Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ktrsd

Well paid for what is essentially a simple transcription of information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

I wouldn't waste my time trying to explain to receptionists. I'm not sure how others medical centres work but mine you can only make an appointment for the following week. Otherwise it's first come first serve in the morning by calling them.
    I had my PCA on a wed. And the thur morning I called the .medical centre at 08.30 saying I needed to meet with the gp. I didn't tell them anything about what it was. Got an appointment for 11.30.
    Walked into the gp office apologised for wasting an appointment time but I needed the form filled in that week. Took 5 mins I walked out and he didn't even charge me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

I'm just thankful my family has known the staff in the doctors for nearly 25 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ktrsd

If I had have known, you's could have brought my forms in along with you's!!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

My tuppence worth is that once I had my PCA date I booked a slot with my GP for the day after. Cockiness our confidence, decide as you will but I wasn’t leaving anything to chance. My doctors can be a bit backwards but the GP was more than helpful, didn’t charge and in fact asked kids of questions and wished me well in my new career.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Faugha wrote: »
    My tuppence worth is that once I had my PCA date I booked a slot with my GP for the day after. Cockiness our confidence, decide as you will but I wasn’t leaving anything to chance. My doctors can be a bit backwards but the GP was more than helpful, didn’t charge and in fact asked kids of questions and wished me well in my new career.

Seems to be the best way just be forward and book an appointment. If they don’t like doing it in an appointment time, well what odds as long as you get the forms filled in

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hopefulsam

Hi, i’m another newcomer who will be walking through the gates in august. Looking forward to meeting the rest of you guys and girls. This site is a great source of encouragement and information, thankyou to all the members, and well done and good luck for the rest of the journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ChillFactor

I haven’t been able to find a straight answer anywhere. Does anybody know the number being recruited in the current campaign. I’ve seen lots of guess work but with the recent calls anybody know anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Waiting88

I haven’t been able to find a straight answer anywhere. Does anybody know the number being recruited in the current campaign. I’ve seen lots of guess work but with the recent calls anybody know anymore?

1052 passed the assessment centre so if the exhaust the list then I assume this amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ldngal18

@chill factor I think there was someone on here who is in the 80s on the merit list who got a call this week for august. So august is probably bigger than 50. They are doing 8 intakes by their own admission on this campaign so anywhere from 400 to potentially 800 if the intakes are mahoosive.
    It probably just depends on money (lkke everything else).

• Advertisement

Obviously depending on people failing remaining sections

I haven’t had my morning coffee... in hindsight my answer was stupid haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

I don't think the PSNI know themselves tbh

ldngal18 wrote: »
    @chill factor I think there was someone on here who is in the 80s on the merit list who got a call this week for august. So august is probably bigger than 50. They are doing 8 intakes by their own admission on this campaign so anywhere from 400 to potentially 800 if the intakes are mahoosive.

So hard to get an answer I’ve emailed in to ask the question however no response. Numbers mustn’t be confirmed or they would have released them.

The merit list email says depending on operational demand so I guess it depends on budget and how many people pass all the stages really.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 belfast_22

ldngal18 wrote: »

you could have people though who are 1-80 on the merit list who may have not got there vetting back yet or failed pca first time round and that’s when it goes to who’s appointable rather than list order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

belfast_22 wrote: »
    you could have people though who are 1-80 on the merit list who may have not got there vetting back yet or failed pca first time round and that’s when it goes to who’s appointable rather than list order.

Glad someone said it.

Confusedas wrote: »

Glad someone said it.
    He beat me to it. I'm guessing it's not the massive classes, it's more to do with pca fails, medical fails, missing online learning, waiting on vetting still........ Also not everyone getting the call is a boardie so we are really just guessing.

Out of the top 100 I'd safely assume that 20% aren't in it anymore for one reason or another and there will still be some waiting to resit pca or waiting on vetting.

Glad someone said it.
    He beat me to it. I'm guessing it's not the massive classes, it's more to do with pca fails, medical fails, missing online learning, waiting on vetting still........ Also not everyone getting the call is a boardie so we are really just guessing.

Out of the top 100 I'd safely assume that 20% aren't in it anymore for one reason or another and there will still be some waiting to resit pca or waiting on vetting.

I know of a guy in the 70’s on merit list from FT3 who should have had a call but hadn’t completed his online learning, left it to the deadline. Mental

Glad someone said it.

I know of a guy in the 70’s on merit list from FT3 who should have had a call but hadn’t completed his online learning, left it to the deadline. Mental

Ft3? Has he had his medical yet? I'm ft3 with a load of others and none of us have had our medical yet I think.

• Advertisement

Glad someone said it.

Ft3? Has he had his medical yet? I'm ft3 with a load of others and none of us have had our medical yet I think.

Sorry what do you mean by FT3?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

Now that you said that, if I get online learning I going to do asap

Glad someone said it.

Thanks

Final group of fast tracked persons

Glad someone said it.

Thanks

Fast track 3. Before the ac results came out, thereabouts, there were 3 phases of emails sent out to high scorers who had definitely passed. Ft3 was the latest phase so we are the ones who are the least through the process but ahead of those who only just got their merit place and pca dates.

Glad someone said it.

Thanks

Final group of fast tracked persons

Cheers 👌

Glad someone said it.

Thanks

Fast track 3. Before the ac results came out, thereabouts, there were 3 phases of emails sent out to high scorers who had definitely passed. Ft3 was the latest phase so we are the ones who are the least through the process but ahead of those who only just got their merit place and pca dates.

I don’t he’s medical passed. He’s a friend of a friend who’s also in the process.

Glad someone said it.

Thanks

I don’t he’s medical passed. He’s a friend of a friend who’s also in the process.

What was the gap between medical and PCA for the FT3 people? 4 weeks?

Nap702 wrote: »

Glad someone said it.

Thanks

What was the gap between medical and PCA for the FT3 people? 4 weeks?

5-8 weeks based on the ones I know and myself.

Someone got a call today over 110 in the merit list.

Was thinking earlier. I know people would disagree as it can be frustrating having to wait but how nice would it be to be in the waiting room. Passed all the PSNI can chuck at you and now your just sitting there with a big smile waiting to be called.

Congrats everyone again who is that far.

• Advertisement

Nap702 wrote: »
    Someone got a call today over 110 in the merit list.

Was thinking earlier. I know people would disagree as it can be frustrating having to wait but how nice would it be to be in the waiting room. Passed all the PSNI can chuck at you and now your just sitting there with a big smile waiting to be called.

Congrats everyone again who is that far.

Best feeling ever mate. The futures bright with the start date confirmed

Advertisement