Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

Scammy21 wrote: »
    Think this article explains the delays people are experiencing. A close friend has successfully passed all stages including vetting and medical and hasnt heard anything more regarding start date etc. Everything was completed over a month ago. Similarly vetting delays for other applicants i think the recruitment team will just be swamped right now. I have medical in the next few weeks and still awaiting vetting. In fast track group 2 but not getting my hopes up for an August start.

I’m fast track group 2 and only awaiting vetting. Just seems to have all gone a bit quiet now and slowed down. Time will tell, I just wish the process was a little more transparent by means of updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Spike1886

I was told a couple of weeks ago that first intake from this campaign will start first week in August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Faugha wrote: »
    Think this article explains the delays people are experiencing. A close friend has successfully passed all stages including vetting and medical and hasnt heard anything more regarding start date etc. Everything was completed over a month ago. Similarly vetting delays for other applicants i think the recruitment team will just be swamped right now. I have medical in the next few weeks and still awaiting vetting. In fast track group 2 but not getting my hopes up for an August start.

I’m fast track group 2 and only awaiting vetting. Just seems to have all gone a bit quiet now and slowed down. Time will tell, I just wish the process was a little more transparent by means of updates.

This campaign has been massively more transparent than anything previous....

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

Faugha wrote: »

How do you mean it's more transparent in what respect

Let's breakdown the differences...

1509;
    PCA could come whenever
    Vetting nothing unless failed, you had to go ask.
    SMT nothing unless failed you had to go ask.
    Data gather for Vetting was done as part of the process.

Pca could come whenever
    Vetting told when passed, no need to ask
    SMT told when passed, no need to ask.
    Data gather for vetting done immediately after IST.
    Contant recruitment updates on JoinPSNI.co.uk
    Deloitte explaining the delay in handing over merit list...

Why do you think this process is bad, they are literally as transparent as they can be.

PSNI also dont have the Merit list yet...

• Advertisement

1509;
    PCA could come whenever

Pca could come whenever

Why do you think this process is bad, they are literally as transparent as they can be.

Naw I think this one is alot better but why haven't they got the merit list yet it's a month from the ac results and you were told to bring qualifications with you on the day

Recruit 6 wrote: »

1509;
    PCA could come whenever

Pca could come whenever

Naw I think this one is alot better but why haven't they got the merit list yet it's a month from the ac results and you were told to bring qualifications with you on the day

Idk. Should have binned folk for not supplying them by now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

1509;
    PCA could come whenever

Pca could come whenever

I agree. When I found out my IST results in January I sent away for my gcse certificate straight away as I knew it would take a few weeks to process. Don’t understand why people would wait months before sending away for them. It’s just holding everyone up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Joceyjoe wrote: »

1509;
    PCA could come whenever

Pca could come whenever

I agree. When I found out my IST results in January I sent away for my gcse certificate straight away as I knew it would take a few weeks to process. Don’t understand why people would wait months before sending away for them. It’s just holding everyone up.

You will find them people will most likely not end up in gv

Only words to describe admin nightmares like those people is a 4 letter word beginning with a D and ending in a K

• Advertisement

I agree they should have been binned and bit allowed to sit the ac tbh

Only words to describe admin nightmares like those people is a 4 letter word beginning with a D and ending in a K

What have ducks got to do with them?

Ohhhhhhh I see what you did there lol

Surely they have applied for jobs before. Am I the only person that has a file full of my certs?

Surely they have applied for jobs before. Am I the only person that has a file full of my certs?
    I felt old going into the ac with my old records of achievement that has everything in it. Do they still do them these days?

I doubt they’re the type of people to keep organised folders if they wait 4 months before sending for their certificates

I doubt they’re the type of people to keep organised folders if they wait 4 months before sending for their certificates

Oh they are just the people that like to watch the world burn.

I felt old going into the ac with my old records of achievement that has everything in it. Do they still do them these days?[/quote

I haven’t a clue, I would have thought they still did though

Also just find a wall and get over it.

Going through old posts since coming back to this board and this reminds me I need to work on my pull ups..... No point working on my back if I can lift myself up....

Oh they are just the people that like to watch the world burn.
    Ohhhh batman quote!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭NemesisEejit

As to exam certificates, they can cause problems for various reasons. My problem was that GCSE's were 12 years and a ****ton of qualifications ago for me, and I didn't think I would ever need to refer to them again. I had to cobble together a random mix of GCSE and A Level certs to get by, and even then I had trouble. These folks will probably have brought along evidence which isn't quite good enough, that is all. They should be given time. The process us moving onward anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Scammy21

What specifically does the merit list signify? Is this the AC results and they take in order of who performed best? Just wondering what happened in previous recruitment drives? For example i scored high 70s in the AC but havnt got vetting through yet. So for me will they speed this up to try and progress my application when merit list is received or just go on to the next person who has completed vetting etc?

The PSNI don't know individual scores yet. All they know is that there are people who are now appointable.

So once you have all stages complete, you will be placed in the order of merit.

If you are on 78 with vetting outstanding yet somebody is on 65 with vetting done and you both have all other stages done then the 65 is on the appoimtable merit list. You are not. However if you get vetting done before said person is offered a place in GV then you go higher in the list.

Savvy?

I think they had there chance to provide it so to bad so sad

Umm want to join one of the most accountable professions in the world yet can't supply the evidence that they meet application criteria by the time they have to, they have had 6 months.... literally said in the candidate booklet to start getting your sh*t together ASAP.

Umm want to join one of the most accountable professions in the world yet can't supply the evidence that they meet application criteria by the time they have to, they have had 6 months.... literally said in the candidate booklet to start getting your sh*t together ASAP.

"But I didn't know they needed it" they'll say. I did my gcses nearly 20 years ago and I can tel you where my certs are, even though I don't need them on a regular basis. I feel for you guys in limbo waiting on the list to be passed across due to people being disorganised and unprepared.

"But I didn't know they needed it" they'll say. I did my gcses nearly 20 years ago and I can tel you where my certs are, even though I don't need them on a regular basis. I feel for you guys in limbo waiting on the list to be passed across due to people being disorganised and unprepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Guys I know similar questions have been asked countless times but I just want to clarify one issue. Will we only know we passed vetting AFTER the medical? How long have others waited post medical and feedback from vetting? Was it an email that confirmed you cleared vetting?

ML515 wrote: »
    Guys I know similar questions have been asked countless times but I just want to clarify one issue. Will we only know we passed vetting AFTER the medical? How long have others waited post medical and feedback from vetting? Was it an email that confirmed you cleared vetting?

My mate was Fast Track 1. Day after medical for pass, vetting came a week later.

ML515 wrote: »

My mate was Fast Track 1. Day after medical for pass, vetting came a week later.

You're ft2 aren't ya fella?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 belfast_22

I’m in ft2 and got my vetting already and haven’t had my medical, do the nurses tell you if you passed on the day or do they not give much away?

Advertisement