Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Blue_Line wrote: »
    Got the call!
    Good man or woman yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 32 belfast_22

Got the call!

Did you get it today? Congratulations

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

Got the call!

Congratulations - August?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Slo18

Got the call!

Massive congrats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Got the call!

Brilliant well done! :D

• Advertisement

Should we start a separate page for tracking everyone who has got a call? Each month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Should we start a separate page for tracking everyone who has got a call? Each month?

Crack on, you are the man with the plan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Blue_Line

Faugha wrote: »
    Got the call!

August!! :) Thanks everyone for your support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Blue_Line

belfast_22 wrote: »
    Got the call!

Did you get it today? Congratulations
    Many thanks! Got the call today yes. Just as I thought the calls were finished for the August batch..

Done, I'll be the doing guy for a change rather then just the ideas guy. It'll give us a bit of an idea who is getting in each month if we can get it going.

• Advertisement

Got the call!

August!! :)

See you Early August then, congratulations. This must be a huge intake

Got the call!

August!! :)

See you Early August then, congratulations. This must be a huge intake

Done, I'll be the doing guy for a change rather then just the ideas guy. It'll give us a bit of an idea who is getting in each month if we can get it going.

Good idea bud, the older pages for starting GV safe a bit out dated now so will give us a place to bash out questions etc

Good idea bud, the older pages for starting GV safe a bit out dated now so will give us a place to bash out questions etc
    That's it updated on the main page - be sure to post if you're missing - I went through 20 pages very quickly to get them names and may have missed some.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Wanabepeeler1

Hi, long term lurker... long term wanabe peeler lol

Just a quick one. Has anyone had trouble getting their GP to sign the medical form?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

Just a quick one. Has anyone had trouble getting their GP to sign the medical form?

Yes and No. I had to leave mine in with the surgery. Called today to see if it will be long in getting sorted. Typical NHS response of “ohhhh it could be a while”. Listen love, need thon filled out sharpish. Cheers (is what I wish I had said). The only option I may have to take is make an appointment but my medical could literally come before I get an appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ktrsd

I rang them up first of all, spoke with the receptionist and tried to explain in a roundabout way without giving too much away what I was after. 
    They had originally misunderstood me to think that I was looking for the GP to clear me to do the new job himself and they had explained that that isn't something they do. I had tried to explain that all I was looking was for him to sign a form which was basically a medical questionnaire as it's the internal medical assessor who deems me to be fit or not etc. 
    Ended up leaving it into the local practice in an envelope addressed to him to complete. Took a few days and cost ~£40.

Confusedas wrote: »

Yes and No. I had to leave mine in with the surgery. Called today to see if it will be long in getting sorted. Typical NHS response of “ohhhh it could be a while”. Listen love, need thon filled out sharpish. Cheers (is what I wish I had said). The only option I may have to take is make an appointment but my medical could literally come before I get an appointment.

My practice have said they wont do it as they aren't 'qualified' to fill out occupation health forms and also because it asks if they think the qpplicant is fit to undergo physical exerstion.. i told them to think about it again and i will ring my gp and speak to them myself.

My practice have said they wont do it as they aren't 'qualified' to fill out occupation health forms and also because it asks if they think the qpplicant is fit to undergo physical exerstion.. i told them to think about it again and i will ring my gp and speak to them myself.

I would imagine they are required to complete it for you. Surely they’re obligated to?

That's it updated on the main page - be sure to post if you're missing - I went through 20 pages very quickly to get them names and may have missed some.
    Did you make a page? What’s the title

• Advertisement

Same difficulties I met. Just press them and suggest you leave the form in addressed to the GP. Write out a covering letter stating any questions/problems contact me on 077xxxxxxx. Should be fine!

I would imagine they are required to complete it for you. Surely they’re obligated to?

Thats what i asked the receptionist.. apparently not as her words to me where 'we do not work for any outside comoany. We are NHS staff and we only do selected forms and this is not one of them' i think the receptionist was just being a bit of a noob. So i left the forms with her and as i said i will ring and sprak with my GP personally.. bloody nightmare lol

Thats what i asked the receptionist.. apparently not as her words to me where 'we do not work for any outside comoany. We are NHS staff and we only do selected forms and this is not one of them' i think the receptionist was just being a bit of a noob. So i left the forms with her and as i said i will ring and sprak with my GP personally.. bloody nightmare lol
    Sounds like a typical jobsworth lol

Did you make a page? What’s the title

Should be on main psni recruitment page.

https://www.boards.ie/b/thread/2057884207?fuid=0

ktrsd wrote: »

Same difficulties I met. Just press them and suggest you leave the form in addressed to the GP. Write out a covering letter stating any questions/problems contact me on 077xxxxxxx. Should be fine!

I would ask them as to why they feel they aren't qualified? Sloping shoulders, explain that the form is just more or less them copying what your records say?

Easier just to land on them and be polite yet forceful.

Sounds like a jobs worth. Any way you can speak directly to your doctor? Maybe they’ll be more clued in.

I would ask them as to why they feel they aren't qualified? Sloping shoulders, explain that the form is just more or less them copying what your records say?

I asked if my GP cant do it is there a way i can go private to get it done. To which she replied 'yes there are companies that will do it' to which i replied 'but how can they look at my medical files etc' she just replied with a blank face lol

I will try and put a bit of pressure on them and fingers crossed its all just a missunderstanding

I asked if my GP cant do it is there a way i can go private to get it done. To which she replied 'yes there are companies that will do it' to which i replied 'but how can they look at my medical files etc' she just replied with a blank face lol

I will try and put a bit of pressure on them and fingers crossed its all just a missunderstanding

"Listen Linda, i'll pay for it and the GP can do it after hours it'll take him no time at all, also Linda this falls under GDPR so i'll not be paying more than x"

I have had several medicals reference a part time job but now it's an in service medical now instead of splashing money needlessly at a GP.

• Advertisement

I rang them up first of all, spoke with the receptionist and tried to explain in a roundabout way without giving too much away what I was after. 
    They had originally misunderstood me to think that I was looking for the GP to clear me to do the new job himself and they had explained that that isn't something they do. I had tried to explain that all I was looking was for him to sign a form which was basically a medical questionnaire as it's the internal medical assessor who deems me to be fit or not etc. 
    Ended up leaving it into the local practice in an envelope addressed to him to complete. Took a few days and cost ~£40.

I had the same problem. Woman in the place though I wanted the doctor to complete the physical for me. Goes to show they don’t get these requests all to often.

Advertisement