Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Confusedas wrote: »
    Online learning is probs in batches.

Latest batches deadline may not have passed yet

That must have been you I was speaking to when I phoned HR earlier!

Nah juat go through all possible options and thatbseemed like the most logical lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fina1countdown

To those lurkers who were chatting to me yesterday, pm me to let me know how you on. Especially exam quarantine boy!
    Passed big man

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Ponif

Thanks to everyone for the advice, I got an email today from recruitment saying they will offer me a new date. Importantly though I think what I took away from it was that it honestly pays to be prepared and have a backup, my car was literally fine the day before and I wasn't expecting for it to just fail on the day I needed it the most but I should have been prepared for something like that to happen, but I'm glad I was offered another date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Ponif wrote: »
    Thanks to everyone for the advice, I got an email today from recruitment saying they will offer me a new date. Importantly though I think what I took away from it was that it honestly pays to be prepared and have a backup, my car was literally fine the day before and I wasn't expecting for it to just fail on the day I needed it the most but I should have been prepared for something like that to happen, but I'm glad I was offered another date.

Brilliant, so glad for you :)

On the upside more time to train 😎

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Ponif wrote: »

Good stuff mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fina1countdown

Ponif talked to u at familiarisation can’t believe that happened mate unlucky hope u pass next stage and hopefully see you soon great guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Positive from a negative fella. Chin up

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Ponif

Ponif talked to u at familiarisation can’t believe that happened mate unlucky hope u pass next stage and hopefully see you soon great guy!
    Yeah I remember we spoke at the PCA, well done yourself and congrats on passing! Hopefully I won't be long catching up with all you who passed

I've only just realised that my personal phone was signed in as my old username I couldn't remember from years ago, and my work one was signed in with the _ in between. Only twigged on this when I used the desktop site. Explains why I couldn't see messages on the work one. I was blaming iphones for just being pants!!

• Advertisement

I've only just realised that my personal phone was signed in as my old username I couldn't remember from years ago, and my work one was signed in with the _ in between. Only twigged on this when I used the desktop site. Explains why I couldn't see messages on the work one. I was blaming iphones for just being pants!!

You should still bin the iPhone however.

You should still bin the iPhone however.

I'd prefer to just hand it back upon starting this new role ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Breezecop

Are we expecting calls on monday ??

Breezecop wrote: »

I'm not, maybe in a month or two ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

I hope so. But could well leave it to the 11th hour as per usual

Faugha wrote: »

I hope so. But could well leave it to the 11th hour as per usual

Good luck to those waiting. Don't forget about us when you start ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 belfast_22

Just out of curiosity do we have any information to suggest how long calls last for? E.g is it a week or is it a single day? Just wondering if my drugs come back at the end of this week could I potentially be in the batch of calls? I don’t believe anybody will have the answer but no harm in asking

belfast_22 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity do we have any information to suggest how long calls last for? E.g is it a week or is it a single day? Just wondering if my drugs come back at the end of this week could I potentially be in the batch of calls? I don’t believe anybody will have the answer but no harm in asking

I guess they call until they hit a quota?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

If your drug results arent back yet then you aren't appointable. They will call the first 50 or so people (however many are in that particular squad) who are appointable and a few people will be put on standby in case any of those 50 drop out. The calls can take all week but just because your results come back doesn't mean you'd skip the queue

• Registered Users Posts: 32 belfast_22

majgreen wrote: »

If your drug results arent back yet then you aren't appointable. They will call the first 50 or so people (however many are in that particular squad) who are appointable and a few people will be put on standby in case any of those 50 drop out. The calls can take all week but just because your results come back doesn't mean you'd skip the queue

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 DarylD96

Anyone know what to wear to the PCA Familiarization and the PCA itself?
    Casual, formal, sports gear?
    Is there anywhere to get changed if I were to go in formal wear and get changed into sports gear if necessary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

DarylD96 wrote: »
    Is there anywhere to get changed if I were to go in formal wear and get changed into sports gear if necessary?
    No need for formal wear. Go in something comfortable, tracksuit bottoms etc ready to take part in the PCA. My advice though is to take shorts and change into them (changing rooms are available), the hall gets very hot, very quick when you're blasting around it, and I did my PCA in the winter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

For your prides sake, do not go in formal wear lol. Everyone goes in running shorts and tshirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 DarylD96

majgreen wrote: »
    No need for formal wear. Go in something comfortable, tracksuit bottoms etc ready to take part in the PCA. My advice though is to take shorts and change into them (changing rooms are available), the hall gets very hot, very quick when you're blasting around it, and I did my PCA in the winter!
    I did think that but wanted to try put across a professional image where possible I guess. Thank you though, now I won't look like a ballbag turning up in a shirt & tie haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

If you can scale that wall in a tux like 007, go for it ;);)

If you can scale that wall in a tux like 007, go for it ;);)

Maybe the first lap but no chance on the last lap

Shorts/leggings under trackies?

Congrats to the Reds from 1509 passing out.

Enjoy Response.

Enjoy Response.

Reds?

• Advertisement

Enjoy Response.

Reds?

Yea the reds started in Jan.

Yellows in Feb.

Each intake is given a colour.

Advertisement