Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Aye_Chihuahua

Everyone get on ok at the recent pca familiarisations? Not long until the real thing for some of us. Keep the training up guys and girls!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spasticator

Anyone else also applied for the Support Staff Roles within PSNI simultaneously? How you find the test?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Anyone else also applied for the Support Staff Roles within PSNI simultaneously? How you find the test?

Dedicated thread bud.

https://www.boards.ie/b/thread/2057815448/51#107138062

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Everyone get on ok at the recent pca familiarisations? Not long until the real thing for some of us. Keep the training up guys and girls!

I was at familiarisation aswell. Plenty of folk at it, I must have missed you mate as everyone I spoke with had never even heard of the boards. Just had to spread the good word.

Looked and felt easier than I thought tbh, will I be saying that on lap 3 on the day though? We'll soon see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

I was at familiarisation aswell. Plenty of folk at it, I must have missed you mate as everyone I spoke with had never even heard of the boards. Just had to spread the good word.

Looked and felt easier than I thought tbh, will I be saying that on lap 3 on the day though? We'll soon see.
    Pm'd you mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Ponif

Was at the familiarisation, spoke with at least one person who knew about the boards but didn't post. To be honest I found it very useful, lot of nerves thinking maybe I wasn't able to do a part of the course but it was very reassuring since I could do everything no bother. Respect though to anyone that can straight up vault the wall, I had to climb it.

Ponif wrote: »
    Was at the familiarisation, spoke with at least one person who knew about the boards but didn't post. To be honest I found it very useful, lot of nerves thinking maybe I wasn't able to do a part of the course but it was very reassuring since I could do everything no bother. Respect though to anyone that can straight up vault the wall though, I had to climb it.

Vault the wall? They won't do that on the third lap lol

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Yellow321

Hello all - new to this threat but glad I came across it. Scored 58 in AC and still waiting for PCA dates etc. Anyone else on same boat? Anyone know when we will ‘likely’ hear anything? Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭eslow

Yellow321 wrote: »
    Hello all - new to this threat but glad I came across it. Scored 58 in AC and still waiting for PCA dates etc. Anyone else on same boat? Anyone know when we will ‘likely’ hear anything? Thanks in advance

Hi! Welcome!
    I scored around the same as you. Still haven’t heard anything yet. Just a waiting game. Would be nice to hear something! Just so you know they haven’t forgot about us. Ha

I know! I feel forgotten about, is it hopeful there will even be any posts left for us slightly lower scorers if all the higher scores past the next stages? Really really want this!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭eslow

I know! I feel forgotten about, is it hopeful there will even be any posts left for us slightly lower scorers if all the higher scores past the next stages? Really really want this!!

I would say yes. I have a few friends in the police and have been told there is to be another 600 leaving this year. So that’s more places to be filled. Don’t worry. We will get there!

Mate there are people still waiting from the previous campaign. I get it's tough waiting and seems like ages but be prepared to wait as very few of us know how many people are ahead of them. As u said some people have been waiting years at this stages not months.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spasticator

I mailed them recently and the PSNI stated that they were still waiting for the Deloitte list to be passed over to them

Thanks everyone. Anyone know how soon after the PCA you get called for the medical & SMT? Also anyone got the online learning yet? I get that it could be a very long time but wondering how long is left between stages too...

Thanks everyone. Anyone know how soon after the PCA you get called for the medical & SMT? Also anyone got the online learning yet? I get that it could be a very long time but wondering how long is left between stages too...

Once you pass your pca, they have 6 months to bring you or you have to redo the fitness test.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 belfast_22

Just out of interest how have people been getting on with the medicals? Has anyone failed there’s?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Kermit243

Went for medical recently. Most people attending with me seemed relaxed. The nurses are great and unless anything major shows up it should be grand. Now just to wait for the smt and vetting...

Got my vetting email today so just got medical and smt to go and then hopefully the dreaded wait

• Registered Users Posts: 16 FreshStart2018

Any one completed medical and still waiting on vetting to clear?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Kermit243

Yes still waiting on vetting. They had emailed me in february time about some missing bits etc but that's all. Most people at medical hadn't heard anything either so may just have to keep waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 16 FreshStart2018

Kermit243 wrote: »
    Yes still waiting on vetting. They had emailed me in february time about some missing bits etc but that's all. Most people at medical hadn't heard anything either so may just have to keep waiting

Yea same - I had a question on mine at the start of April but nothing since then - just need to play the waiting game!

belfast_22 wrote: »
    Got my vetting email today so just got medical and smt to go and then hopefully the dreaded wait

Are you second or third fast track?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

Any one completed medical and still waiting on vetting to clear?

Yes pal I had my medical last week and waiting in vetting. It’s a weird one as if you read the post above yours, there are people receiving their vetting before they even go to medical

I can’t understand the process at all, I’d my medical lastweek but still no vetting. Can’t understand what takes so long, I thought I was a pretty uncomplicated person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

Faugha wrote: »
    I can’t understand the process at all, I’d my medical lastweek but still no vetting. Can’t understand what takes so long, I thought I was a pretty uncomplicated person

I suppose it depends on many factors. Previous social media posts, who you are friends with, who your parents and/or siblings are friends with.

I'm not sure how in depth the police vetting is but my partner is DV cleared in her line of work. I'm told it's the highest level of clearance you can get in the UK. She was told by others to be 110% truthful in her interview because any questions asked were just to confirm what they already knew about her.

Personally, I'm hoping that my vetting should be ok considering I would have been a centre point in her DV clearance.

Second group but had to redo pca, hence the short set back compared to others

Second group but had to redo pca, hence the short set back compared to others

Ahhhh that makes sense then

Faugha wrote: »

Have you checked your credit report to see if a search has appeared on it yet? Hopefully won’t be too long, out of interest did much happen at your medical? It seems to me that your gp does most of it so what do the nurses check for?

• Advertisement

No search’s on credit file and most who I know to have had vetting return say they saw no searches so this may not be an accurate indicator.

Advertisement