Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Gee2 wrote: »
    Gee2 wrote: »
    I hope the districts you want are available guys being the creme de la creme lol

You’re very chatty for someone who fell a few hurdles ago.

What's your point?

I'm not a bitter person so not gonna go all sheepish because I failed a test lol.

You may not be a bitter person, but there comes a time when “banter” starts to look like a touch of jealousy and you are now in that territory. That’s my point.

Best of luck with your next application.

Ok. I'm not jealous either 😂

I would prefer to get in when i'm ready lol. Obviously this time I wasn't. Maybe I didn't prep well enough. Maybe I didn't read the questions? Who knows? No point in focusing on failures as that's just dangerous and unhealthy.

Seeing you's all get through at this speed gives me hope for the future.

You's passed the test, I didn't. No one died, the world didn't end, my life is in no way affected.

I have the integrity to understand that merit means exactly that.

Why waste time being jealous on something I can't change?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

Guys, I'm all for a bit of craic on this but can we try and not start another back and forth on this.

I get there are personalities on here and everyone is at different stages, but it's helping no one, especially new people coming on board, to see pages and pages of no real content other than back and forths.

Also...... Think of the poor phones constantly beeping from these posts and filling my poor email account ;)

Hello I want to repeat this.

Find it hard that I meet a few lukers today. Maybe some want to keep out of this for security etc that's grand. The hard bit is people admitting they dont post as the dont want a negative reply. No one is better or more privilege to comment here than anyone else. I dont care if your have family in the force or you got fast tracked or think you know the whole process. Fact. I know banter can be a tool but I hope after yesterday he knows now not to jump down people's throat. And hate to admit he does know a good bit which can help us all.

Look from now one no one gets negative comments, it ends now.

Deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

Online learning emails sent out for some of ft3 pca recent passes

****IN RIGHT THEY WERE! MON TA ****.

lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Confusedas wrote: »
    Online learning emails sent out for some of ft3 pca recent passes

****IN RIGHT THEY WERE! MON TA ****.

lol.
    Lol my thoughts exactly

• Advertisement

Nap702 wrote: »
    Guys, I'm all for a bit of craic on this but can we try and not start another back and forth on this.

I get there are personalities on here and everyone is at different stages, but it's helping no one, especially new people coming on board, to see pages and pages of no real content other than back and forths.

Also...... Think of the poor phones constantly beeping from these posts and filling my poor email account ;)

Find it hard that I meet a few lukers today. Maybe some want to keep out of this for security etc that's grand. The hard bit is people admitting they dont post as the dont want a negative reply. No one is better or more privilege to comment here than anyone else. I dont care if your have family in the force or you got fast tracked or think you know the whole process. Fact. I know banter can be a tool but I hope after yesterday he knows now not to jump down people's throat. And hate to admit he does know a good bit which can help us all.

Deal?

Aye i'll take 30 seconds more to check myself, and me an ML515 have learned to have banter in PM.

But if another lunatic comes on digging for info and asking "what glock do you's carry, donyou's get plasma rifles" I won't be able to help myself.

Deal?

Aye i'll take 30 seconds more to check myself, and me an ML515 have learned to have banter in PM.

But if another lunatic comes on digging for info and asking "what glock do you's carry, donyou's get plasma rifles" I won't be able to help myself.

Thats fair

Guys my top tips from today.

Dont try everything once do it 2/3 different ways.

Also another tip is watch others. Some people have great ways to do parts of the course.

Also shout out to the girls that can do the crawl bit by running through it bent over. That's super quick. I was amazed at that.

Also another tip is watch others. Some people have great ways to do parts of the course.

Also shout out to the girls that can do the crawl bit by running through it bent over. That's super quick. I was amazed at that.

Can't oil up and belly slide?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

I bet ya were lol

• Advertisement

Faugha wrote: »

I bet ya were lol

Lol lol lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Deal?

Lol plasma rifles. Reminds me of the old goldeneye game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

Shoutout the shirt girls over here lol

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ChillFactor

Is the PCA the exact layout as the instructional video provided online?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

Deal?

In addition to this there is also some people who have over stepped the mark in response to banterbus, name calling and also singling others out for asking 'silly questions'. As much as it's difficult not to bite at times and yes people should be challenged for inappropriate behaviour but don't let it bring out the worst and let yourself down.

Thanks

I would say yes from what I saw today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

Thanks

It is exactly the same. The only thing I wouldn't trust is your doll's pace through it.

Thanks

I would say yes from what I saw today.

Same layout but that video is deceiving

Nap did you have familiarisation today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

Definitely you’ll be going as fast as you can around it lol

• Advertisement

Lily79 wrote: »
    Nap did you have familiarisation today?

Lol I have sworn an oaf of privacy lol if I told you that I have to kill you etc etc eYtEcS ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Slo18

I don’t know if it put my mind at ease or not seeing the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ze0tech

Slo18 wrote: »

How come, is it harder looking than you thought. Does it fill the gym so to speak. Which makes the run to the start of a lap seem longer that the video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Slo18

Ze0tech wrote: »
    Slo18 wrote: »

How come, is it harder looking than you thought. Does it fill the gym so to speak. Which makes the run to the start of a lap seem longer that the video

The height of the wall compared to me 🙈 wouldn’t say it filled the gym but spread out a good bit. Glad I went and seen it tho.

Also the current top of the EO2 pay scale is £25225 so as a dispatcher with 20% allowance that translates as max £30270 vs a top rate con £38328 plus NITA so £41553...

Is there no shift allowances at all for cons?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

Mb91 wrote: »
    Probably worrying over nothing, but have any of the folk who got calls received paperwork/emails out yet?
    Not yet buddy

Also the current top of the EO2 pay scale is £25225 so as a dispatcher with 20% allowance that translates as max £30270 vs a top rate con £38328 plus NITA so £41553...

Nope it's in your contract.

Just overtime. Casual overtime i.e. shift runs over, 1st 30 mins is unpaid.

If you get an over time shift in another station in your district you'll get mileage as it's not your normal place of work.

If you get an over time shift in another station in your district you'll get mileage as it's not your normal place of work.

It’s really quite poor given the job and anti social hours but what can we do bar suck it up

It’s really quite poor given the job and anti social hours but what can we do bar suck it up

Like I said if you are money driven then it isn't the job for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Blue_Line

Got the call!

Advertisement