Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

I have to agree I’ve almost been put off from coming on here due to bickering from certain people. Everyone is here because we have the same common goal. We want to help each other and gain more insight into this campaign. Everything on here should be taken with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

Faugha wrote: »
    Onto the job itself. Who else has thought about useful no issue stuff that you will purchase?

I for one walk hills so have foot care csre squared away but I wonder what else may be useful to keep in a go bag you take to work.

Trust me buy Talc and bring spare socks feet in boots for 12+ hrs is gomna get uncomfortable.

Post GV of course.

1A. Pair of Lowas, issued boots look like f all (IMO).
    1B. Boot polish / cleaning accoutrements
    2. An iron, as a lot cops don’t seem to know how to use one.
    3. A razor capabable of giving me that fresh and presentable look prior to reporting for duty.
    4. A snood, for my neck so that I can quickly cover my face if I should see someone I know and don’t want to know me/ media/ scum with camera phones.
    5. A daily does of humility
    6. And a daily reminder to thank my lucky stars that I have been granted such a great opportunity and not fall into the group think of “long hours/ I hate my job etc”

Lowas are very heavy. I suggest Altbergs. I am quite partial to Altberg Sneekers. Feel like trainers.

All depends where your working mucker! Used both over the years. For the role I’m going into lowa patrol are my choice. But on that note, are we allowed to buy our own ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Regarding boots Adidas and under armour do great "tactical boots" now. Alot of tactical units use them. Although personally I'm a Salomon boot person.
    If you dont mind showing your ID. Go Outdoors (newtownabbey) do 20% for emergency services/ armed forces.
    Cotswold do the same and you dont even need to show ID. Just have to know the "codeword".
    (makes you feel special using secret words lmao)

For a torch in case anyone doesn't know Olight opened their UK HQ in Belfast last month and have great deals. Yea the torches are expensive but work amazing!!
    I got their "Olight warrior" for around £35 when they usually cost around £60.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

NiK9 wrote: »
    Regarding boots Adidas and under armour do great "tactical boots" now. Alot of tactical units use them. Although personally I'm a Salomon boot person.
    If you dont mind showing your ID. Go Outdoors (newtownabbey) do 20% for emergency services/ armed forces.
    Cotswold do the same and you dont even need to show ID. Just have to know the "codeword".

For a torch in case anyone doesn't know Olight opened their UK HQ in Belfast last month and have great deals. Yea the torches are expensive but work amazing!!

Puregym members get a further 15% in Cotswold.

Nap702 wrote: »

And your the main bitch!

Cool. If you've went off it then do so. Don't like something you see. Move on.

• Advertisement

Nap702 wrote: »
    I went off boards because most of you are bitchs me and few members have resorted to whatsapp due to this.

Well that escelated quickly lol. Giving numbers out to people on here prob isn't the most secure thing.
    No offensive to everyone but I don't trust any of yous lol, But sure. If you are leaving, good luck with the rest of the process :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Did you see the post from the shield on the “starting garnerville soon” thread? It lists loads of stuff to take to garnerville if you are staying up. Or if not its probably worth a look anyway. It’s very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

I use bates 8inch ultralite boots. Bought them when I joined and still going strong. As the name suggests they are extremely light and comfortable. Also come with a side zip for those 2 minute uniform changes to make briefing on time ;).

They came up in a nice bull aswell

Joceyjoe wrote: »

Did you see the post from the shield on the “starting garnerville soon” thread? It lists loads of stuff to take to garnerville if you are staying up. Or if not its probably worth a look anyway. It’s very helpful.

Homer also did an update to it when he started in GV think it's in the same thread around 10 or so pages back.

Homer also did an update to it when he started in GV think it's in the same thread around 10 or so pages back.

