Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 EndlessRiver

HEY! so Iv been lurking on the boards since August, only now have I decided to post. Well done to EVERYONE who has gotten through! All this talk of merit lists and waiting... oh so much waiting to be done, I personally have bought a few books to keep myself occupied for the long run! I like the idea of the 1710 list being exhausted, however only time will tell and speculation will only raise the heart rate! I hope everyone is well and enjoying the great weather we are having!

How did you get on in ac by the way?

The A/C went better than I thought! As it was my first A/C for any job, I went in not knowing what to expect, sweaty palms and nervous writing etc. I settled down and gathered my thoughts I was then able to catch on to the scenario. My handwriting was TERRIBLE! It’s that of a 5yr old at the best of times due to an injury I sustained as a child. However that day my own writing surprised me! Fair play to whoever marked my work because I couldn’t even read it! HAHAHA in my head i was preparing for the next campaign and it really got me down that I could let myself down like that after working so hard to get myself back to a standard where I can sit an exam of sorts.(i have been in a manual job for the last 6 years and my literacy is very much out of practice). Once I opened that email on results day my heart sank and I felt a childish rush of excitement, joy and pride overcome me! I had passed and higher then I thought I would have. I don’t wish to talk about scores, I still know in my heart that if I had have relaxed and paced myself i wouldn’t have lost as many marks with the writing, reflecting on the scores provided in the email for each unit its evident that the hand written tasks were my weakest point!

How about you? How did you get on? I personally cannot talk with anyone in my close circle about my application so I don’t know how anyone has found it. I applied in 1509 and got through to the A/C but after talking with my family I was foolishly convinced to drop out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

HEY! so Iv been lurking on the boards since August, only now have I decided to post. Well done to EVERYONE who has gotten through! All this talk of merit lists and waiting... oh so much waiting to be done, I personally have bought a few books to keep myself occupied for the long run! I like the idea of the 1710 list being exhausted, however only time will tell and speculation will only raise the heart rate! I hope everyone is well and enjoying the great weather we are having!

The A/C went better than I thought! As it was my first A/C for any job, I went in not knowing what to expect, sweaty palms and nervous writing etc. I settled down and gathered my thoughts I was then able to catch on to the scenario. My handwriting was TERRIBLE! It’s that of a 5yr old at the best of times due to an injury I sustained as a child. However that day my own writing surprised me! Fair play to whoever marked my work because I couldn’t even read it! HAHAHA in my head i was preparing for the next campaign and it really got me down that I could let myself down like that after working so hard to get myself back to a standard where I can sit an exam of sorts.(i have been in a manual job for the last 6 years and my literacy is very much out of practice). Once I opened that email on results day my heart sank and I felt a childish rush of excitement, joy and pride overcome me! I had passed and higher then I thought I would have. I don’t wish to talk about scores, I still know in my heart that if I had have relaxed and paced myself i wouldn’t have lost as many marks with the writing, reflecting on the scores provided in the email for each unit its evident that the hand written tasks were my weakest point!

How about you? How did you get on? I personally cannot talk with anyone in my close circle about my application so I don’t know how anyone has found it. I applied in 1509 and got through to the A/C but after talking with my family I was foolishly convinced to drop out.

Well done in getting this far fella or (female equivalent of fella). I'm at the lower end of the fast tracked ones score wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

Well done on your recent success and let’s hope it continues. Nothing wrong with your written communication skills anyway as I think you summed up the feelings many of us had perfectly.

Follow your dream job and dint be put off by anyone, you’ll be the example to your loved ones and win hearts and minds eventually.

Wishing you every continued success

Well done in getting this far fella or (female equivalent of fella). I'm at the lower end of the fast tracked ones score wise.

I’m a fella! And thank you, very well done to you for getting on the fast track, I’m sure there are a lot of envious people that cover your sucess! What was the lowest fast tracked score, do you know? I wish you all the best with it! Maybe I’ll be calling apon you for the next A/C!

Faugha wrote: »

Well done on your recent success and let’s hope it continues. Nothing wrong with your written communication skills anyway as I think you summed up the feelings many of us had perfectly.

Follow your dream job and dint be put off by anyone, you’ll be the example to your loved ones and win hearts and minds eventually.

