Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 belfast_22

Saw mixed posts about the credit file searches but can confirm mine showed up which was a good way of checking progress as I believe it’s the most expensive check to carry out so I guess it’s kept till the end

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JECornette

As a matter of interest, does anyone know if being involved in a civil case is a barrier to appointment? Slow down start date at GV until case is concluded? No mention of civil issues on Join.PSNI. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

JECornette wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, does anyone know if being involved in a civil case is a barrier to appointment? Slow down start date at GV until case is concluded? No mention of civil issues on Join.PSNI. Thanks

Civil not criminal? I doubt it wouldbhave an affect, ring 101 and ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

Civil as in a divorce or civil as in small claims? Declare it whenever you get the opportunity but essentially the only issue will be that you won't be able to attend any court cases until after GV

Civil not criminal? I doubt it wouldbhave an affect, ring 101 and ask?

I’ll do just that :)

• Advertisement

majgreen wrote: »

Civil as in a divorce or civil as in small claims? Declare it whenever you get the opportunity but essentially the only issue will be that you won't be able to attend any court cases until after GV

Neither of those but of equal measure. That’s what I thought, just nice to have it confirmed! If it becomes an issue I’ll let PSNI know at once, great advice

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Njim91

Hi folks. Scored in the 55 to 60 in AC. I know the list hasn't been passed on to psni yet. But anyone know how long someone in that score bracket will be waiting for PCA. And if successful then how long after that will the medical need to be done? I know this is very vague and one can only speculate but just wondering. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭stm1

I'm in that bracket too. I reckon it will b at least October / November by the time we hear about PCA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭stm1

We can work it out a bit better once the FOI comes back. NiK9 submitted it just after the results came out i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

belfast_22 wrote: »
    Got my vetting email today so just got medical and smt to go and then hopefully the dreaded wait

Are you second or third fast track?

Second group but had to redo pca, hence the short set back compared to others
    What happened had redo your pca

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 belfast_22

Recruit 6 wrote: »
    Got my vetting email today so just got medical and smt to go and then hopefully the dreaded wait

Watched the YouTube video and thought “looks easy enough the girl barely jogs and she seems to be ok” yea don’t do what I did and rely upon a video, flat out for three laps and you’ll pass it (if you haven’t already)

Watched the YouTube video and thought “looks easy enough the girl barely jogs and she seems to be ok” yea don’t do what I did and rely upon a video, flat out for three laps and you’ll pass it (if you haven’t already)
    Haven't done mine yet but I was told that video is edited of each section filmed separately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

This is not my FOI. This one was submitted start of March and only answered on 29th May (which means as of 29th psni havnt got merit list yet). My first request was submitted end of March so hopfully mine won't be too long away.

Request 1
    In the current recruitment campaign how many candidates applied to join the PSNI?
    Answer
    7696 candidates applied for the current Student Officer recruitment campaign.

Request 2
    Of those candidates how many successfully passed the IST?
    Answer
    2405 candidates passed the IST and were invited to the assessment centre stage of the recruitment process.

Request 3
    Of those candidates how many have successfully passed the assessment centre?
    Answer
    PSNI’s external recruitment provider is continuing to process applicants from the assessment centre
    stage therefore PSNI has not to date been provided with a merit list of all candidates who have
    passed this stage.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/2017_recruitment#incoming-1164909

NiK9 wrote: »
    This is not my FOI. This one was submitted start of March and only answered on 29th May (which means as of 29th psni havnt got merit list yet). My first request was submitted end of March so hopfully mine won't be too long away.

Request 1
    In the current recruitment campaign how many candidates applied to join the PSNI?
    Answer
    7696 candidates applied for the current Student Officer recruitment campaign.

Request 2
    Of those candidates how many successfully passed the IST?
    Answer
    2405 candidates passed the IST and were invited to the assessment centre stage of the recruitment process.