Thanks, must get a look

• Advertisement

Edit

Thanks, must get a look

Page 72 of the same thread

Thanks, must get a look

Page 72 of the same thread

Thanks for that :D

It cannot be stressed enough how serious the threat is in NI and tbh if you are lax with personal security how do you think the PSNI will view your blatant disregard for your own security on a public forum?

Do you really want to end up on the front page of a Newspaper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

Hello guys long time no see, hope you're all doing well. Just recieved an email from PSNI indicating that my vetting forms were going to be disposed as I was no longer on the merit list, however they said I can have the vetting form returned. If I have my forms returned, would I be able to use them again in future campaigns ?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

Hello guys long time no see, hope you're all doing well. Just recieved an email from PSNI indicating that my vetting forms were going to be disposed as I was no longer on the merit list, however they said I can have the vetting form returned. If I have my forms returned, would I be able to use them again in future campaigns ?
    How come you were removed from the merit list is this 1509 or 1710 campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ze0tech

Take them back. Can't do any harm really. For. Future reference. Did you fail vetting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

Recruit 6 wrote: »
    Sorry I was never on the list. I failed the AC for 1710 but had already sent my vetting forms off.

Recruit 6 wrote: »
    Sorry I was never on the list. I failed the AC for 1710 but had already sent my vetting forms off.

Autumn 18 isn't long of mate. All will be ok in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 belfast_22

Alright guys, got the good news re. medical, no issues with drugs so not worried with that aspect so I’d like to think I’ll be meeting some of you in the very near future. Everything else completed so just waiting on smt and I’m good to go. Best of luck to the rest of the guys who’ve got medicals coming up soon

• Advertisement

Ask For them back and keep them. They can't be used again as they have been signed and dated. But it will save you alot of time next time around when hunting for details, they will all be in one place.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

belfast_22 wrote: »
    Alright guys, got the good news re. medical, no issues with drugs so not worried with that aspect so I’d like to think I’ll be meeting some of you in the very near future. Everything else completed so just waiting on smt and I’m good to go. Best of luck to the rest of the guys who’ve got medicals coming up soon
    Well done great to see good news

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

Congratulations pal, welcome to the waiting room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

Onto the job itself. Who else has thought about useful no issue stuff that you will purchase?

I for one walk hills so have foot care csre squared away but I wonder what else may be useful to keep in a go bag you take to work.

Trust me buy Talc and bring spare socks feet in boots for 12+ hrs is gomna get uncomfortable.

Post GV of course.

3. A razor capabable of giving me that fresh and presentable look prior to reporting for duty.
    4. A snood, for my neck so that I can quickly cover my face if I should see someone I know and don’t want to know me/ media/ scum with camera phones.
    6. And a daily reminder to thank my lucky stars that I have been granted such a great opportunity and not fall into the group think of “long hours/ I hate my job etc”

Get yourself decent torch as you are issued with an electronic match stick.

An electronic match stick? You're over selling it. They're utterly useless lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

Post GV of course.

Lowas are very heavy. I suggest Altbergs. I am quite partial to Altberg Sneekers. Feel like trainers.

All depends where your working mucker! Used both over the years. For the role I’m going into lowa patrol are my choice. But on that note, are we allowed to buy our own ?

Yup, you can buy your own. Some guys have fancy sporty type ones, imo the issue boots are perfectly fine. Same as all kit though, if its not standard issue and something goes wrong, you're unlikely to be covered

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Also passed the medical yesterday!

ML515 wrote: »
    Also passed the medical yesterday!

Outstanding!! This waiting room is starting to get crowded lol. Which isn't a bad thing .

Not sure how it would work but what do you think the chances would be of a start in August if I’m just awaiting smt, if it takes a week it would be next week which is when calls are due?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Not sure how it would work but what do you think the chances would be of a start in August if I’m just awaiting smt, if it takes a week it would be next week which is when calls are due?
    Depends on who is ahead of you and ready to go.

• Advertisement

Depends on who is ahead of you and ready to go.

Fair one, just have to wait it out I guess

Advertisement