Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Between 600-650 for me. No mention of recruiting up to march on my email. Looks like I’ll still be on the list this time next year lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

Slatprh wrote: »
    Recruit 6 wrote: »
    Waiting88 wrote: »
    People who just got pca emails what bracket are you in?
    I am in 50 to 55 wby
    So you should be in the 700 region in merit list? that’s a huge jump for already getting your PCA date.
    I haven't got my pca date yet , have you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

ML515 wrote: »
    Arniez12 wrote: »
    Where are people getting the March 2019 date from? Slightly concerned about that sitting 470-480 and that would be cutting it tight 😬

Read back your merit list email

Police Recruitment continue to process your application at this time and it is planned that the first course from this campaign will commence training in August 2018 with regular courses anticipated until March 2019.

My email doesnt say anything about dates, so each bracket must have got different emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Millar99

Hi Everyone, havent posted on here yet but have been lurking the whole time! Got an email regarding the merit list and i placed around 700. On the one hand i'm nervous that it's quite a high number but on the other hand, the wording of the email indicates that everyone is going to get a shot at the rest of the stages and I cant see them putting us all through the whole process to tell us there's no job at the end of it.
    Remaining ever optimistic lol!

Good luck to everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Arniez12

ML515 wrote: »
    Where are people getting the March 2019 date from? Slightly concerned about that sitting 470-480 and that would be cutting it tight 😬

Read back your merit list email

Police Recruitment continue to process your application at this time and it is planned that the first course from this campaign will commence training in August 2018 with regular courses anticipated until March 2019.

Mine didn’t say that. Just said “will keep you updated as the appointments process progresses regarding the psni stages which will be determined by operational demand”
    May be different for those higher on the list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

Did you read the email?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Arniez12

Faugha wrote: »

Did you read the email?

Different emails sent out to different brackets it’s seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Gee2

Joceyjoe wrote: »
    Between 600-650 for me. No mention of recruiting up to march on my email. Looks like I’ll still be on the list this time next year lol.
    My email didn’t mention dates either. Just you are in the bracket next to be progressed.

Faugha wrote: »

Did you read the email?

There must have been different emails depending where you placed

• Registered Users Posts: 26 doncop

Well done everyone. Brilliant how quick this campaigns going! I placed in the low 400s dont know how likely it is id actually get in given their original targeted number of recruits. Suppose we may just keep hoping lol!!

• Advertisement

Well done everyone. Brilliant how quick this campaigns going! I placed in the low 400s dont know how likely it is id actually get in given their original targeted number of recruits. Suppose we may just keep hoping lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JECornette

I’m in the 250-300 bracket and have received PCA date as well. No mention of dates in mine either. Well done everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

@Adam west you arnt the only one it's weird that

doncop wrote: »

Wonder how many people usually fail the next stages. You could be called quicker than you’d think

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

Just got home from training and checked my emails, placed top 15, delighted!! Notice getting typed up as we speak haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

3/10 people fail the PCA. So there is 30% before the medical... learning... vetting... 400+ stand a realistic chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

Rossco22 wrote: »
    Just got home from training and checked my emails, placed top 15, delighted!! Notice getting typed up as we speak haha!

Fantastic result!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RDC1234

Hi guys just new on this scored 550-600. Is it true that he 1st 240 have been processed?

Joceyjoe wrote: »
    doncop wrote: »

Wonder how many people usually fail the next stages. You could be called quicker than you’d think

Yeah its hard to say! Better to just keep preparing and staying ready bud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Adam West wrote: »
    Nap702 wrote: »
    Here something to think about. I got my PCA date today and I am 280-300. My PCA July so in theory I should be appointed before January?

I'm slightly higher than you and haven't gotten a PCA date. Should I be worried?

Yup I checked the spam folder

I would send them an email stating you are aware others below you on the merit list have progressed to PCA with dates etc and just confirm reasoning.

They said candidates will be progressed to the psni stages in merit order and that's obviously not happening for some folk for what ever reason. I would be chasing an explanation if it were me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

Here something to think about. I got my PCA date today and I am 280-300. My PCA July so in theory I should be appointed before January?

I'm slightly higher than you and haven't gotten a PCA date. Should I be worried?

I’m in the same boat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

I would send them an email stating you are aware others below you on the merit list have progressed to PCA with dates etc and just confirm reasoning.

They said candidates will be progressed to the psni stages in merit order and that's obviously not happening for some folk for what ever reason. I would be chasing an explanation if it were me.
    Sage like advice Murphy!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Anni123

I’m in the same boat

Me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 maybecop18

Got my PCA date today.
    For those who have already done it, is the familiarisation day worthwhile going too???

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jalis

Came 852nd, somewhat disappointed. Ah well, I'm remaining hopeful. And I'll always have the experience for next time to score a better mark!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

maybecop18 wrote: »
    Got my PCA date today.
    For those who have already done it, is the familiarisation day worthwhile going too???
    Yes make sure and go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

RDC1234 wrote: »
    Hi guys just new on this scored 550-600. Is it true that he 1st 240 have been processed?
    No one knows how many have passed certain stages. And FOI are taking around 2 months so not even worth asking because by time they are answered they will be well outdated.

Is anyone else surprised how many people are on the merit list? I thought it would be around 800 at the most

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

Sitting in the in low 800s may just withdraw now can't see getting any chance now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭TW2017

over half of the people on the merit list scored between 50-57.5%

Advertisement