Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

First time posting on here. Sitting around 350 on the merit list and got date for PCA today. Just wondering if any fast trackers know when the vetting process will start? Will it start straight away, or will it be after the PCA has been completed?

Think it kicked in once PCA was passed

First time posting on here. Sitting around 350 on the merit list and got date for PCA today. Just wondering if any fast trackers know when the vetting process will start? Will it start straight away, or will it be after the PCA has been completed?

Think it kicked in once PCA was passed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Arniez12 wrote: »
    Recruit 6 wrote: »
    JECornette wrote: »
    Joceyjoe wrote: »
    Sitting in the in low 800s may just withdraw now can't see getting any chance now

Just stay on the list sure it’ll make no difference to you, and if you get called, won’t you be glad you did :)

It's sole destroying as it's the job I have always wanted I just can't see me getting a crack at the psni managed stages let alone college

If it’s anything like 1509 they’ll exhaust the entire list :)

Don’t think they’ll exhaust the list would take them over a year and a half (if everyone on the list went through)
    I know someone from 1509 and it took him a year an half to get to garniville I hope they do exhaust the list as people have tries so hard . I will fight tooth and nail until I get my place at college

Feel the same bud. Although 1509 was different as they had much longer to exhaust the list, 1509 are still the most recent entrants I tim GV and it’s half way through 2018! IF autumn recruitment goes ahead the list will become active around the same time next year (may/June) even if they get get 12 months of squads in from August that’s 612 people...and the list consists of 1052.

Not all 1052 will pass pca or medical etc. We might not pass them you never know lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Arniez12

JECornette wrote: »
    Sitting in the in low 800s may just withdraw now can't see getting any chance now

Just stay on the list sure it’ll make no difference to you, and if you get called, won’t you be glad you did :)

It's sole destroying as it's the job I have always wanted I just can't see me getting a crack at the psni managed stages let alone college

If it’s anything like 1509 they’ll exhaust the entire list :)

Don’t think they’ll exhaust the list would take them over a year and a half (if everyone on the list went through)
    I know someone from 1509 and it took him a year an half to get to garniville I hope they do exhaust the list as people have tries so hard . I will fight tooth and nail until I get my place at college

Feel the same bud. Although 1509 was different as they had much longer to exhaust the list, 1509 are still the most recent entrants I tim GV and it’s half way through 2018! IF autumn recruitment goes ahead the list will become active around the same time next year (may/June) even if they get get 12 months of squads in from August that’s 612 people...and the list consists of 1052.

Not all 1052 will pass pca or medical etc. We might not pass them you never know lol

Yea of course you’re 100%. Although just speculation regarding time frames etc

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

Hey, haven't been on here for the last few weeks but thought I would drop by after today's update. Well done everyone, particularly Nik and rossco, what an achievement :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Tom_90

I’m in the 500’s so midway. Hopefully they get to us before the list is exhausted! One step closer though! Wish I didn’t want it so badly

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

maybecop18 wrote: »
    maybecop18 wrote: »
    Got my PCA date today.
    For those who have already done it, is the familiarisation day worthwhile going too???

I flew from scotland for it. If you want it you'll take any opportunity that's offered on a plate.

Thanks guys.
    Also are there showering and changing facilities at the PCA or is it go home stinkin club???

There are changing rooms but depending on where you are on PCA alphabetical list you might not have time to shower and change before they take out the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Breezecop

Have stayed off for few weeks. Antway everything now passed and in the 1-10 merit list so looks like august

Breezecop wrote: »
    Have stayed off for few weeks. Antway everything now passed and in the 1-10 merit list so looks like august

You must be brimming ear to ear bud. Hopefully we will meet in August

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Holyballs that's effing awesome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Mal137

Me too! Couldn't believe it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Well done all having scored around 410-420 on merit list I'm hoping I'll get a place this side of Christmas but who knows. How big are the courses expected to be?