Wishing you every continued success

Thanks! The face to face communication parts are the bits that saved me to be fair! I just got rather nervous and it weirdly affected my handwriting massively! Anyway! Onwards and upwards.

As for family and loved one... let’s just say they won’t come round to the idea!

My dreams come first and I refuse to let narrow minded, past dwelling people stop me from doing what I desire, things will never change if people don’t step up and shape a new society for future generations by going against the norms of the past.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

I’m a fella! And thank you, very well done to you for getting on the fast track, I’m sure there are a lot of envious people that cover your sucess! What was the lowest fast tracked score, do you know? I wish you all the best with it! Maybe I’ll be calling apon you for the next A/C!

Don't read too much into the "if you weren't fast tracked you'll not get in" speculation mate. We really don't know what's happening yet.

Certainly most of us will throw the hat in the ring for the next campaign regardless due to the uncertainty until we know more. I'd say even the fast tracked ones who haven't got a call at that stage will fire in an application just to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Same. There are some foolish people that if they knew, they would like to make an example out of me. In fact, I know certain subversive elements would make me no.1 target. Would be a huge propaganda coup for them. I can't say anymore than that. I could have applied years ago but it's only in the last few years I've told myself that I can live by being dictated to by others. Stick it out.

Don't read too much into the "if you weren't fast tracked you'll not get in" speculation mate. We really don't know what's happening yet.

Certainly most of us will throw the hat in the ring for the next campaign regardless due to the uncertainty until we know more. I'd say even the fast tracked ones who haven't got a call at that stage will fire in an application just to be on the safe side.

Hey! I’m not envious myself, I can see that some people would be, I myself am open minded to the whole thing and agree completely that only time will tell! All I can say is WOOO Deloitte stages are over! Hahaha hopefully things will speed up a bit now were cooking on gas!
    I myself am in no rush to make major changes in life at the moment, I will take it as it comes, I’m just here to finally talk to others in my shoes and (hopefully) have a few laughs whilst I do.

ML515 wrote: »

Same. There are some foolish people that if they knew, they would like to make an example out of me. In fact, I know certain subversive elements would make me no.1 target. Would be a huge propaganda coup for them. I can't say anymore than that. I could have applied years ago but it's only in the last few years I've told myself that I can live by being dictated to by others. Stick it out.

I hear you loud and clear! I recently made the mental decision to forget about the people close to me and go for it. We’re not so different you and I.... Hahahaha in an ideal world I’ll make you a cup of tea at GV and we can laugh about it all.... chance would be a fine thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Adam West

I'm looking forward to the day we can all look back at this waiting sh*te and laugh

• Advertisement

Adam West wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the day we can all look back at this waiting sh*te and laugh

I think this ****e will be wee buns compared to the real ****e we would have to deal with out on the beat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

It will come. Every now and then I flick back through the old threads when I was waiting too! Patience is the key

I think this ****e will be wee buns compared to the real ****e we would have to deal with out on the beat!

Maybe we can look back and laugh at this ****e whilst dealing with the future ****e? Then we can all bond over how much ****e we have trekked through. I joke I’m up for dealing with anything this throws at me, just glad The feelings of impatience and frustration of being kept in the dark are mutual. Yet on the other hand I don’t mind waiting because I could be waiting for an undesirable outcome... sooooo I am going to sit comfortably oblivious to my future! Hahaha

Who’s up for going to the Winchester, grabbing a pint and waiting for this all to blow over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Aye_Chihuahua

Maybe we can look back and laugh at this ****e whilst dealing with the future ****e? Then we can all bond over how much ****e we have trekked through. I joke I’m up for dealing with anything this throws at me, just glad The feelings of impatience and frustration of being kept in the dark are mutual. Yet on the other hand I don’t mind waiting because I could be waiting for an undesirable outcome... sooooo I am going to sit comfortably oblivious to my future! Hahaha

Who’s up for going to the Winchester, grabbing a pint and waiting for this all to blow over?

Maybe after my physical lol. I need to be able to go in a straight line at that point lol

Maybe after my physical lol. I need to be able to go in a straight line at that point lol

OK you can have a spirit then lmao, less calories! How are you getting on with your training?

OK you can have a spirit then lmao, less calories! How are you getting on with your training?

