Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

Rossco22 wrote: »
    Just got home from training and checked my emails, placed top 15, delighted!! Notice getting typed up as we speak haha!

Excellent score mate. Just over 30 myself so should be meeting you soon - notice going in once we get a start date but I’m upping the training now

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Adam West

Just got the PCA date email there. Happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

TW2017 wrote: »
    over half of the people on the merit list scored between 50-57.5%
    Where you getting that figure from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

maybecop18 wrote: »
    Got my PCA date today.
    For those who have already done it, is the familiarisation day worthwhile going too???

I flew from scotland for it. If you want it you'll take any opportunity that's offered on a plate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Recruit 6 wrote: »
    Sitting in the in low 800s may just withdraw now can't see getting any chance now

Just stay on the list sure it’ll make no difference to you, and if you get called, won’t you be glad you did :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Got my PCA date today.
    For those who have already done it, is the familiarisation day worthwhile going too???

Yes don’t miss it! Visualisation is so important. It will give you the chance to almost “walk” a lap, where to park, all those we things that allow you to calm down so you don’t feel rattled.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

Joceyjoe wrote: »
    Sitting in the in low 800s may just withdraw now can't see getting any chance now

Just stay on the list sure it’ll make no difference to you, and if you get called, won’t you be glad you did :)
    It's sole destroying as it's the job I have always wanted I just can't see me getting a crack at the psni managed stages let alone college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

Does anyone know if you need to confirm for the familiarisation day?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Belroo99

I'm placed in the 50s and have passed all stages, the email I got advises that they "continue to process your application at this time". Is this the standard wording everyone has got?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Yes you need to confirm both. I didn't confirm the familiarisation and they called me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Slatprh

Belroo99 wrote: »
    I'm placed in the 50s and have passed all stages, the email I got advises that they "continue to process your application at this time". Is this the standard wording everyone has got?
    Nope, i got the following;
    "Please note that your merit position will not change during the lifespan of the recruitment campaign, however, in order to be appointed, candidates must have successfully completed all 5 stages of the process:  Physical Competence Assessment, Vetting, Medical, Substances Misuse Test and Online Learning.

Please be advised that applications will be processed through the remaining stages, in batches, according to merit position.  We are currently progressing those applicants who performed to the highest standard at the assessment centre, however we will keep you updated as the appointments process progresses regarding the PSNI managed stages which will be determined by operational demand."

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

Yes it says so on the email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

NiK9 wrote: »
    Yes you need to confirm both. I didn't confirm the familiarisation and they called me.
    Faugha wrote: »

Yes it says so on the email

From what I read it just said to confirm pca but I’ll send another

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jalis

It's sole destroying as it's the job I have always wanted I just can't see me getting a crack at the psni managed stages let alone college
    I believe you get three shots at applying though? It was my understanding. You will likely score higher on your further attempts due to the experience you have gained.

Jalis wrote: »

I believe you get three shots at applying though? It was my understanding. You will likely score higher on your further attempts due to the experience you have gained.
    I don't think there is a limit on how many times you apply but i dont know how it will go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Arniez12

Anyone any idea what the March 2019 figure means? Reckon that’s how long this merit list will last for

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Slatprh

Arniez12 wrote: »
    Anyone any idea what the March 2019 figure means? Reckon that’s how long this merit list will last for
    Most likely means they will process classes till that date because the funding runs April/April

So no more 1710 after that date? Or are they just stating what they can fund with current budget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SuperFrank8

First time posting on here. Sitting around 350 on the merit list and got date for PCA today. Just wondering if any fast trackers know when the vetting process will start? Will it start straight away, or will it be after the PCA has been completed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

Are classes run parallel to each other? Say a class starts August 1st, is it feasible to say another class may start in th sniffle of August and so on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 maybecop18

Got my PCA date today.

I flew from scotland for it. If you want it you'll take any opportunity that's offered on a plate.

Thanks guys.
    Also are there showering and changing facilities at the PCA or is it go home stinkin club???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭TW2017

NiK9 wrote: »
    TW2017 wrote: »
    over half of the people on the merit list scored between 50-57.5%
    Where you getting that figure from.

Based on my own score and merit list position ðŸ‘ðŸ»ðŸ™‚

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JECornette

If it’s anything like 1509 they’ll exhaust the entire list :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RDC1234

First time posting on here. Sitting around 350 on the merit list and got date for PCA today. Just wondering if any fast trackers know when the vetting process will start? Will it start straight away, or will it be after the PCA has been completed?

What date is your PCA. Im in the 550-600 bracket and was just wondering how far away mine if one would be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭stm1

Can we get a rough idea when your PCA is?

....i better get training. I'm not far behind you on the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SuperFrank8

RDC1234 wrote: »

What date is your PCA. Im in the 550-600 bracket and was just wondering how far away mine if one would be

PCA is in 4 weeks so I would say you shouldn’t be too far behind

JECornette wrote: »

Don’t think they’ll exhaust the list would take them over a year and a half (if everyone on the list went through)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Gee2

PCA date in the bag.

Today’s activity definitely sneaked up unexpectedly. Wasn’t expecting to hear much until August time at earliest.

Don’t think they’ll exhaust the list would take them over a year and a half (if everyone on the list went through)
    I know someone from 1509 and it took him a year an half to get to garniville I hope they do exhaust the list as people have tries so hard . I will fight tooth and nail until I get my place at college

• Advertisement

I know someone from 1509 and it took him a year an half to get to garniville I hope they do exhaust the list as people have tries so hard . I will fight tooth and nail until I get my place at college

Feel the same bud. Although 1509 was different as they had much longer to exhaust the list, 1509 are still the most recent entrants I tim GV and it’s half way through 2018! IF autumn recruitment goes ahead the list will become active around the same time next year (may/June) even if they get get 12 months of squads in from August that’s 612 people...and the list consists of 1052.

Advertisement