Request 3
    Of those candidates how many have successfully passed the assessment centre?
    Answer
    PSNI’s external recruitment provider is continuing to process applicants from the assessment centre
    stage therefore PSNI has not to date been provided with a merit list of all candidates who have
    passed this stage.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/2017_recruitment#incoming-1164909
    Wonder how many actually attended the AC and how many passed . As 5200 people didn't get to the assesment centre

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Thanks for posting. Bloody budget cuts! Hopefully they get the funding for the additional 400 officers

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

I know I just hope they don't cut the budget too soon and we all make it :-)

I would say they will get the funding as it's unsafe not to have that amount of officer's . Has everyone from the last campaign merit list being to college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

I would say they will get the funding as it's unsafe not to have that amount of officer's . Has everyone from the last campaign merit list being to college
    No I think there are still some waiting

When is the first class being taking in from this campaign

• Advertisement

When is the first class being taking in from this campaign
    We don't officially know yet mate, we can only assume August or September after the July craziness.

If you had to guess from the 2405 that attended the A.C. how many would you say passed

If you had to guess from the 2405 that attended the A.C. how many would you say passed
    Total guess........ 948

Total guess........ 948
    Chances of everyone getting to college is slim

You's all need to see the bigger picture.

If you read that article and the accompanying video take this from it.

They need every warm body they can get.

If the Chief Con can take it from one campaign, i.e. 1710 he will.

However it is likely that an autumn 18 campaign is there as a comtingency/to build rather plug a gap.

So 1710 folk you are primatily beimg used to plug a gap. Which is good news, i.e. you have a very good chance of getting in.

However I suspect that there will be a slightly larger proprtion of PCA fails this time round as people have had less time to prepare.

So at may "accordian" so to speak. To a big block of people starting GV at the start of the training year, a trickle in the middle due to delays, medical delays/ appeals, vetting fails/appeals, PCA fails/ resit, and then a large batch towards to tail end of 1710s induction cycle as everyone catches up from the delays.

Yes people will fail the next few stages, but who cares? This is the job YOU want, keep fit and worry about yourself.

You's all need to see the bigger picture.

If you read that article and the accompanying video take this from it.

They need every warm body they can get.

If the Chief Con can take it from one campaign, i.e. 1710 he will.

However it is likely that an autumn 18 campaign is there as a comtingency/to build rather plug a gap.

So 1710 folk you are primatily beimg used to plug a gap. Which is good news, i.e. you have a very good chance of getting in.

However I suspect that there will be a slightly larger proprtion of PCA fails this time round as people have had less time to prepare.

So at may "accordian" so to speak. To a big block of people starting GV at the start of the training year, a trickle in the middle due to delays, medical delays/ appeals, vetting fails/appeals, PCA fails/ resit, and then a large batch towards to tail end of 1710s induction cycle as everyone catches up from the delays.

Yes people will fail the next few stages, but who cares? This is the job YOU want, keep fit and worry about yourself.
    True banterbus28 I am just itching to do my pca

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

It’s quite misleading that they say budget cuts prevent the chief con from plugging the gap, why then would they be conducting a recruitment campaign, going to the effort of fast tracking and have already muted at an autumn campaign.

Thinking as a member of the public and not a hopeful recruit, it’s shocking to think that in an emergency there simply isn’t the staff to deal with it, something we all take for granted

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Scammy21

Think this article explains the delays people are experiencing. A close friend has successfully passed all stages including vetting and medical and hasnt heard anything more regarding start date etc. Everything was completed over a month ago. Similarly vetting delays for other applicants i think the recruitment team will just be swamped right now. I have medical in the next few weeks and still awaiting vetting. In fast track group 2 but not getting my hopes up for an August start.

Faugha wrote: »
    It’s quite misleading that they say budget cuts prevent the chief con from plugging the gap, why then would they be conducting a recruitment campaign, going to the effort of fast tracking and have already muted at an autumn campaign.

Thinking as a member of the public and not a hopeful recruit, it’s shocking to think that in an emergency there simply isn’t the staff to deal with it, something we all take for granted

This is what happens when you freeze recruiting for 5 years...

Civil service is just as strapped, over 1000 agency workers in DfC alone.

NIAS is dangerously undermanned. To the point that if your ring an ambulamce it's 50/50 whether an ambo or a police car shows up...

• Advertisement

Suppose though over time is more or less on tap for me LOL

Advertisement