Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FinalTry32

Lockie101 wrote: »
    Absolutely gutted, not so much that I didn’t get it but more for the amount of time I now have to wait to try again...

Keep the head up buddy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭sparkylarky

Absolutely gutted, not so much that I didn’t get it but more for the amount of time I now have to wait to try again...

Yea it would be sicking!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mrlovalova22

Aww mate!!!! So sorry to hear that, don't give up

• Registered Users Posts: 23 LPT2018

Missed out by 1 Mark guys.
    Havnt felt heartache like it.
    Good luck with the rest, take care.

LPT2018 wrote: »

Its a horrible feeling, Iv been there before, it hurts but keep the head up! Go for it next time too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Peelerwannabe

Me either missed by 1 Mark 😮

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

I passed!!! Was so nervous opening the email.

Sorry to hear if you didn't pass this time..I'm gutted for you. Keep trying though!

LPT2018 wrote: »

Aww not good that! Keep the head up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Not my my time guys, well done. If it takes me ten years it takes me ten years. Chin up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

I failed by 5 marks, it was the SJT that let me down. Hopefully the next campaign isn't too far away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Guys I can’t believe so many of you have fallen. The pass mark is very high. I’m gutted for you all, chin up guys. They will always be looking for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

That pass mark is crazy high! So little room for error. Congrats to those who passed and all the best for those who didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

Not my my time guys, well done. If it takes me ten years it takes me ten years. Chin up
    Really sorry to hear banter, keep at it. You've been very insightful to these boards and sure we may have had our disagreements but you've shown the makings of a great cop already on these boards and will make be at GV one day. All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

I’ve a friend who scored lower than me, on the pass mark, with a surname starting with W. I scored higher and he got his before. It’s a totally random order. Maybe based on the candidate number?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Has anyone received a pass since the fails started going out? Have a few mates still waiting.

Maxi515 wrote: »
    I’ve a friend who scored lower than me, on the pass mark, with a surname starting with W. I scored higher and he got his before. It’s a totally random order. Maybe based on the candidate number?

No its not mate unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Tom_90

Hi guys, up til now Iv been a lurker but I’m pleased to say Iv just had my email to say Iv passed and inviting me to the AC! Over the moon
    T

• Registered Users Posts: 5 4th time lucky

Failed fitness last year by 2 seconds failed IST this year by 2 marks
    Devastated to say the least
    Good luck to the rest of you
    Be yourself at AC, listen and take notes on what is being said google interview techniques for police
    Train like mad for the fitness if you now do 10 burpees make sure you do 100

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cbm27

Failed by 1 mark. Devastated. Good luck to all who passed

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Beard1209

Patiently waiting for bad news...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

Cbm27 wrote: »
    Failed by 1 mark. Devastated. Good luck to all who passed

Absolutely gutting. Head up and there is always next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ZXC53

Failed as well by 3 marks- did absolutely no preparation so that's a lesson learned but shouldn't be too long before next recruitment with the next few years seeing many officers eligible for retirement and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Anotherhopeful

Failed by 1 mark good luck to everyone else going through it!!!

Missed out by 1 mark, guess it just wasnt for me this time! Good Luck to all of you who did pass .. Delighted for all of you’s!

To those who like me who missed out, whats meant for you wont go by you, dont give up on the dream :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 blue3790

Failed by a mark. Gutted. Best of luck to the ones left In the process!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Hey everyone, only awake from nights and got email. Got a Pass. 4 of my friends who never join boards have all failed by 1 or 2 points.
    Pass mark this year was very high. But that just shows everyone did well so they had to raise it to drop numbers so don't take it in a bad way if this year wasn't your time. This is my third attempt at joining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

One of my friends just told me he failed by 1 mark and his mum passed by 1 mark. He said he didn't even know his mum had applied. Talk about operational security Hahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

NiK9 wrote: »
    One of my friends just told me he failed by 1 mark and his mum passed by 1 mark. He said he didn't even know his mum had applied. Talk about operational security Hahaha.
    Someone I know failed by a mark also, I alsmost feel bad passing and all these people failing by a mark

There must have been alot of people applied if they had such a high pass mark?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

There must have been alot of people applied if they had such a high pass mark?
    Had to have been, 34 was very high

Advertisement