Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

Anybody know how many sat the ist and passed

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Breezecop

Smt back and passed email recieved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Recruit 6 wrote: »
    Anybody know how many sat the ist and passed

There are a few FOI requests going about asking that and I think we are still awaiting exact figures but generally around the 2000 mark pass the ist out of 5000+ applicants.

Wonder how many passed the ac then if roughly 2000 passes the ist

Recruit 6 wrote: »
    Wonder how many passed the ac then if roughly 2000 passes the ist

Last campaign about 900 out of 2100 passed AC.

• Advertisement

Breezecop wrote: »

Did you hear anything more about your vetting breezecop?

Pull up a magazine I guess, your in the waiting room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Aye_Chihuahua

Good man

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Breezecop

No no vetting back yet ..im starting to worry like as iwas in first fast track.. lol

No no vetting back yet ..im starting to worry like as iwas in first fast track.. lol

I am sure you wont have anything to worry about. You'll hear soon enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

When it comes to the IST and the AC everyone is here to help each other. But at the same time it's every person for themselves.
    A single mark could be the difference between pass and fail and if you come up with a way of remembering something easier and post it on here. The 60 members plus the unknown number of lurkers now have the same advantage as you and could do better than you with your idea.
    Help each other out with ideas that are already widly available but don't give away your particular secrets. I used the following phrase to remember the order of the personal behaviours...

Applications Seemed Overly Simple. Candidates Found Reading Posts Did Wonders.

Accountability
    Service delivery
    Openness to change
    Serving the public.

Courtesy
    Fairness
    Respect
    Professionalism.
    Decision making
    Working with others

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Liambv0011

Hi everyone, managed to get 57% on my AC after convincing myself that I had failed terribly so i'm over the moon that i passed. Can't wait to meet everyone at Garnerville. Does anyone have any tips in what to expect for the fitness??

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

A step closer - good news pal

Just realised I have my SMT email too. Phone wasn't showing any notifications. Opened email and suddenly had 23 emails, mainly from boards lol.

Pass on my SMT too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

NiK9 wrote: »
    Just realised I have my SMT email too. Phone wasn't showing any notifications. Opened email and suddenly had 23 emails, mainly from boards lol.

Well and truly in the waiting room now. Great news. How long was the time frame from medical to SMT results? Just trying to work out if there is a logical time scale. So if a person were for talk sake to have their medical tomorrow, they could work out when to expect SMT results. Clutching at straws lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Arniez12

Anyone know how many is in each fast track group? So if there is 3 fast track groups is that 3 classes or is there more than one class per group?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Njim91

Hi guys! Haven't been on this since the mails came out regarding AC outcome. Just wondering should everyone have had an email direct from psni recruitment by now or are we still waiting for the merit list to be handed over? Thanks in advance!

Faugha wrote: »

Well and truly in the waiting room now. Great news. How long was the time frame from medical to SMT results? Just trying to work out if there is a logical time scale. So if a person were for talk sake to have their medical tomorrow, they could work out when to expect SMT results. Clutching at straws lol

Roughly 3 weeks. Was meant to take 1 week, but sure that's what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mwat17

Hey all.  Thanks for all the info everyone has been posting - some of it has been really helpful.

I passed - delighted - but in the 55-60 score bracket.  Initially I could have burst with excitement....then realised there's a chance I may not even get a look in with a low score.  I know people are saying not to speculate/assume etc but it has happened in the past so it is difficult not to think that way.

I have only received an email with my score so far - nothing else.  Nothing about vetting, PCA etc, nada.  I hope they received my vetting ok, I assume since my application has continued that they have! 

I'm going to email PSNI to ask this question, as well as about laser eye surg :'( - but if anyone can answer here sooner, I'd be grateful:  If there is an August recruitment can I still apply despite being in this campaign?  If so, do I forfeit my place in this campaign by just applying again?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

mwat17 wrote: »
    Hey all.  Thanks for all the info everyone has been posting - some of it has been really helpful.

I passed - delighted - but in the 55-60 score bracket.  Initially I could have burst with excitement....then realised there's a chance I may not even get a look in with a low score.  I know people are saying not to speculate/assume etc but it has happened in the past so it is difficult not to think that way.

I have only received an email with my score so far - nothing else.  Nothing about vetting, PCA etc, nada.  I hope they received my vetting ok, I assume since my application has continued that they have! 

I'm going to email PSNI to ask this question, as well as about laser eye surg :'( - but if anyone can answer here sooner, I'd be grateful:  If there is an August recruitment can I still apply despite being in this campaign?  If so, do I forfeit my place in this campaign by just applying again?

You can apply to the next campaign. I think it asks somewhere for your uid number so they know if you're in other campaigns but it doesn't knock you out of any

Njim91 wrote: »
    Hi guys! Haven't been on this since the mails came out regarding AC outcome. Just wondering should everyone have had an email direct from psni recruitment by now or are we still waiting for the merit list to be handed over? Thanks in advance!
    Well done on passing!! I havent heard either. I think it is just a waiting game now

• Advertisement

Lily79 wrote: »

You can apply to the next campaign. I think it asks somewhere for your uid number so they know if you're in other campaigns but it doesn't knock you out of any

I cant see why they would organise another recruitment drive if they arent planning on fitting all successful candidates in to do there remaining fitness and medical tests. Im also in that bracket and im very confident we have reason to look forward to a new career

PSNI Will just say you will be contacted in due course. It goes in merit order so you won't be contacted about PCA until the score above you have complete it.
    Just keep yourself fit and just wait for the email :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

Done exactly the same, looks like we just play the waiting game now!

Rossco22 wrote: »

If they are starting the first class at the start of Aug that's only 11 weeks away. I'm sure I can manage to drag myself to work until then lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Loremaster Teclis

Rossco22 wrote: »

If they are starting the first class at the start of Aug that's only 11 weeks away. I'm sure I can manage to drag myself to work until then lol.
    There's about 8 weeks between call and start right? With the induction day in the middle after 4 weeks? If so my notice will be in the day of the call if possible in order to take advantage of the time before starting if we're gonna have to do 6 months without leave (which again we are apparently assigned but not allowed to take, hopefully it will be available in the remainder of the year).

Well done to you men/women who are just awaiting the call fair play hard work has paid off

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Newbie1710

What is the lowest score that have got their PCA date?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Spike1886

64 seems to be the lowest score on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

So 64 and under are up next.......woooppeeeee

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

I dont think PSNI know anyones actual scores considering merit list still hasn't been handed over. I think they are gojng by score ranges.

Advertisement