Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Nap702 wrote: »
    Or consider this.

All of us still here are still in this campaign. Its exciting and we all eager to push on. The forum lights up when one of us gets good news whether that's PCA dates, the call or whatever that may be.

There are people here got there online learning the next day after they passed PCA, there is others that didn't. The process isn't consistent. Who knows when the next update for what ever group will be.

For all you know someone may have rang 101 this morning and got told more up to date information regarding the online learning. Unrealistic I know but it's not impossible.

Also why dont you have some manners and just reply "No mate, the other group that's ahead of you haven't passed there deadline."

Would that be too much to ask?

Nah. It's the internet. People are going to effing hate you and you willbe on the receiving end of so much hatred that you can't avoid.

You can avoid getting annoyed by me by ignoring me. Problem solved. Not going to alter my ways due to someone gettinf rubbed up the wrong way.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ktrsd

Don't feed the troll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

Or consider this.

All of us still here are still in this campaign. Its exciting and we all eager to push on. The forum lights up when one of us gets good news whether that's PCA dates, the call or whatever that may be.

There are people here got there online learning the next day after they passed PCA, there is others that didn't. The process isn't consistent. Who knows when the next update for what ever group will be.

For all you know someone may have rang 101 this morning and got told more up to date information regarding the online learning. Unrealistic I know but it's not impossible.

Also why dont you have some manners and just reply "No mate, the other group that's ahead of you haven't passed there deadline."

Nah. It's the internet. People are going to effing hate you and you willbe on the receiving end of so much hatred that you can't avoid.

You can avoid getting annoyed by me by ignoring me. Problem solved. Not going to alter my ways due to someone gettinf rubbed up the wrong way.

No one in here dislike anyone bar you because your a tool. Your rude. You have pissed so many people off.

Be honest how many people have you argued with?

And this whole 'its internet, people will hate you,' ballack's. Get that idea out if your head.

I ( i also know I speak for others) really appreciate everyone in this forum. There been information shared that's help get me this far. And if I make it to GV majority of people that shared information or asked a same question which I also had, I always be in their debt for the help.

Or consider this.

No one in here dislike anyone bar you because your a tool. Your rude. You have pissed so many people off.

And this whole 'its internet, people will hate you,' ballack's. Get that idea out if your head.

I ( i also know I speak for others) really appreciate everyone in this forum. There been information shared that's help get me this far. And if I make it to GV majority of people that shared information or asked a same question which I also had, I always be in their debt for the help.

I meant people will hate you in the job.

I have pissed you off? So?

What's your point? You're an adult, deal with it.

Instead of whinging just ignore me?

I havr never hid the fact that I will wind you up if you let me.

Or consider this.

Yea am an adult and your a child. You need to grow up son

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

Or consider this.

I just can’t understand your need to be so rude. If you don’t have anything nice or constructive to say why bother

Or consider this.

I just can’t understand your need to be so rude. If you don’t have anything nice or constructive to say why bother

I say plenty of constructive things.

I am blunt, i make no excuse for that. I am straight to the point and my bluntness is considered to be rude by folk, it's not intentional. But i'm not gonna apologise for it.

I am also a wind up merchant, that's not a need at this point as you folk have said Nap keeps feeding me.

Apologises fellow boardies, that's me done for now until cheeky ballack's cuts someone else down.

P.s Banterbus lol how dare you name yourself that. You have let Banter gods down a bucket full.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

No one thought you's would be getting into those bottle green trousers this soon.

Hats off to you and well done.

Gonna be the slowest 8 weeks or so of your lives 😂😂😂

Very impressed with the speed of this campaign! The next few weeks in work will drag for sure and the notice letters will be drafted asap

Notice in at 10am. A week off after I finish work and then a holiday booked for fortnight before we start all sorted by 12 noon lol. I’ve been waiting for this day for far too long to work up to the death. The mortgage can wait lol

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

Malonegirl96 - Your inbox is full

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Faugha wrote: »
    No one thought you's would be getting into those bottle green trousers this soon.

