Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

Waiting88 wrote: »
    Kn1231999 - I also am using alternatives for my education. I am using a btec for two so I’m hoping it will be ok. I put in the application form with exactly what education I have so I assume it would have been rejected at that point?
    I think we should be fine bud, for me I have 2 AS's to substitute a GCSE that isn't one of the essentials can't see a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

Curious to see if anyone else is up this month as well for AC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

Slo85 wrote: »
    Anyone who has been to the assessment centre before, can you give a rough idea of how many people attend on the day?

It doesn't matter l, no group assessments or discussions. Just focus on yourself and you'll be grand

Thank you.

Rossco22 wrote: »

Kinda shocked at the amount of notice. No time for me to over think everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Waiting88

If you look at psni frequently asked questions it tells you all you need. All is grand as long as you have English and maths gcse or equivalent then a level ect is ok for the others

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

Big time, can't believe how quick the turnaround is. Has there been any word of Physical being pushed back? Surely couldn't maintain the originally intended timescale now?

Big time, can't believe how quick the turnaround is. Has there been any word of Physical being pushed back? Surely couldn't maintain the originally intended timescale now?

Not that I’ve heard. My impression is they want this campaign moving as quickly as possible. Vetting forms are being posted before some have even done A/C. I hope it is quick and not like previous campaigns where it takes well over the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭MayDupname

KN1231999 wrote: »
    Kn1231999 - I also am using alternatives for my education. I am using a btec for two so I’m hoping it will be ok. I put in the application form with exactly what education I have so I assume it would have been rejected at that point?
    I think we should be fine bud, for me I have 2 AS's to substitute a GCSE that isn't one of the essentials can't see a problem

I'm educated to a post-grad level and had to spend time and money to get my original GCSE certificates. Nearly didn't make the deadline. No substitutions were accepted as it was 5 GCSE's they required. This was for the 1509 campaign so things may have changed this time around. All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 4th time lucky

Just re read the GCSE info unless your A levels are in Maths & English you do not have the required qualifications ie maths & English required separate
    Sorry to burst anyone’s bubble you can read it for yourself on the guidance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Chucky1011 wrote: »
    Anyone who has been to the assessment centre before, can you give a rough idea of how many people attend on the day?
    About 15/20 if I remember correctly !

Great. Thank you. I was imagining there to be 50+.

Drop that number drastically. During last last a.c. there were single digits as some didn't turn up and some were sent away because didn't have right qualifications or didn't bring certificates/I'd etc.

Guys/girls just remember it's your job to bring the originals and the photocopies. They won't photocopy them for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Waiting88

Yeh that’s grand I have maths and English and another gcse then have a btec to cover the two other GCSEs I don’t have. That’s what I took from the education info on the website too. As long as you have gcse maths and english or essential skills maths and English you can make up the others in a levels ect

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

NiK9 wrote: »
    Drop that number drastically. During last last a.c. there were single digits as some didn't turn up and some were sent away because didn't have right qualifications or didn't bring certificates/I'd etc.

Guys/girls just remember it's your job to bring the originals and the photocopies. They won't photocopy them for you.

That was my understanding too. Single digits at my centre in 1509.

Has it always been a 5 hour day?

It was four and a half in previous campaigns but I think they've added on time for the mini IST.

It saiys you need Maths English GCSE (or equivalent ) I have that
    Then it says you need 4 other GCSES (Or equivalent (I have 3 other GCSE's and 2 AS's to make up the last GCSE)
    I'll get an answer from Deloitte tomorrow but I think it's fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Then it says you need 4 other GCSES (Or equivalent (I have 3 other GCSE's and 2 AS's to make up the last GCSE)

With Deloitte's timekeeping you are hopeful lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

Anyone else who didn’t pass hoping they drop the pass score to 30? Lol

Why would they drop the pass score? They got the numbers the wanted through the high pass mark, if they needed more then they would have dropped it a mark or two but not 4 marks because within those 4 marks probably contained closed to 1,000 people at least! It’s a harsh thought but if we failed, we failed, we will try again next time

Lockie101 wrote: »
    Anyone else who didn’t pass hoping they drop the pass score to 30? Lol

Why would they drop the pass score? They got the numbers the wanted through the high pass mark, if they needed more then they would have dropped it a mark or two but not 4 marks because within those 4 marks probably contained closed to 1,000 people at least! It’s a harsh thought but if we failed, we failed, we will try again next time

