Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mrmagooo

NiK9 wrote: »
    Mrmagooo wrote: »
    Hey all Well done to everyone who passed today I’m sure you are all over the moon, and for those who didn’t all the best for the next time round, have mine coming up soon, and I’m honestly more nervous about it than I was the AC. This is probably going to sound like a stupid question but what sort of level of fitness had you all going in to it? It says on the website for one of the training sessions running 5km aiming for 5 minutes per kilometre, and whilst I can just about manage this i am absolute toast afterwards. Went for a 3 mile run the other morning and felt sweet until the next day when I felt like someone had been using my knee as a trampoline hahaha, a bag of frozen peas carrots etc set up camp on it for the remainder of the evening.

Fitness really depends on yourself and your current training.
    I passed PCA with a good time and never trained for running on the run up to the PCA.
    Give me 5mins sparring or rolling in the mats, or a circuit and I'm fine. 5 mins running and you may get the defib out for me lol.
    Train for the actual event. There isn't actually that much running in the PCA.

Haha I totally get you, boxed for a few years there myself (have slacked off the past 6 months or so stupidly) and wasn’t too bad fitness wise when sparring or doing bag work but when it came to abit of road work I was done haha. Thanks for everyone’s input, going to just mix it up I think and hope for the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Guys and ladies, I'm really tired of all the drama on here lately so im giving it another break. Keeping the account active so anyone I chat to can still DM me. Good luck everyone with upcoming stages :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Mrmagooo wrote: »
    Hey all Well done to everyone who passed today I’m sure you are all over the moon, and for those who didn’t all the best for the next time round, have mine coming up soon, and I’m honestly more nervous about it than I was the AC. This is probably going to sound like a stupid question but what sort of level of fitness had you all going in to it? It says on the website for one of the training sessions running 5km aiming for 5 minutes per kilometre, and whilst I can just about manage this i am absolute toast afterwards. Went for a 3 mile run the other morning and felt sweet until the next day when I felt like someone had been using my knee as a trampoline hahaha, a bag of frozen peas carrots etc set up camp on it for the remainder of the evening.

I would say I am genuinely unfit and I passed by a large amount. But that was due to no mistakes and me going absolute hell for leather.

Id say if you could reach 6.5 on a 15m bleep test you could do that course in 3 min 54 at max effort.

Less bragging you lol. Some of us trained really hard lol...... Not that it's a competition (winky emoji)

Haha I re read my post and it does look a touch elitist I apologise, wasnt my intention.

Just meant to give those with lesser fitness confidence that it absolutely can be done! But why make it harder for yourself?

Get fit guys.

Ps: reported that other user.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

NiK9 wrote: »
    Guys and ladies, I'm really tired of all the drama on here lately so im giving it another break. Keeping the account active so anyone I chat to can still DM me. Good luck everyone with upcoming stages :)

Best of luck Nik. Let us know when that call comes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Apologies guys. I triggered hard. I have not had dinner yet so am a bit hangry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

Now now banter... “I’d be weary of showing any form of bias”

Faugha wrote: »
    Now now banter... “I’d be weary of showing any form of bias”

I love everyone that isn't a cock 😂😂😂

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,265 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK - not giving them the oxygen of leaving any reference up either in posts, quotes or references, so you will see a load of posts and the fantasist in question have disappeared

No need to refer to them - that's all they are looking for

Thanks

Beasty wrote: »
    OK - not giving them the oxygen of leaving any reference up either in posts, quotes or references, so you will see a load of posts and the fantasist in question have disappeared

No need to refer to them - that's all they are looking for

Thanks

Some rapid response there. Cheers for tidying up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

So, recently passed the PCA as well.

My main question is should I have received info regarding the online learning by now? How long after passing should the online learning be available?

RE: PCA

If you can lift your own weight with ease, run a few miles with ease and keep your balance you'll be sweet.

Everyone comes out tired, but that's because everyone is going flat out so regardless of your fitness level you'll be tired. Do not pace yourself. It's a little under 4 minutes of your life, beast it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Confusedas wrote: »

My main question is should I have received info regarding the online learning by now? How long after passing should the online learning be available?

If you can lift your own weight with ease, run a few miles with ease and keep your balance you'll be sweet.

Everyone comes out tired, but that's because everyone is going flat out so regardless of your fitness level you'll be tired. Do not pace yourself. It's a little under 4 minutes of your life, beast it.

When did you pass the pca? I think you get your medical date a few days after you passed and the online learning sound the same time. Others can confirm this.

When did you pass the pca? I think you get your medical date a few days after you passed and the online learning sound the same time. Others can confirm this.

PCA was passed this week, medical date recevied, just no sign of online learning as of yet.

I assume its by email as with everything else?

PCA was passed this week, medical date recevied, just no sign of online learning as of yet.

I assume its by email as with everything else?

Aye you get sent a link to start the ball rolling on it.

No worries, I assumed it was sent same day as passing PCA. No shortage of waiting around in this process!

I'll give it a day or two before I think about contacting HR.

No worries, I assumed it was sent same day as passing PCA. No shortage of waiting around in this process!

If those of us who passed this week as well are posting about getting the online learning then maybe call. If not, I'd just hold up and wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭GW88

Online learning doesn’t open until after your induction day

It's probs in batches. Deadline for the group currently doing online learning may not have passed yet....

GW88 wrote: »

Incorrect. There's online learning in the recruitment process....

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

GW88 wrote: »

There is an online learning package to complete as part of the assessment process

There is probs pre joining online learning between induction and day 1. But this is recruitment e learning we are talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

Have you checked your junk folder? I think a few people's maybe went there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Doesany1know

Hey guys, only on here now and again, so apologies if this has been asked many pages ago.

Has anyone in the 370-400 group heard anything regarding PCA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Gee2

Hey guys, only on here now and again, so apologies if this has been asked many pages ago.

Has anyone in the 370-400 group heard anything regarding PCA?

From what I remember, I think around 350 was the cut off for last group of PCA dates. If I’m wrong others can correct me.

To those lurkers who were chatting to me yesterday, pm me to let me know how you on. Especially exam quarantine boy!

To those lurkers who were chatting to me yesterday, pm me to let me know how you on. Especially exam quarantine boy!

So I assume yours was yesterday, have you got access to the online learning yet?

So I assume yours was yesterday, have you got access to the online learning yet?

Read above.

Read above.

Eh?

Online learning is probs in batches.

Latest batches deadline may not have passed yet

That must have been you I was speaking to when I phoned HR earlier!

• Advertisement

That must have been you I was speaking to when I phoned HR earlier!

Nah juat go through all possible options and thatbseemed like the most logical lol

Advertisement