Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Congrats to the Reds from 1509 passing out.

Enjoy Response.

Reds?

Yea the reds started in Jan.

Yellows in Feb.

Each intake is given a colour.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Likelyhood that 1st 1710 squad in will be reds too. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

It's a well know fact that the red squads are the best ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Scammy21

belfast_22 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity do we have any information to suggest how long calls last for? E.g is it a week or is it a single day? Just wondering if my drugs come back at the end of this week could I potentially be in the batch of calls? I don’t believe anybody will have the answer but no harm in asking

I'm in the exact same boat! Medical last week pass and just waiting for the smt results. Like yourself hoping we're not too late to get passed it and be included in the first calls

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Breezecop

Scammy21 wrote: »
    belfast_22 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity do we have any information to suggest how long calls last for? E.g is it a week or is it a single day? Just wondering if my drugs come back at the end of this week could I potentially be in the batch of calls? I don’t believe anybody will have the answer but no harm in asking

I'm in the exact same boat! Medical last week pass and just waiting for the smt results. Like yourself hoping we're not too late to get passed it and be included in the first calls

Alot of fast track had medical and smt around 4 to 6 weeks ago so id say if urs was last week your prob 2nd or 3rd call

• Advertisement

Here's hoping the medical emails start flowing for us recent pca passes. Could cut the tension with a knife lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

Anyone here who has already had their medical completed/forms signed, could you PM me?

Edit: Sorted. Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭NemesisEejit

Just noticed I have never had my BCG. A lot of you guys will have had it pre-2005, and I should have had it at some point from 2000-2004, but they stopped in 2005. There should be a group of folks 23 and under that don't have it- has anyone in that age group passed their medical?

The vaccination is against Tuberculosis. The rate of the disease is so low that they don't bother vaccinating unless there is a good reason. However, one of the good reasons listed by the NHS is being a prison officer, which has obvious overlaps with being a police officer.

Bugger.

Just noticed I have never had my BCG. A lot of you guys will have had it pre-2005, and I should have had it at some point from 2000-2004, but they stopped in 2005. There should be a group of folks 23 and under that don't have it- has anyone in that age group passed their medical?

The vaccination is against Tuberculosis. The rate of the disease is so low that they don't bother vaccinating unless there is a good reason. However, one of the good reasons listed by the NHS is being a prison officer, which has obvious overlaps with being a police officer.

Bugger.

OH will just give you it when you get in 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spasticator

Hey Everyone....I know this has probably been asked a thousand times, but does anyone know how many new student officers the psni are taking on?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Hey Everyone....I know this has probably been asked a thousand times, but does anyone know how many new student officers the psni are taking on?
    Thanks

Before you get jumped on

The short answer is we don't know for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spasticator

Thanks

Before you get jumped on

Thanks for reply! Might drop them an email, and see if they respond.

Thanks

Before you get jumped on

Thanks for reply! Might drop them an email, and see if they respond.

They'll just chin you off. Best doing an FoI

Has anyone heard results from smt in less than 3 weeks?

If you haven't done anything naughty all should be grand so no need to worrry as you should know it will come back clear.

If you haven't done anything naughty all should be grand so no need to worrry as you should know it will come back clear.

Yea just don't want to be checking emails every day for the next week if the standard reply is 3 weeks for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭GW88

Got the call

GW88 wrote: »
    Got the call
    Happy for you fella

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

Got the call
    Fantastic!!

Nik9, Faugha, Belfast_22 you's get it as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 ktrsd

Got the call
    Great! Well done. Hard work paying off! Whereabouts were you on the merit list?

Got the call

Woop woop woop woop woop

Think that's them gwtting the 1509 stragglers outta the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

Got the call. GW88 I'll see you on the inside buddy.

Are you both 1509 guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Daisy04

Rossco22 wrote: »
    Brilliant news, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

Great to hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

Are you both 1509 guys?
    No mate, 1710.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mb91

Great news Rossco! Congrats! Where were you on merit list?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

I know i said i was taking a break from this but just had to come on and say im looking forward to seeing some of yous in Aug!! :D:D

Advertisement