Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

belfast_22 wrote: »
    I’m in ft2 and got my vetting already and haven’t had my medical, do the nurses tell you if you passed on the day or do they not give much away?
    Did someone not say recently you found out the day after medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

ML515 wrote: »
    Guys I know similar questions have been asked countless times but I just want to clarify one issue. Will we only know we passed vetting AFTER the medical? How long have others waited post medical and feedback from vetting? Was it an email that confirmed you cleared vetting?

My mate was Fast Track 1. Day after medical for pass, vetting came a week later.

You're ft2 aren't ya fella?

Aye but I’ve had 3 jobs in the last 12 months so... ehhhh, not straight forward. Is there any point in ringing and enquiring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Guys I know similar questions have been asked countless times but I just want to clarify one issue. Will we only know we passed vetting AFTER the medical? How long have others waited post medical and feedback from vetting? Was it an email that confirmed you cleared vetting?

My mate was Fast Track 1. Day after medical for pass, vetting came a week later.

You're ft2 aren't ya fella?

Aye but I’ve had 3 jobs in the last 12 months so... ehhhh, not straight forward. Is there any point in ringing and enquiring?

If you were paid PAYE they'll see all that when they do the HMRC enquiries so no need to worry.

I have 3 jobs and my vetting comes vack clear. And yes it's police vetting.

If you were paid PAYE they'll see all that when they do the HMRC enquiries so no need to worry.

All PAYE! I would have just liked to have heard by now :confused:

All PAYE! I would have just liked to have heard by now :confused:

Then you should be grand in regards to Employment history.

• Advertisement

At what stage do we get sent details of online learning? Post medical or vetting?

At what stage do we get sent details of online learning? Post medical or vetting?

After PCA pass. Pre medical, pre vetting. Don't psych yourself up too much for it....

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ktrsd

I got mine just after passing the PCA and before the medical. Haven't heard back about vetting yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Yellow321

Tell me this - as part of the vetting they don’t contact your current employer, do they??

Yellow321 wrote: »
    Tell me this - as part of the vetting they don’t contact your current employer, do they??

I think they only contact your previous employers if you were dismissed, i think it's to find out whether yoi were truthful about the reason or not

• Advertisement

Plus they likely pretend to be from another government agency due to the threat. So o wouldn't worry

After PCA pass. Pre medical, pre vetting. Don't psych yourself up too much for it....
    Was just interested mate, thanks

Plus they likely pretend to be from another government agency due to the threat. So o wouldn't worry

Thats great thanks - my employer can be a bit of an ass though so worried they won’t even reply...meaning it could hold everything up for me!

Thats great thanks - my employer can be a bit of an ass though so worried they won’t even reply...meaning it could hold everything up for me!

Just contacted vetting on the phone there and they advised me (like I suspect) that vetting was a very individualised process and it takes as long as it takes, no estimate of turn around time.

Yellow321 wrote: »

Few people have said they have cleared vetting without anyone being contacted. It isn’t a cert.

If we check out credit file searches..... What will the search be under? Its probably something subtle rather than 'psni vetting check' lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Slatprh

If we check out credit file searches..... What will the search be under? Its probably something subtle rather than 'psni vetting check' lol.

It’s actually the opposite I think, I remember someone posting here saying that the check will appear as PSNI or something similar. Someone who has had it done can confirm

Slatprh wrote: »

It’s actually the opposite I think, I remember someone posting here saying that the check will appear as PSNI or something similar. Someone who has had it done can confirm
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 belfast_22

I’m guessing it’ll be your most recent “soft search” it appeared at the top for me and not as subtle as you’d think without saying you’ll spot it straight away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Aye_Chihuahua

I’m guessing it’ll be your most recent “soft search” it appeared at the top for me and not as subtle as you’d think without saying you’ll spot it straight away

I've to wait a week until my credit report updates for the month to see the searches. At what stage were most seeing the soft search on their file? After pca? After medical? Etc

• Registered Users Posts: 32 belfast_22

I've to wait a week until my credit report updates for the month to see the searches. At what stage were most seeing the soft search on their file? After pca? After medical? Etc

It’s varied quite a bit some have completed everything else but haven’t heard anything from vetting yet, others like myself heard after pca

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

I got the 'vetting cleared' email before the search showed on the credit report. It's very obvious when listed.

I got the 'vetting cleared' email before the search showed on the credit report. It's very obvious when listed.

Thanks. The vetting part is my only concern in this process through no fault of my own without going into details. Otherwise my hopes would be fully up etc. Fingers, toes, legs etc crossed lol

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

Thanks. The vetting part is my only concern in this process through no fault of my own without going into details. Otherwise my hopes would be fully up etc. Fingers, toes, legs etc crossed lol

Depends on what the issue is - but there could be lots of reasons why the vetting is slower for some and faster than others. Could be number of addresses, jobs, finance etc. Living in the same address and having the same job for the last 10yrs would be faster compared to renting and moving every year and changing jobs etc

You're PSNI vetting cpuld be done they might just be waiting on Counter-terrorism check

You're PSNI vetting cpuld be done they might just be waiting on Counter-terrorism check

I'm not worried about the time frame. Don't get me wrong. I'm certainly no counter terrorism risk lol.

Suffuce to say if needs be I'll have character references readily available from serving and former police officers about me if needed to appeal.

I'm not worried about the time frame. Don't get me wrong. I'm certainly no counter terrorism risk lol.

Suffuce to say if needs be I'll have character references readily available from serving and former police officers about me if needed to appeal.

• Advertisement

Advertisement