Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Talk about rapid turnover folks. Not to many folk will stray this time round.

NiK9 wrote: »
    I know i said i was taking a break from this but just had to come on and say im looking forward to seeing some of yous in Aug!! :D:D

That notice draft email sent aye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

I know i said i was taking a break from this but just had to come on and say im looking forward to seeing some of yous in Aug!! :D:D
    You get a call fella?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

That notice draft email sent aye?

Haha not yet. I'm not giving them more notice than I have to. Not because I want to be a d**k but because I have a feeling they will make my life hell the last few weeks trying to get me to find my own replacement.

You get a call fella?

Yea bud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

Mb91 wrote: »
    Rossco22 wrote: »
    Got the call. GW88 I'll see you on the inside buddy.

Great news Rossco! Congrats! Where were you on merit list?
    Thanks folks, appreciate it! I was top 15 buddy.

Unreal mate, looking forward to meeting you!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Daisy04

Delighted for you, well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Big congrats guys well done. Enjoy sunny GV.

Almost a 3 year wait from application for GW88 in 1509.. I bet that was the best damn phone call in your life. Enjoy pal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Almost a 3 year wait from application for GW88 in 1509.. I bet that was the best damn phone call in your life. Enjoy pal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭GW88

Something like that, few set backs but hey worth the wait

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

Nik9, Faugha, Belfast_22 you's get it as well?

Not as yet ... maybe tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 32 belfast_22

Faugha wrote: »

Not yet mate haven’t got smt back so I’m thinking more September unless I get a really quick turnaround for smt

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Scammy21

belfast_22 wrote: »

Not yet mate haven’t got smt back so I’m thinking more September unless I get a really quick turnaround for smt

Is 3 weeks the standard to hear back or have people heard within a week? I'm same as you. In top 20 but waiting on smt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Congrats everyone who got the call! Great way to start the week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 belfast_22

Scammy21 wrote: »
    belfast_22 wrote: »

Is 3 weeks the standard to hear back or have people heard within a week? I'm same as you. In top 20 but waiting on smt

Been told it takes a week then someone else said two then another three so I’m literally just going to take it day by day. Happy days being in top 20 I’m sub 120 but in ft2 so could be others in between us who haven’t been fastracked

If it weren’t for this forum how would we know about “the calls”?, I struggle to have my phone with me or in earshot during the working day and I wondered what others who were clueless about calls or expecting an email would do. I’d you miss the call donthey bypass you and move onto the next person

If it weren’t for this forum how would we know about “the calls”?, I struggle to have my phone with me or in earshot during the working day and I wondered what others who were clueless about calls or expecting an email would do. I’d you miss the call donthey bypass you and move onto the next person

Pretty sure they email you to ring them.

Will leave you a discret voice mail to contact them

Will leave you a discret voice mail to contact them

Pretty sure they email you to ring them.

Thank goodness, I’m terrified of dropping my phone into the fryers in work or accidentally battering it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Gee2

Congratulations to those who got the call. Best of luck.

Great to see such a quick process unfolding.

I’m guessing it is, but is that an Aug intake today?

Gee2 wrote: »
    Congratulations to those who got the call. Best of luck.

Great to see such a quick process unfolding.

I’m guessing it is, but is that an Aug intake today?
    Is indeed my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

Congratulations to all who got the call today and best of luck for GV :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Slo18

Anyone who wears glasses or contact lenses had a medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Belroo99

Slo18 wrote: »
    Yeah, you're going to have to be pretty blind for it to cause any bother

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Daisy04

Not yet, but a bit concerned about this as my optician said I am borderline without my glasses/lenses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Daisy04 wrote: »
    Not yet, but a bit concerned about this as my optician said I am borderline without my glasses/lenses.

I think banterbus posted the minimum requirements unaided last week re glasses not being worn at the test.

Daisy04 wrote: »

You’ll be fine, I forgot my glasses and was able to read tothe bottom line no issues

I wouldn’t get too stressed. I forgot my glasses and had myself beat but I was able to read to the bottom line unaided

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Slo18

Thanks guys. My eyesight isn’t the worst but not sure how good/bad they have to be.

Advertisement