I second this, we didn't meet the standards, suck it up buttercup, chin up and craic on. Heartbreaking but life's not fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

Not going to lie, I probably wont be on the board as much now due to it just reminds me of what could have been but I will try and check in as often as I can and I really want to wish you boardies the best of luck with the rest of the process and I expect some useful tips from those of you who are on the beat by the time the next application opens ;)<3

With Deloitte's timekeeping you are hopeful lol
    Yeah maybe I'm a little optimistic, hopefully I get a wee reply tomrrow so I can stop overthinking it and focus up for the AC

You only need Maths, English and 3 other GCSE. Not 4.
    From the email:

3. Please bring the original and a photocopy of the following certificates:

- GCSE Maths (or equivalent) at A*-C;

- GCSE English Language (or equivalent) at A*-C; and

- 3 other GCSEs (or equivalent) at A*-C.

• Advertisement

You only need Maths, English and 3 other GCSE. Not 4.
    From the email:

3. Please bring the original and a photocopy of the following certificates:

- GCSE Maths (or equivalent) at A*-C;

- GCSE English Language (or equivalent) at A*-C; and

- 3 other GCSEs (or equivalent) at A*-C.
    Oh sorry my mistake, meant to say 3

From the JoinPSNI:

I have a BTEC qualification. Do I meet the eligibility criteria?

Unfortunately a BTEC qualification alone, will not meet the eligibility criteria. Although a BTEC qualification is equivalent to 5 GCSEs at A*-C grade, candidates must have a GCSE at A*-C grade in English Language or Maths (or equivalent qualification). The only BTEC qualifications that are equivalent to GCSEs in English Language or Maths, are BTEC qualifications in English Language or Maths respectively.
    So as far as I can make out you can use your BTEC for your 3 "other" GCSE but you will still need a GCSE/equivalent for maths and english.

It also states on a PDF from JoinPSNI. That GCE AS are equivalent to a level 3 but only if they have 6 credits each. Whatever that means??

http://www.qaa.ac.uk/en/Publications/Documents/qualifications-can-cross-boundaries.pdf

Sorry for posting so much in one go. Have some free time at work and been reading the FAQs.

One for all you ladies who have changed your name due to marrage. You have to take an original and a photocopy of your marrage certificate to the A.C. if your certificates are in your maiden name!!

Sorry for posting so much in one go. Have some free time at work and been reading the FAQs.

One for all you ladies who have changed your name due to marrage. You have to take an original and a photocopy of your marrage certificate to the A.C. if your certificates are in your maiden name!!

So my 2 AS levels count as level 3? think im sweet then that give me 6 qualifications! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 slimmboyfat

Hi,
    Can anyone recommend any potential AC tutors that you may have experience with? 
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

Hi,
    Can anyone recommend any potential AC tutors that you may have experience with? 
    Thanks
    We're not allowed to post the names of tutors on here however id suggest you search online or social media as some tutors advertise their.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Anyone know how quick deloitte are at responding to emails? I know it says within 10 working days, usually sooner but just curious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Anyone know how quick deloitte are at responding to emails? I know it says within 10 working days, usually sooner but just curious.

Hoping for a quick answer too, if they take the full ten working days I’m well buggered!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Goonerdee wrote: »

Hoping for a quick answer too, if they take the full ten working days I’m well buggered!!!

Me too lol jinxed myself about the AC date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭sparkylarky

Would anybody recommend going to an AC class, are they helpful/worth it?

• Advertisement

For ISTS the classes are pointless, however I believe for AC's they can be very helpful although they are also very costly.

Just got an answer from Deloitte, I forgot to add in my grades but from the Email it seems I'm ok as my 2 AS's count as 2 extra qualifications!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭sparkylarky

For ISTS the classes are pointless, however I believe for AC's they can be very helpful although they are also very costly.

They definitely not cheap but it could be worth it

If anyone could pm me in the right direction of a tutor for the AC would be greatly appreciated:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

Just a few questions if anyone knows the answer. (May have been answered so apologies in advance)
    So I read 7700 odd applied to this campaign and someone said in a different thread they reckon the poll is around the 2k mark. Just checking if others think the same.
    Second question is does your IST score come into play with your AC Score in terms of getting higher up the merit list for “the call”

Lastly: (sorry to be a bore)
    In terms of a viable starting date what do people reckon the first squad might be called in to GV? I heard around August/sept time?

