Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

True I didn't think that one through lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

**** just got real(er).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

51 max per squad a previous FoI has stated.

So that gives a rough idea that there will be squads.

Aug
    Sept
    Oct
    Nov
    Dec

From fast trackers alone.

Oh this campaign will be cleared by June 2019...

Jan+ will likely be main body.

Potentially earlier for top scorers from main body due to inevitable PCA, vetting and medical fails from fast trackers.

Hats off to you Ladies and Gents

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Aug
    Sept
    Oct
    Nov
    Dec

What are you getting at Banterbus? Help me read between the lines. If this campaign will be cleared by June 19 does that indicate a new campaign will commence later this year?

ML515 wrote: »

Aug
    Sept
    Oct
    Nov
    Dec

What are you getting at Banterbus? Help me read between the lines. If this campaign will be cleared by June 19 does that indicate a new campaign will commence later this year?

I edited post.

PSNI have alluded to an Autumn 2018 campaign.

I suspect 1710 will be to bolster ranks and fill gaps.

Autumn 2018 campaign will just drip feed Garnerville.

They will pick off it as needed.

• Advertisement

Autumn 2018 campaign is pure speculation on my part but it makes sense.

However the 1710 projection I highlighted seems to be a well grounded hypothesis based on the evidence presented to date.

Be interesting to see score breakdowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Adam West

There must have been a lot more people scoring in the higher brackets compared to the 1509 campaign. Guess I can give up my hopes of starting before xmas.

Adam West wrote: »
    There must have been a lot more people scoring in the higher brackets compared to the 1509 campaign. Guess I can give up my hopes of starting before xmas.

If you are fresh outta school/uni just smash the agency work. No notice periods required. 😎

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭stm1

So 252 scored over 64 plus those in that bracket that weren't fast tracked. That's a huge number. It really doesn't look so good for those of us under 60 now. I just can't understand why they set the pass mark at 50. An autumn recruitment may as well be considered a dear John.

stm1 wrote: »
    So 252 scored over 64 plus those in that bracket that weren't fast tracked. That's a huge number. It really doesn't look so good for those of us under 60 now. I just can't understand why they set the pass mark at 50. An autumn recruitment may as well be considered a dear John.

51 x 6 = 300+ after fast trackers are cleard Jan 2019 onwards

• Advertisement

I think they will clear this list then keep 2018 active for a couple of years and take from it what they cam afford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Adam West wrote: »

It is quite the opposite mate. 759 candidates passed AC above the score of 60 in 1509.

Considering 252 have been fast tracked and down to scores of almost 63 already this year. (Give or take those above 64 not contacted yet)

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/candidates_that_passed_the_asses#incoming-803043

I think they will clear this list then keep 2018 active for a couple of years and take from it what they cam afford

Who knows though? Wasn’t the chief con asking for more officers and equipment following Brexit? There are so many variables in play to be sure of anything right now

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

Roll on the merit list so we can put our minds and ease even a little bit and start to work out intakes from there

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

So people who scored below 60 don't have much of a chance banterbus28

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Recruit 6 wrote: »

I really don't think that's what he said mate. Let's be real here, we are purely speculating about how the campaign will be treated once/if a new one starts in the autumn.

If we assume they do start a campaign; like this one, it'll be August next year before anyone would probably be ready to start from that campaign so there are potentially 12 months of this campaign to go through before they can consider scraping the merit list but again, that's speculation and assumptions.

How did you come to that conclusion?

Re-read my posts on previous page. My hypothesis is exactly the opposite of that statement...

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

How did you come to that conclusion?

Re-read my posts on previous page. My hypothesis is exactly the opposite of that statement...
    Haha probably was half sleeping when I read it . So you believe the will take everyone who is appointable in 1710 and if they run another one in autumn it will be just to keep garniville going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Tom_90

Guys you know what they say about assumptions.....

We just have to wait it out and see what happens. The truth is no one knows or can guess what’s going to happen with us. We just have to wait it out and try and get on with our lives in the time being!

Tom_90 wrote: »
    Guys you know what they say about assumptions.....

We just have to wait it out and see what happens. The truth is no one knows or can guess what’s going to happen with us. We just have to wait it out and try and get on with our lives in the time being!

Hemce why it is all speculation.

But they defs could clear 1710 in a year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Waiting88

We aren’t taking into consideration people fast tracked could have failed pca ect so December group could be non fast tracked also

Waiting88 wrote: »
    We aren’t taking into consideration people fast tracked could have failed pca ect so December group could be non fast tracked also
    Exactly I said as much. I'm fast tracked and I know that doesn't guarantee a thing. So many stages we could still fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Scammy21

Hi guys, random question

Obviously first 2 years in the police you are on probation. Does anyone know if this affects your ability to get a mortgage? Need a house in the next 12 months and wondering if successul would it be better to go now and get it sorted before changing careers

Scammy21 wrote: »
    Hi guys, random question

Obviously first 2 years in the police you are on probation. Does anyone know if this affects your ability to get a mortgage? Need a house in the next 12 months and wondering if successul would it be better to go now and get it sorted before changing careers

I'm no expert in that field but a lot of the decision making is common sense stuff when it comes to mortgages. It is affected by your income and how steady it is, how much it is..... How much of it is left after your monthly expenditure at present and how that would be affected by subsequent household expenses after you've moved into a house.

If you are earning similar to a police salary at present and have been steady in that job for a few years, I'd say do it now but equally, one bank could see your new job title and think that's a steady income, another could see it as high risk.

Tldr if you can do it now but you don't know where you'll be stationed or whether you'll actually get it at this stage.

Hi guys, random question

First 3 years now...

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

Hi guys, random question

First 3 years now...

First 2 years probation then 1 further year in response before you can apply to other posts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

Hi guys, random question

First 3 years now...

First 2 years probation then 1 further year in response before you can apply to other posts?

Technically yes, but not all roles require the extra year anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 EndlessRiver

HEY! so Iv been lurking on the boards since August, only now have I decided to post. Well done to EVERYONE who has gotten through! All this talk of merit lists and waiting... oh so much waiting to be done, I personally have bought a few books to keep myself occupied for the long run! I like the idea of the 1710 list being exhausted, however only time will tell and speculation will only raise the heart rate! I hope everyone is well and enjoying the great weather we are having!

HEY! so Iv been lurking on the boards since August, only now have I decided to post. Well done to EVERYONE who has gotten through! All this talk of merit lists and waiting... oh so much waiting to be done, I personally have bought a few books to keep myself occupied for the long run! I like the idea of the 1710 list being exhausted, however only time will tell and speculation will only raise the heart rate! I hope everyone is well and enjoying the great weather we are having!

Welcome

• Advertisement

How did you get on in ac by the way?

Advertisement