Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

Is it safe to post on this again after everyone came out of the woodwork over the last 36 hours?

For those who just appeared post merit list release, I'd recommend reading the prior posts from about late March onwards (except the unnecessary bickering between a few who can never get along on this lol) as you'll see what the fast track guys have posted as they did the various stages you'll now be encountering rather than everyone posting the same questions again and again.

Great advice. There is a wealth of knowledge between this thread and also the one from the last recruitment. I read every single post while I was a lurker to try to get as much knowledge as i could about the process as this is my first time applying. Although some things have changed i still found it useful :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Recruit 6 wrote: »
    ML515 wrote: »
    I don’t mean to state the obvious guys but there is a lot of people beating themselves up over their merit list number. There’s something to be said for passing the AC. By just passing you where in the top 10% roughly of total applicants. Those of you under 5-600 where almost in the top 5% of total applicants. Everyone who passed is a quality candidate. Irrespective of weather the police choose to exhaust this merit list or not, going into another campaign later this year with that in mind, your sure to get there eventually.

In reality not everyone of the 1052 are going to make it through all of the psni managed stages I would say by the time off drop outs and people who fail one if the stages numbers will be reduced to 500 to 700 people .

What's everyones opinion on that

My point is that it’s a brilliant springboard for the next campaign. I’m optimistic, not naive. Going into the next campaign, with the experience and knowledge of this one makes it far easier to redouble your efforts and push yourself across the line. There’s no point in speculating. With Brexit, anything can happen.
    What region are you in the merit list

140-50.
    So do you Think any one in the high numbers should think about the next campaign as you don't think it's possible this one

I personally think anyone who isn't currently in GV by the time the next applications come out should reapply. I know I would. Nothing to lose. There were people in 1509 who applied for 1710 and then dropped out after the IST when they got offered their spot in GV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

NiK9 wrote: »
    I don’t mean to state the obvious guys but there is a lot of people beating themselves up over their merit list number. There’s something to be said for passing the AC. By just passing you where in the top 10% roughly of total applicants. Those of you under 5-600 where almost in the top 5% of total applicants. Everyone who passed is a quality candidate. Irrespective of weather the police choose to exhaust this merit list or not, going into another campaign later this year with that in mind, your sure to get there eventually.

In reality not everyone of the 1052 are going to make it through all of the psni managed stages I would say by the time off drop outs and people who fail one if the stages numbers will be reduced to 500 to 700 people .

What's everyones opinion on that

My point is that it’s a brilliant springboard for the next campaign. I’m optimistic, not naive. Going into the next campaign, with the experience and knowledge of this one makes it far easier to redouble your efforts and push yourself across the line. There’s no point in speculating. With Brexit, anything can happen.
    What region are you in the merit list

140-50.
    So do you Think any one in the high numbers should think about the next campaign as you don't think it's possible this one

I personally think anyone who isn't currently in GV by the time the next applications come out should reapply. I know I would. Nothing to lose. There were people in 1509 who applied for 1710 and then dropped out after the IST when they got offered their spot in GV.

Definitely, if you aren’t in you can’t win!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Slatprh

Well here’s me being selfish hoping all of you don’t complete your online learning or fail your PCA :D I’ll be giving out free pizza slices at my PCA session.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Good luck to all those with their pca next week. Those hard sessions in the gym and running will pay off guys and girls!

Think I'll head out after it for a sneaky coffee and a bun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Slo18

Does anyone know how many weeks apart squads start GV?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Slo18 wrote: »
    4/5

4/5

Brill. Thank you. Fingers crossed I get through the pca then I can roughy work out a potential month for starting.

4/5

Brill. Thank you. Fingers crossed I get through the pca then I can roughy work out a potential month for starting.

It'll come down to how long your vetting takes to come through mate. For some it's lightning fast, for others (for any reason) it md take ages you know.

4/5

It'll come down to how long your vetting takes to come through mate. For some it's lightning fast, for others (for any reason) it md take ages you know.

Ahh yes I am aware of that. Fingers crossed it shouldn’t take too long. Well hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Tom_90

So the remaining stages are PCA, Medical and SMT in that order? Once the PCA is completed how long is it until the medical and is the SMT at the same time as the medical?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Gee2

Tom_90 wrote: »
    So the remaining stages are PCA, Medical and SMT in that order? Once the PCA is completed how long is it until the medical and is the SMT at the same time as the medical?

Thanks
    And the online learning.

Gee2 wrote: »

Thanks
    And the online learning.

That's the one I couldn't think of lol

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Thanks

Vetting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Tom_90

Yeah but it is running in the background. I mean the actual physical parts left. More or less wanted to know if the medical was shortly after the PCA.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

Yeah but it is running in the background. I mean the actual physical parts left. More or less wanted to know if the medical was shortly after the PCA.

I think some of the guys here had their medical approx 4 weeks after pca

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Breezecop

Who here is 1-20 merit list ? Anyone any calls yet ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Breezecop wrote: »

Mayyyyte you'd be the first to know 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

You worry me that you say 1-20 as I start to think is there only 20 in a class but I get why your asking given your score. I’m in the 30’s and hoping for first intake. No call but seriously expect first calls to go out w/c 18th

Some people may get into an earlier squad than they estimate due to notice periods/vetting so if you're top 100 keep your phones close as even then reserve place offers may come.

• Advertisement

June calls went out week starting 9th April.
    July calls (if it existsed) should have went out week 14th May
    Aug calls "should" be week starting 18th June.
    (If it sticks to the 5 week pattern).

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

I heard a few people saying they tend to start you AFTER the 15th of the month (pay cut off) so you end up doing the remainder of said month and all of the next month before being paid. Not sure if this is the exception or the rule however

Faugha wrote: »
    I heard a few people saying they tend to start you AFTER the 15th of the month (pay cut off) so you end up doing the remainder of said month and all of the next month before being paid. Not sure if this is the exception or the rule however

You will be paid in the clearing week (week after pay day) by cheque for the first part month....

They won't just not pay you lol that's a ridiculous notion. If not by cheque for a part month it will be via faster payments 😂😂😂

It's the public sector so many avenues of complaint if they didn't pay staff lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Breezecop

June calls went out week starting 9th April.
    July calls (if it existsed) should have went out week 14th May
    Aug calls "should" be week starting 18th June.
    (If it sticks to the 5 week pattern).

Just want to hand my notice in lol but not accepting im in untill the call

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Loremaster Teclis

No please, no, no. Not another week, so close yet so far. I want to be getting it this Monday and handing in notice.

No please, no, no. Not another week, so close yet so far. I want to be getting it this Monday and handing in notice.

What was your rough merit place?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Loremaster Teclis

Within the top 50, very rough I know, but if this board is monitored, I don't want to narrow it down to within 10-20 people, especially if we continue to post after this campaign.

Within the top 50, very rough I know, but if this board is monitored, I don't want to narrow it down to within 10-20 people, especially if we continue to post after this campaign.

Happy days. Hopfully won't be too long.
    With my current work I have to give 4 weeks notice. I won't be sending it until the 4 weeks before I intend to finish because God knows what amount of OT the might try and force on me before leaving lol.

With my current work I have to give 4 weeks notice. I won't be sending it until the 4 weeks before I intend to finish because God knows what amount of OT the might try and force on me before leaving lol.
    get thon Magic MED3 form from the GP hehehe and hand it in a week after notice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Doesany1know

Count yourself lucky, in my line of work you usually need to give a years notice to resign! Lol
    If I'm even lucky enough to get accepted into PSNI, and im 370-400 I may need to rage against the machine to get out on time lol

Advertisement