Grand mate. I always was training but stepped it up recently doing a 12 week boot camp in gym to get in better shape. The winner of the boot camp (best measurable improvement) wins a grand so that's motivation in itself.

Grand mate. I always was training but stepped it up recently doing a 12 week boot camp in gym to get in better shape. The winner of the boot camp (best measurable improvement) wins a grand so that's motivation in itself.

If you need anyone to follow you in a car shouting motivational quotes out the window and passing you water I’ll do it for a small fee of £500, £250 if I can eat burgers whilst I do it!

Only if you're playing the rocky theme on loop.

Only if you're playing the rocky theme on loop.
    I was thinking more of a paul engemann push it to the limit thing.. but that’s ok, service delivery and all that so I’ll make a mix tape!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

Why do you want this campaign to be exhausted if you don't mind me asking

• Advertisement

Recruit 6 wrote: »

Personally I think everyone who gets onto the final merit list deserves to be appointed at some stage, be it at the time of recruitment completion or next year. when I say list I am referring to the final merit list of people to be appointed and not the campaign as such. Would you not agree that it’s unfortunate that there is always a possibility (not certain) that the remaining candidates from said list may be throw out in favour of fresh heads? That’s all I wish to say on the matter of merit lists and people waiting, some people are sensitive about things that involve their future and their ambitions and it is insensitive to speculate on some things that may leave them feeling upset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Recruit 6 wrote: »

Personally I think everyone who gets onto the final merit list deserves to be appointed at some stage, be it at the time of recruitment completion or next year. when I say list I am referring to the final merit list of people to be appointed and not the campaign as such. Would you not agree that it’s unfortunate that there is always a possibility (not certain) that the remaining candidates from said list may be throw out in favour of fresh heads? That’s all I wish to say on the matter of merit lists and people waiting, some people are sensitive about things that involve their future and their ambitions and it is insensitive to speculate on some things that may leave them feeling upset.

I don't mean to annoy anyone but this is a discussion board. We are all speculatimg, if said speculations upsets you then maybe ignore it.

At the end of the day we all want the same thing. Personally i don't care when it happens as long as it does happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Gee2

stm1 wrote: »
    So 252 scored over 64 plus those in that bracket that weren't fast tracked. That's a huge number. It really doesn't look so good for those of us under 60 now. I just can't understand why they set the pass mark at 50. An autumn recruitment may as well be considered a dear John.

51 x 6 = 300+ after fast trackers are cleard Jan 2019 onwards

I was reliable informed at the weekend that over a worth of those fast tracked never completed their online training, so therefore are no longer in the game. Every little helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Gee2

Gee2 wrote: »
    So 252 scored over 64 plus those in that bracket that weren't fast tracked. That's a huge number. It really doesn't look so good for those of us under 60 now. I just can't understand why they set the pass mark at 50. An autumn recruitment may as well be considered a dear John.

I was reliable informed at the weekend that over a squad W orth of those fast tracked never completed their online training, so therefore are no longer in the game. Every little helps.

Missing text above.

I was reliable informed at the weekend that over a worth of those fast tracked never completed their online training, so therefore are no longer in the game. Every little helps.

Even tastier. For those that want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ktrsd

Do you mean "a fourth"?

That seems really high for so many who did so much to get so far!

If you don't complete online learning are you binned?

If so hehehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ktrsd

If so hehehehe
    Yeah. Wonder if people didn't read the email properly. You would be fuming with yourself.

They had four weeks to complete it. Some may have simply forgotten. Its worth saying of my batch on online learning emails the date for submission of your certificate of participation was wrong. That There was a follow up email with different details. That’s another thing. I also suspect they thought completing the OU course was enough on their OU account. They may not have realised they needed to wait 24 hours for a participation cert back from
    the OU to be emailed back to recruitment.

FYI I don’t think this was a PSNI specific course, anyone could do it. It was very generalist.

• Advertisement

ktrsd wrote: »

If so hehehehe
    Yeah. Wonder if people didn't read the email properly. You would be fuming with yourself.

Nah they want to go into a job were attention means the difference between some scumbag going free and them being convicted. Should have read the email. If disqualed for not completing online learning, they have no one to blame but themselves.

More places for you guys to fill.

Advertisement