Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭NemesisEejit

PCA soon and here comes the chest infection!
    How long after PCA is SMT? Suspicious question, I know, but 3 cms is about 3 months hair growth so I'm well within the window for detection and there is nothing to detect, I just desperately need a haircut. I don't want some poor bugger going searching for hair elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Yellow321

How long after PCA is SMT? Suspicious question, I know, but 3 cms is about 3 months hair growth so I'm well within the window for detection and there is nothing to detect, I just desperately need a haircut. I don't want some poor bugger going searching for hair elsewhere.

Omg is it 3cm? I don’t want my hair to be cut! The things we do eh for the career we want. Il just have to suck it up

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

SMT is done at medical which worked out around 3-4 weeks after PCA.

Yellow321 wrote: »

Omg is it 3cm? I don’t want my hair to be cut! The things we do eh for the career we want. Il just have to suck it up

They way they take cuttings isn't as noticeable as a patch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Yellow321 wrote: »

Is the smt on the same day as medical? My leave is getting shot to **** with all these days off for things lol. Worth it in the end I hope.

• Advertisement

SMT is done at medical which worked out around 3-4 weeks after PCA.
    You answered my question while I was typing it out

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Scammy21

How Long is it from medical to hearing if passed medical then passing smt?

Scammy21 wrote: »

I could be wrong.... Medical is next day and smt a few weeks after I think.

Scammy21 wrote: »

I could be wrong.... Medical is next day and smt a few weeks after I think.

Yes - and email for both

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Vetting passed guys! Medical in the very very very very near future and that's me..... super excited... Merit number between 140-50... Could very well get something this side of Xmas!... Surrounded by people I can't tell but I just have to get this off my chest

• Advertisement

ML515 wrote: »
    Vetting passed guys! Medical tomorrow and that's me..... super excited... Merit number between 140-50... Could very well get something this side of Xmas!... Surrounded by people I can't tell but I just have to get this off my chest
    Great

Vetting passed guys! Medical tomorrow and that's me..... super excited... Merit number between 140-50... Could very well get something this side of Xmas!... Surrounded by people I can't tell but I just have to get this off my chest

Great! Difficult when you can't really talk about it to people.

Great! Difficult when you can't really talk about it to people.

That's what our wee support group is for!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

I would say you will be in well before Christmas, you're basically ready to go. I was told approx 1/3 of people failed their pca from my group so those people are 3 months behind now unless they retest early and then still have the other stages to go through so you could easily jump the queue :) well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Aye_Chihuahua

Lily79 wrote: »

I would say you will be in well before Christmas, you're basically ready to go. I was told approx 1/3 of people failed their pca from my group so those people are 3 months behind now unless they retest early and then still have the other stages to go through so you could easily jump the queue :) well done

You mean your day group or the fast track group as a whole?

The determining factor for a lot of us fast track guys is not knowing how many are really ahead of us.....

We don't know how many have failed the various stages, not done the online learning,etc.

In reality, someone in the second fast track group could be called before anyone in the first group for any number of reasons. Someone's vetting might take longer.

Also we don't have definitive numbers for how many are in each ft group. At a guess I'd say about 80 in each based on merit list scores known. But all a guess.

Keep the head down all, do what you need to do,prep for your pca, etc and it'll happen. No point being negative at this stage.

Out of the 2 sessions that were on the day I was there

If I'm 140-50, taking the PCA fails and Incomplete online learning I think I would be very lucky to be moved one group ahead. Potentially looking at a September start maybe if I'm lucky. I don't want to speculate though, it isn't over until it's over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

I wonder if 1509 stragglers will be joing you guys in August????

• Advertisement

I presume, and I could be wrong, but with the new merit list, it'll be the new guys with higher scores and appointable who are appointed before 1509 ones with lower scores?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭rookie_boarder

Careful now and good luck with the rest of your recruitment process.

I really hope after the length of time those guys have waited that they still get their chance

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭GW88

I presume, and I could be wrong, but with the new merit list, it'll be the new guys with higher scores and appointable who are appointed before 1509 ones with lower scores?

I think what ever 1509’s are left will go in with the top scorers of the current campaign to phase them out. After all why make them wait even longer after the money that has been invested to their training to date.

GW88 wrote: »

I think what ever 1509’s are left will go in with the top scorers of the current campaign to phase them out. After all why make them wait even longer after the money that has been invested to their training to date.

They haven't been trained yet?

But yes apart from that i'd suspect you're right.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭GW88

Completed online learning is part of your training as it is further developed and explored in GV.

Completed online learning is part of your training as it is further developed and explored in GV.

Not really a high cost per head investment. But fair point.

Yes pal i know you’re super psyched and so you should be. The forum has rules especially on dates and venues for a reason, give them a read when you get a chance. You’ve narrowed yourself down to about 1 in 10 candidates here. More worrying is, every player out there knows where medicals are done and they’d love the PR from nailing a applicant.
    Ive reported the post for removal to Shield, not sute if sheild is still involved here so if you can remove it go ahead. I’ll delete this one after as well.

Just PM me in future please. I've edited the post but for the fact you're quoting me, reveals the info you're scolding me about. Shield has moved on to greener pastures. I see its you're first post in years.... thank you for your contribution...

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭rookie_boarder

Yes pal i know you’re super psyched and so you should be. The forum has rules especially on dates and venues for a reason, give them a read when you get a chance. You’ve narrowed yourself down to about 1 in 10 candidates here. More worrying is, every player out there knows where medicals are done and they’d love the PR from nailing a applicant.
    Ive reported the post for removal to Shield, not sute if sheild is still involved here so if you can remove it go ahead. I’ll delete this one after as well.

Just PM me in future please. I've edited the post but for the fact you're quoting me, reveals the info you're scolding me about. Shield has moved on to greener pastures. I see its you're first post in years.... thank you for your contribution...

Yes pal been too busy doing the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spasticator

Evening Everyone! In regards to the pca, do those who fail their fitness the first time round fall down the pecking order (merit wise) compared to those who do not?

Advertisement