Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Yellow321 wrote: »
    Anyone know what place on merit list currently being worked through? Also how many are taken in each batch to next stages eg PCA etc? Placed between 450-500 on merit list and trying to gauge timeframe ....

No one knows how far, only way to find out is through a FOI but since it's taking roughly 2 months for them to be answered at the min it will be well outdated by the time you get a response.

At my PCA familiarisation there were roughly 50-60.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

NiK9 wrote: »
    Anyone know what place on merit list currently being worked through? Also how many are taken in each batch to next stages eg PCA etc? Placed between 450-500 on merit list and trying to gauge timeframe ....

No one knows how far, only way to find out is through a FOI but since it's taking roughly 2 months for them to be answered at the min it will be well outdated by the time you get a response.

I think it would be reasonable to be conservative and say 6 months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

I think it would be reasonable to be conservative and say 6 months?

The calcutron-5000 agrees with your estimation to within a margin of 1.5 months either way ;)

It's getting that bit harder to leave the house every time im heading to work. I just wish it was Aug already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Slo18

Hey guys anyone any ideas on how I could get an old Chinese symbol tattoo verified?

• Advertisement

Slo18 wrote: »
    Hey guys anyone any ideas on how I could get an old Chinese symbol tattoo verified?

Depends what dialect it is.

But there will be a reference chart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Slo18

This is 20 years old and the ink and all bled. I’ve literally no idea how to translate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Slatprh

This is 20 years old and the ink and all bled. I’ve literally no idea how to translate it.

Send me a pic of the tattoo via pm, I have a family friend who works as a translator, he might be able to help or provide a reference. Can’t make any promises though bud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Grey8

Has anyone that placed on the merit list 250+ got a PCA date in July? Trying to see where they have got to on the merit list and only other candidates can answer if FOI requests are taking so long at the minute. Sorry if this has been asked previously it’s hard to remember there’s that many posts, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

Grey8 wrote: »
    Has anyone that placed on the merit list 250+ got a PCA date in July? Trying to see where they have got to on the merit list and only other candidates can answer if FOI requests are taking so long at the minute. Sorry if this has been asked previously it’s hard to remember there’s that many posts, thanks
    Just above that and I have

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Grey8

Thanks, I’m between 400-430 so hoping the next batch of PCAs will include my position :) best of luck with yours!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

Thanks, I’m between 400-430 so hoping the next batch of PCAs will include my position :) best of luck with yours!!

From what I’ve read on here I think it will. Fingers crossed for you. Thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

There is someone on here in the 350 range and they have got a pca date cant remember who it was but

• Registered Users Posts: 1 House1

Anyone know how they let you know if you have been fast tracked?

House1 wrote: »
    Anyone know how they let you know if you have been fast tracked?

There is no more fast track. Fast track was just to bring highest scoring people forward to PSNI stages before the AC results.
    Your merit list number is your number now. There is no changing it or speeding it up.

How many groups of fast track were they . I thought they were 3 and one of them was when the results came out

Recruit 6 wrote: »
    How many groups of fast track were they . I thought they were 3 and one of them was when the results came out

No there were 2 groups of fast track.
    But since some high scorers didn't have their AC until the last few weeks of the AC (after second FT group got emails), once results were sent out people who had a score high enough to be in the fast track groups but hadn't been put forward yet were then the first to receive their PCA dates.

No there were 2 groups of fast track.
    But since some high scorers didn't have their AC until the last few weeks of the AC (after second FT group got emails), once results were sent out people who had a score high enough to be in the fast track groups but hadn't been put forward yet were then the first to receive their PCA dates.
    Aw right i get you now . So in the foi it said 252 were being processed is that the fast track groups only

Yes but it doesnt mean all the highest scorers.
    Someone on the very last day of the AC could have scored the highest mark of all. But since it was so last in the AC they wernt in one of the 2 FT groups. So basically they are then the first toattend the next PCA. And IF they have passed all stages by the time the calls come they will be first to be called. And if not appointable people will a lower score but are appointable will be called.
    Fast track was just there to make sure there were bodies ready to start in Aug.

I got my FT email early March and didn't get final pass email for SMT until mid/late may.
    If fast tracked hadn't happened and everything waited until after AC results and went at the same speed it did, I prob wouldn't be appointable for an Aug class.
    It's all about having people ready to fill boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Daisy04

There is someone on here in the 350 range and they have got a pca date cant remember who it was but
    It was me and I have my PCA date

• Advertisement

You are gonna burn yourself out bud.

Focus on the good things in life amd let this tick away in the back ground.

Just keep fit and carry on normal jogging 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Jaymeg

Hi guys,

Do you receive an email to say you’ve passed vetting?

I think I read you get an email to say you’ve passed medical and SMT too? Just for clarification:)

Please and thanks

Jaymeg wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I think I read you get an email to say you’ve passed medical and SMT too? Just for clarification:)

Please and thanks

You will get 2 emails regarding vetting. One for background checks/ CTC. And the other one will be about SMT.

Hi guys,

Please and thanks

You will get 2 emails regarding vetting. One for background checks/ CTC. And the other one will be about SMT.

Thanks NiK9! Good to know, still waiting on my vetting to come back but have received my medical date.

Have you had the medical? What do they check for when you are dressed down to your ‘undergarments’ 😅

Hi guys,

Please and thanks

Thanks NiK9! Good to know, still waiting on my vetting to come back but have received my medical date.

Have you had the medical? What do they check for when you are dressed down to your ‘undergarments’ 😅

Yea ive passed everything just waiting on call now.
    You don't have to dress down unless you are refered to the dr about something.
    Only skin i had to show was role up tshirt sleeve for blood pressure lol.

Hi guys,

Please and thanks

Yea ive passed everything just waiting on call now.
    You don't have to dress down unless you are refered to the dr about something.
    Only skin i had to show was role up tshirt sleeve for blood pressure lol.

Thanks boss! Had this image of me having to jump about the place boll*ck naked 😂😂

Well done on passing everything! Exciting stuff.

I really hope the vetting won’t take long, you always worry when you haven’t heard back. I had an email in May time asking for additional info I had missed so I know they were processing it, just hope it’s normal this length of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

Thank this post if you have PCA in july

Don't see how I am going to burn myself out . I was just trying to see how far down the list they had offered pca dates . And they have offered dates to People in the 350 range 6 weeks from the ac results I tho k they are going through the list quick enough

• Advertisement

Don't see how I am going to burn myself out . I was just trying to see how far down the list they had offered pca dates . And they have offered dates to People in the 350 range 6 weeks from the ac results I tho k they are going through the list quick enough

You are constantly asking ****e that we have no answer to...

If you think they are going through the list quick enough why are you asking questions that you consider to be redundant?

Advertisement