Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

I'm not worried about the time frame. Don't get me wrong. I'm certainly no counter terrorism risk lol.

Suffuce to say if needs be I'll have character references readily available from serving and former police officers about me if needed to appeal.

"The most well behaved guest we had seen in a long time. I would highly recommend him."

-Custody Sergeant, Musgrave Custody Suite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Aye_Chihuahua

ML515 wrote: »
    I'm not worried about the time frame. Don't get me wrong. I'm certainly no counter terrorism risk lol.

Suffuce to say if needs be I'll have character references readily available from serving and former police officers about me if needed to appeal.

"The most well behaved guest we had seen in a long time. I would highly recommend him."

Lol! I meant mates who serve but yeah lol. Have to hide the laugh reading that in work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

No my point is this is round about the time the Foreign Office and Home Office get their staffs CTC renewed 😂😂😂

May be joining a Long queue

By the way, for anyone doing their pca 'mid June' the code word is 'boardie' on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ktrsd

Does anyone know if results of SMT are issued by email or by post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

ML515 wrote: »

Lol! I meant mates who serve but yeah lol. Have to hide the laugh reading that in work

You cannot use a serving officer to supply a reference pal.

Vetting takes time and worry is the loneliest of emotions, I can sympathise in many ways but trust... relax! It will come.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

ktrsd wrote: »
    Does anyone know if results of SMT are issued by email or by post?
    Email bud

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Eddie Bunco

Evening.

Does anyone know if we sign up (& start paying) with the Federation at the start or end of GV?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

The start chief

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Loremaster Teclis

Evening.  

Does anyone know if we sign up (& start paying) with the Federation at the start or end of GV?
    Does anyone know how much membership is per month? Or Annually?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

You can opt in at any time. Been a while since I bothered checking it but last I remember it's around £20 a month. It gives you some good perks though such as legal representation should you ever need it, and phone and travel insurance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

I think you can choose to pay for it in one go but why would you, you get tax relief on it as it comes out of payroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Newbie1710

Hey havent been following this for a while. Any update on anyone lower than 64 getting PCA date??

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭NemesisEejit

Phone insurance for when you have to swim out to rescue an upstanding citizen with an aversion to flashing blue lights from a river when they belatedly remember they can't swim.
    Travel insurance? Sure we won't be going on any holidays for a few years by the sounds of this overtime malarkey.
    With folks attending PCA appointments and medicals, have any of you changed anything re security? We are probably the weakest "legitimate targets" available. No training, no guns. I changed one particular thing in February because I would really rather not win a Darwin Award. At least not this early on ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

Newbie1710 wrote: »
    Hey havent been following this for a while. Any update on anyone lower than 64 getting PCA date??

Answer is no but I think there is still people above 64 still no pca date

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

Anyone else getting jitters about possible "call" in June?

Is it wishful thinking? I’ve passed everything now but would like that final call just to cement it and make it real. Fingers crossed mate they do come in June, it would make sense with them having down the fast tracking etc

With folks attending PCA appointments and medicals, have any of you changed anything re security? We are probably the weakest "legitimate targets" available. No training, no guns. I changed one particular thing in February because I would really rather not win a Darwin Award. At least not this early on ;)[/quote]

Yes... No point making things easier for those that see folk as a target.

Faugha wrote: »

Is it wishful thinking? I’ve passed everything now but would like that final call just to cement it and make it real. Fingers crossed mate they do come in June, it would make sense with them having down the fast tracking etc

For Aug start hopefully a June call to give the proper 6weeks+ notice. But who knows!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

For Aug start hopefully a June call to give the proper 6weeks+ notice. But who knows!

Don’t know how youse fast trackers are coping with waiting for the call. I keep checking the boards to see if anyone has got a call yet lol. Exciting times :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 FreshStart2018

Buzzing now...just received vetting clearance email. Just SMT results outstanding...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Buzzing now...just received vetting clearance email. Just SMT results outstanding...
    Great news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Finally got a reply to my first FOI !!! :D:D

Subject: 
    PSNI Recruitment Campaign 1710 

Request and Answer: 

Your request for information has now been considered. In respect of Section 1(1)(a) of the Act I can 
    confirm that the Police Service of Northern Ireland does hold information to which your request 
    relates.  The decision has been taken to disclose the following. 

Request 1 
    What is the total number of applications received for the 1710 Recruitment Campaign? 

Answer 
    The PSNI received 7696 applications for the 1710 Recruitment Campaign. 

Request 2 
    Of this total number, how many passed the IST stage? 

Answer 
    2405 candidates passed the IST stage of the Recruitment process. 

Request 3 
    With regards to some candidates being brought forward to vetting, PCA and Medical before the 
    Assessment Centre results. How many candidates have advanced on to these stages? 

Answer 
    252 candidates are currently being processed through the PSNI Managed Stages of the Recruitment 
    process.  

Request 4 
    When is the first intake of Recruits from 1710 expected to start Training as Student Officers in the 
    Police College Garnerville? 

Answer 
    It is anticipated that the next Student Officer Training Course will commence in August 2018.  

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/473056/response/1169552/attach/html/3/00744 PSNI Recruitment Campaign 1710.pdf.html

NiK9 wrote: »

Subject: 

Request and Answer: 

Your request for information has now been considered. In respect of Section 1(1)(a) of the Act I can 
    confirm that the Police Service of Northern Ireland does hold information to which your request 

Request 1 
    What is the total number of applications received for the 1710 Recruitment Campaign? 

Answer 

Request 2 

Answer 

Request 3 
    With regards to some candidates being brought forward to vetting, PCA and Medical before the 
    Assessment Centre results. How many candidates have advanced on to these stages? 

Answer 
    252 candidates are currently being processed through the PSNI Managed Stages of the Recruitment 
    process.  

Request 4 
    When is the first intake of Recruits from 1710 expected to start Training as Student Officers in the 

Answer 
    It is anticipated that the next Student Officer Training Course will commence in August 2018.  

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/473056/response/1169552/attach/html/3/00744 PSNI Recruitment Campaign 1710.pdf.html

Your a total legend mate. So 252 of us, any ideas how many are in a class? I’m thinking your cigs are in motion working out start dates now.

Subject: 

Request and Answer: 

Request 1 

Answer 

Request 2 

Answer 

Request 3 

Answer 
    process.  

Request 4 

Answer 

Unreal mate, you done very well. That's it put to bed then, August it is. Hoping I see some of you folks then!

Subject: 

Request and Answer: 

Request 1 

Answer 

Request 2 

Answer 

Request 3 

Answer 
    process.  

Request 4 

Answer 

Makes for interesting reading. Didn't think so many were fast tracked but obviously people will fall out at the various stages for one reason or another so you could probably reduce that 250 odd to 150-200

Rossco22 wrote: »

Subject: 

Request and Answer: 

Request 1 

Answer 

Request 2 

Answer 

Request 3 

Answer 
    process.  

Request 4 

Answer 

Unreal mate, you done very well. That's it put to bed then, August it is. Hoping I see some of you folks then!

Yes mate hopefully see you there. Just curious how many per intake and how frequent are intakes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

Wonder how many passed AC?

Nap702 wrote: »
    Wonder how many passed AC?
    They won't even know yet I'd say

• Advertisement

Rossco22 wrote: »

Subject: 

Request and Answer: 

Request 1 

Answer 

Request 2 

Answer 

Request 3 

Answer 
    process.  

Request 4 

Answer 

Yes mate hopefully see you there. Just curious how many per intake and how frequent are intakes?
    Was thinking the same thing, If first intake is August when can we expect 2nd intake to be?

Advertisement