Very impressed with the speed of this campaign! The next few weeks in work will drag for sure and the notice letters will be drafted asap

Notice in at 10am. A week off after I finish work and then a holiday booked for fortnight before we start all sorted by 12 noon lol. I’ve been waiting for this day for far too long to work up to the death. The mortgage can wait lol

Yeehaa! That’s how you do it lol. Enjoy your weeks off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

Great to hear! I've a bit of leave to use as well but I will have to work a few weeks yet!
    Will be hard to keep the head down and not act like Tom Cruise when he went on Oprah.

Great to hear! I've a bit of leave to use as well but I will have to work a few weeks yet!
    Will be hard to keep the head down and not act like Tom Cruise when he went on Oprah.

Had to YouTube that mate and bang on sums up the mood today - woooahh

Had to YouTube that mate and bang on sums up the mood today - woooahh

Try not to dance all day 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ldngal18

I'll also see you lovely peeps in august!!

I'm currently mulling over when to have my last day at work - I suppose it would be prudent to take at least a couple of weeks off before the long slog begins...
    Faugha You sound like you have a plan there :)

ldngal18 wrote: »

I'm currently mulling over when to have my last day at work - I suppose it would be prudent to take at least a couple of weeks off before the long slog begins...

Do you get overtime?

Just do loads then enjoy a good bit off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

I have literally the same plan for when/if I get the call. Enjoy and good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

Malonegirl96 - Your inbox is full
    Just deleted lots lol

Congratulations. Yeah it had to be done. Rarely am I so spontaneous but I felt if I don’t do it now the chances are I never will. Go on and treat yourself ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Congratulations. Yeah it had to be done. Rarely am I so spontaneous but I felt if I don’t do it now the chances are I never will. Go on and treat yourself ..
    Well done again fella

• Advertisement

Well done again fella

Thanks pal, I hope you guys aren’t waiting too long as it really is such a horrible experience, hoping that everyday brings fresh news. I think that’s why we so so much repetition or reiteration of questions on here, we all just want that glimmer of hope or extra piece of knowledge. We’re all like kids at Christmas I think

Well done again fella

Thanks pal, I hope you guys aren’t waiting too long as it really is such a horrible experience, hoping that everyday brings fresh news. I think that’s why we so so much repetition or reiteration of questions on here, we all just want that glimmer of hope or extra piece of knowledge. We’re all like kids at Christmas I think

You will be a kid at xmas opening that box of kit 😂😂ðŸ˜

Well done again fella

Nicely put, congrats to all who have got the call this week.

Looking forward to a familiarisation myself very soon.

Well done again fella

Nicely put, congrats to all who have got the call this week.

Looking forward to a familiarisation myself very soon.
    Any questions about it, feel free to pm me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

You’re right it is a long wait. The thought of having to wait to more than likely after Christmas to even do my PCA is really frustrating. But I’ll suck it up and seeing you all get start dates keeps me motivated to keep chugging along in my awful job lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Loremaster Teclis

Faugha same, notice in, on to lastminute.com (other holiday sites are available) for a break before the work begins for real. 

Faugha same, notice in, on to lastminute.com (other holiday sites are available) for a break before the work begins for real. 

I'd recommend travel Republic personally, always got great deals on it

Expedia.ca. or .us.

Even with the exchange rate does well for cheap stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 HankSchrader1

Congrats to everyone who has got the call - I’m waiting and I’m so happy to see you lot make progress!

I wonder how many are in this intake and how far down the merit list they got - I’m in the lower end of the top 100 and Have everything crossed for September intake! Was the timeframe between calls 5/6 weeks in previous campaigns?

Impatiently waiting! Haha

• Advertisement

Congrats to everyone who has got the call - I’m waiting and I’m so happy to see you lot make progress!

I wonder how many are in this intake and how far down the merit list they got - I’m in the lower end of the top 100 and Have everything crossed for September intake! Was the timeframe between calls 5/6 weeks in previous campaigns?

Impatiently waiting! Haha

I wouldn't be surprised if you got August keep that phone handy

Advertisement