Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Evening Everyone! In regards to the pca, do those who fail their fitness the first time round fall down the pecking order (merit wise) compared to those who do not?

Merit list is the list of appointable candidates.

No one is ready to go until all boxes are ticked.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Yes pal been too busy doing the job.

How are you getting on so far?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Looks like calls are probably going to start W/C 18th like we guessed. On JoinPSNI.....

Recruitment News
    2017/18 Recruitment Update:

PSNI are pleased to confirm that we have received the merit pool through from Deloitte. We have e-mailed all candidates in the merit pool to let them know their merit position and to update them on the next stages of the recruitment process. It is planned that the next Student Officer training course will commence in August 2018 and we anticipate making offers for this course within the next couple of weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

NiK9 wrote: »
    Looks like calls are probably going to start W/C 18th like we guessed. On JoinPSNI.....

Recruitment News

PSNI are pleased to confirm that we have received the merit pool through from Deloitte. We have e-mailed all candidates in the merit pool to let them know their merit position and to update them on the next stages of the recruitment process. It is planned that the next Student Officer training course will commence in August 2018 and we anticipate making offers for this course within the next couple of weeks.

Hurry up and get in all you ones ahead of me so I get a turn lol. I think we already knew most of this but great to get confirmation.

Recruitment News

Hurry up and get in all you ones ahead of me so I get a turn lol. I think we already knew most of this but great to get confirmation.

Trust me we would go faster if we could lol

• Advertisement

Recruitment News

Trust me we would go faster if we could lol

Being serious, good luck to those in a position to get a call this month or so. You've worked hard to get there.

The wait will give me time to finally finish final fantasy 7 (there's one for the older ones in here lol).

Applications closed 10th Nov. So 7 months yesterday. Their goal of shortening recruitment to around 6 months was nearly met. I say if they hadn't of had the drama with the IST they could have possibly made it.

Applications closed 10th Nov. So 7 months yesterday. Their goal of shortening recruitment to around 6 months was nearly met. I say if they hadn't of had the drama with the IST they could have possibly made it.

In their defense it has been a lot quicker than we probably guessed it would go

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

Just out of intrested how many out of everyone on the merit list will pass all psni managed stages. I know this is just a guess but for curiosity

Recruit 6 wrote: »
    Just out of intrested how many out of everyone on the merit list will pass all psni managed stages. I know this is just a guess but for curiosity

We will find out in time. It's not over until people fail PCA twice, or fail medical and lose appeal or fail vetting and lose appeal.

Not really a quantifiable question at this point...

• Advertisement

You're asking a "how long is a piece of string" question mate. Could be everyone, could be no one. Best guess would be each stage might knock out 10%

We also have no idea how far down the list will get a chance at the PSNI managed stages...

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

You're asking a "how long is a piece of string" question mate. Could be everyone, could be no one. Best guess would be each stage might knock out 10%
    So if you were to guess 10% each stage

• Registered Users Posts: 16 HankSchrader1

Boards can be insightful. Aaaand then there are questions like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

Can speculate as to how many in the first intake? Or even humour me and say 50 lol

Boards can be insightful. Aaaand then there are questions like this.

Loving the username!

Faugha wrote: »

Can speculate as to how many in the first intake? Or even humour me and say 50 lol
    I'll humour you..... 50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Grey8

Hey, first time poster only found the board over the weekend and wish I’d have found it sooner. Passed AC, score at higher end of 55-60. Lots of good info on here so far, well done to all fast tracked applicants, amazing results! Its my first time applying and was convinced the AC was a fail so was very happy when I passed, Main priority now is fitness in the hope of a PCA in the future, the fitness scares me the most and the medical, I have slight asthma but it’s managed so hoping this wouldn’t have a negative impact from a medical point of view?

Grey8 wrote: »
    Hey, first time poster only found the board over the weekend and wish I’d have found it sooner. Passed AC, score at higher end of 55-60. Lots of good info on here so far, well done to all fast tracked applicants, amazing results! Its my first time applying and was convinced the AC was a fail so was very happy when I passed, Main priority now is fitness in the hope of a PCA in the future, the fitness scares me the most and the medical, I have slight asthma but it’s managed so hoping this wouldn’t have a negative impact from a medical point of view?

Well done and welcome. I would imagine it comes done to the level of your asthma.

If you can run a 5km no bother then I don't see why not. Get yourself into circuit training to build up your fitness levels. You don't need to be superman to pass.

Well done and welcome. I would imagine it comes done to the level of your asthma.

If you can run a 5km no bother then I don't see why not. Get yourself into circuit training to build up your fitness levels. You don't need to be superman to pass.

Thanks, my asthma is very mild and fitness is a work in progress, been going running and doing HIIT sessions and due to my score I’m guessing I’ll have a while to wait before a chance of being called for PCA so will be training alot going forward to make sure I’m in as best shape as possible

• Advertisement

Morning all. Just out of the interest, is the shortened familiarisation carried out with everyone together on the day of the pca or is individual?

Morning all. Just out of the interest, is the shortened familiarisation carried out with everyone together on the day of the pca or is individual?

Everyone at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

All together

Thanks, my asthma is very mild and fitness is a work in progress, been going running and doing HIIT sessions and due to my score I’m guessing I’ll have a while to wait before a chance of being called for PCA so will be training alot going forward to make sure I’m in as best shape as possible

Night before PCA. Bowl of hot water and vicks, towel over your head hover over the bowl deep breaths. 15 mins.

Take your preventer.

Some cicks on chest and back when going to bed. Walk up take your preventer. Put some more gicks on for the jouney.

Take preventer with you. Take prevemter when you get to car park.

Don't forget your reliever.

Everyone at once.
    Faugha wrote: »

All together

Thanks both.

Night before PCA. Bowl of hot water and vicks, towel over your head hover over the bowl deep breaths. 15 mins.

Take your preventer.

Some cicks on chest and back when going to bed. Walk up take your preventer. Put some more gicks on for the jouney.

Good advice considering you'll need every breath going around that course

Take your preventer.

Good advice considering you'll need every breath going around that course

Thanks both for your advice, I will wait in hope of a PCA date. Thankfully my breathing isn’t that bad and a preventer is enough for me at mo :).

Has anyone got PCA dates yet beyond July or is it just scheduled for then upto now?

Those who got emails last week are probably scheduled for the next 3-5 weeks based on the usual turnaround but I'm guessing. They'll prob email the August ones in July. No rush in bringing people forward too soon as they've only 6 months before the pca result expires

Those who got emails last week are probably scheduled for the next 3-5 weeks based on the usual turnaround but I'm guessing. They'll prob email the August ones in July. No rush in bringing people forward too soon as they've only 6 months before the pca result expires

That’s true, just a case of waiting to see what happens & hoping they keep going down the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Yellow321

Anyone know what place on merit list currently being worked through? Also how many are taken in each batch to next stages eg PCA etc? Placed between 450-500 on merit list and trying to gauge timeframe ....

Advertisement