Any thoughts or insights would be good :)

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

The vast majority of the tutors are cowboys out looking to make a quick buck.

This board has had hundreds of people post over thousands of page containing all the tips, tricks and info you will ever need.

Read the assessment centre thread from front to back, look up the acronym ILEAPS and learn the competencies inside out and go to the AC with a good nights sleep, an open mind and be confident in your speech throughout the role plays and you will all be fine :)

takodah wrote: »
    Just a few questions if anyone knows the answer. (May have been answered so apologies in advance)
    So I read 7700 odd applied to this campaign and someone said in a different thread they reckon the poll is around the 2k mark. Just checking if others think the same.
    Second question is does your IST score come into play with your AC Score in terms of getting higher up the merit list for “the call”

In terms of a viable starting date what do people reckon the first squad might be called in to GV? I heard around August/sept time?

Cheers
    I hope it's around that time, if I get that far and on the merit list, I need to finish my studies first when will be June time

Cheers

I heard around the same number of applicants. From talking to other serving officers previous campaigns have taken 2000 - 2500 through to A/C.

As far as I know IST scores only come into play if someone has the same A/C score as you though I could be completely wrong.

With start dates I thought I saw it being mentioned with a rough idea of a sept start tho that may be put back with the IST mess up.

Same AC score, IST score comes into play as a tie breaker

• Advertisement

Cheers

Yea usually around the 2000 mark get sent to the A.C.

As far as i can make out from the 1509 campaign the IST Score is only considered when the calls go out, if 2 people are sitting on the same A.C. score but there is only 1 space left in that months starting date.

It could be any time with start date. If they are really going to be vetting us through the process that could speed things up ALOT vetting can take from weeks to months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

Fantastic. Cheers guys for the response.
    Will keep an open mind and prepare for the long wait....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

For those considering a tutor for the AC be very very careful. You are entering a career where people actively want to kill you. It's not hard to pretend you were a serving officer and promise to give all the secrets to help you pass.

It's also worth noting that the AC changes over the years and even those of us who have completed it in recent years are unable to tell what to expect.

The information contained on this forum is far and above what you need to prepare yourself to pass. Take a full read first before shelling out

majgreen wrote: »
    For those considering a tutor for the AC be very very careful. You are entering a career where people actively want to kill you. It's not hard to pretend you were a serving officer and promise to give all the secrets to help you pass.

It's also worth noting that the AC changes over the years and even those of us who have completed it in recent years are unable to tell what to expect.

The information contained on this forum is far and above what you need to prepare yourself to pass. Take a full read first before shelling out

I would agree. I know serving officers who have got in first time without tuition and I have work colleagues who have spent hundreds on tuition and didn't pass the AC. I find it strange, that people actually offer to coach for a format of a process they haven't experienced and really don't know whats coming up.

I passed the AC last time, no coaching, a bit of online research, these forums and dipping into a few english forces role play books.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ash1008

If we are invited to the AC, when would the Fitness Test take place? Any idea of timescales?

Ash1008 wrote: »
    If we are invited to the AC, when would the Fitness Test take place? Any idea of timescales?

Take it one step at a time otherwise you will go nuts, just get to the gym and get fit, hit the roads to run, keep at it and when the time comes you will be fit enough, one less thing to worry about.

• Advertisement

Curious to know if the AC's only consist of one role player per exercise or can it be multiple role players in each exercise?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Wilbur08

Hi

Does anyone know if Deloitte emails are stacked? Given a very early AC date which does not suit. Emailed on Friday but yet to receive a response. Just worried if I email again it will send my original email to the bottom of the queue. I do not fancy my chances attending AC with two toddlers in tow 😂.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Wilbur08 wrote: »
    Hi

Does anyone know if Deloitte emails are stacked? Given a very early AC date which does not suit. Emailed on Friday but yet to receive a response. Just worried if I email again it will send my original email to the bottom of the queue. I do not fancy my chances attending AC with two toddlers in tow 😂.

Thanks

Ive emailed also, still waiting for a reply.

Just got the all clear from Deloitte "Thanks for your email, These results meet the educational requirements of the PSNI"
    So happy! Now I can finally focus on the AC!

Just got the all clear from Deloitte "Thanks for your email, These results meet the educational requirements of the PSNI"
    So happy! Now I can finally focus on the AC!

Great news. Now you can focus on the A/C

• Advertisement
Advertisement