50 people roughly per class, roughly 4 weeks apart starting in August 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭TW2017

Wonder how the psni like a taste of their own waiting medicine.

#wheresthatmeritlistdeloitte

28a602d4a28e7392492b24e29f79b4ef.jpg

Oh no you didn't lol!

That was great timing yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Jalis wrote: »

I believe you get three shots at applying though? It was my understanding. You will likely score higher on your further attempts due to the experience you have gained.
    I don't think there is a limit on how many times you apply but i dont know how it will go

No limits, on my fifth attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

Goonerdee wrote: »

I believe you get three shots at applying though? It was my understanding. You will likely score higher on your further attempts due to the experience you have gained.
    I don't think there is a limit on how many times you apply but i dont know how it will go

Where are you on the merit list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

Folks, it doesn't matter where you've placed on the merit list. You've just completed one of the hardest police recruitment processes in the UK, if not Europe. Just because there's a large merit list doesn't mean that people won't still drop out. There are those who will fail PCA, medic, smt or vetting, there are also those who will discover the job isn't for them. There are also people who won't make it all the way through GV.

Carry on with your life, take the holiday, take the new job if it comes up. But don't rule out a spot in GV.

If there is a new recruitment campaign later this year, and it flows the same way as this one did, then there's still potential for over 600 candidates to make it the college. We need all the active bodies we can get at the minute and the bosses know that, so I'd be surprised to see over 200 people on a merit list being binned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Goonerdee wrote: »

Where are you on the merit list

High 600’s

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Scammy21

Scored in top 20 but wondering how long is it until the call. Have medical next week. Hope I have all that passed and out of the way and get in the first class!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Ponif

majgreen wrote: »
    Folks, it doesn't matter where you've placed on the merit list. You've just completed one of the hardest police recruitment processes in the UK, if not Europe. Just because there's a large merit list doesn't mean that people won't still drop out. There are those who will fail PCA, medic, smt or vetting, there are also those who will discover the job isn't for them. There are also people who won't make it all the way through GV.

Carry on with your life, take the holiday, take the new job if it comes up. But don't rule out a spot in GV.

If there is a new recruitment campaign later this year, and it flows the same way as this one did, then there's still potential for over 600 candidates to make it the college. We need all the active bodies we can get at the minute and the bosses know that, so I'd be surprised to see over 200 people on a merit list being binned.
    Would you say the changes to the PCA (3 month period to redo it) will affect the number of people who drop out compared to previous years, at the familiarisation just by looks alone I didn't see anyone I thought who would fail it given two chances but I know looks can be very deceiving.

Would you say the changes to the PCA (3 month period to redo it) will affect the number of people who drop out compared to previous years, at the familiarisation just by looks alone I didn't see anyone I thought who would fail it given two chances but I know looks can be very deceiving.

• Advertisement

Ponif wrote: »

It certainly makes it easier but there are still people who can't manage it. It's actually the most challenging fitness test for a UK police force.

It definitely did look and feel a lot harder than what is shown on the video, the course seems very small in the video but actually going into the hall you realise it's actually quite long.

It's very deceiving. That's why so many people fail it. It's a good test of fitness given the job role

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

You will get people who nistake discomfort for pain and don't have the mental strength to push, most people have the physical ability to do it. It's all in your head. Keep going, only stop if you pass out 😂😂😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

So there is private companies that take people for training with the intention to get them through AC state.

Anyone fancy opening our own PCA practice hall? Replicate the actual hall. We would make a killing lol

What is the lowest merit list to date that has got a pca date

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RDC1234

350 I think for PCA in July

RDC1234 wrote: »
    350 I think for PCA in July
    More less a 3rd of the way and that's only July could be surprising how quick they could go through it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

Explain that to me, going forward does the PCA pass expire after 3 months?

• Advertisement

Nap702 wrote: »

Explain that to me, going forward does the PCA pass expire after 3 months?
    If you fail the pca you have to wait 3 months to try it again

Advertisement