Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Slo18

Faugha wrote: »
    Nap702 wrote: »
    Someone got a call today over 110 in the merit list.

Was thinking earlier. I know people would disagree as it can be frustrating having to wait but how nice would it be to be in the waiting room. Passed all the PSNI can chuck at you and now your just sitting there with a big smile waiting to be called.

Congrats everyone again who is that far.

Best feeling ever mate. The futures bright with the start date confirmed

Hopefully our day will come soon enough and then we can have those big grins too

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

Slo18 wrote: »

Was thinking earlier. I know people would disagree as it can be frustrating having to wait but how nice would it be to be in the waiting room. Passed all the PSNI can chuck at you and now your just sitting there with a big smile waiting to be called.

Hopefully our day will come soon enough and then we can have those big grins too

At the rate they’re working through you won’t be waiting long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Slo18

Slo18 wrote: »

At the rate they’re working through you won’t be waiting long.

Hopefully not. Pca soon so hope they keep up the pace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

At this point I wonder if there's something that only the Home Office, Secretary of State for NI and the PSNI senior command team know that no one else knows.

I fully believe that this is change that should have came in years ago, 1509 people wouldn't have had to wait almost 3 years.

We know about the people retiring but maybe PSNI is having it's max number of Officers extended. Or is it to plug in gaps and then build?

If you are on the list no matter where you have placed I suspect you have a good shout.

Thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Arniez12

At this point I wonder if there's something that only the Home Office, Secretary of State for NI and the PSNI senior command team know that no one else knows.

I fully believe that this is change that should have came in years ago, 1509 people wouldn't have had to wait almost 3 years.

We know about the people retiring but maybe PSNI is having it's max number of Officers extended. Or is it to plug in gaps and then build?

If you are on the list no matter where you have placed I suspect you have a good shout.

Thoughts?

That would be great if that was the case, however it’s hard to ignore the fact the timescales don’t add up. If autumn recruitment goes ahead a new merit list will be released before this one can be exhausted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Arniez12

Thoughts?

That would be great if that was the case, however it’s hard to ignore the fact the timescales don’t add up. If autumn recruitment goes ahead a new merit list will be released before this one can be exhausted

It doesn't make sense to sta a 2018 campaign though. They have a list of potential people, the expense has already be spent on them why do it all again?

Why not start the next campaign May 2019? Would that not make more sense?

It woulld also negate folk who didnt fail any stage applying again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Doubt it, if people want it bad enough they will keep trying. Fs we can't even get rid of you hahahaha.

NiK9 wrote: »

Doubt it, if people want it bad enough they will keep trying. Fs we can't even get rid of you hahahaha.

Love it lol

• Advertisement

Love it lol

Love you ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

I wounder if 'anotherhopeful' could help us out with squad numbers and anything GV related.

After all he/she was the first to mention an August intake and was right about it.

I wounder if 'anotherhopeful' could help us out with squad numbers and anything GV related.

After all he/she was the first to mention an August intake and was right about it.

None of us will know about numbers until the induction.

And none of you knew about what month would be your intake until the calls went out.

But a good few weeks before the calls Anotherhopeful was confident it was August. This person knows stuff.

And none of you knew about what month would be your intake until the calls went out.

But a good few weeks before the calls Anotherhopeful was confident it was August. This person knows stuff.

People had been saying June or Aug for months. Was always a 50% chance of being right lol. I said to Faugha a good few weeks ago in a DM that calls would be coming out on the 18th. Thu k I also mentioned it In a post. I was right, doesn't mean I "know stuff" lol.
    This is the first class of 1710 so no one will know anything about it until induction we can't go by other campaigns since ours has been so diff.

May also be able to tell us all this Saturdays nights lotto numbers

People had been saying June or Aug for months. Was always a 50% chance of being right lol. I said to Faugha a good few weeks ago in a DM that calls would be coming out on the 18th. Thu k I also mentioned it In a post. I was right, doesn't mean I "know stuff" lol.
    This is the first class of 1710 so no one will know anything about it until induction we can't go by other campaigns since ours has been so diff.

So with it being a new campaign do not think they had mixed the last 15/09 and start if 17/10?

So with it being a new campaign do not think they had mixed the last 15/09 and start if 17/10?

Yea it had been mentioned a few times by a few diff people about mixing the classes. Think banter mentioned it recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭GW88

I’m 1509 so can confirm it’s a silly mixture with 3 from the top and 2 from the bottom lol

• Advertisement

I was thinking about this earlier. My head is pickled with Boards. Think am addicted lol lol keep refreshing the page every 2 minutes. Sad life. Its starting to piss me off. I have no reason to be checking as I know when my next stage is and what needs done.

So, going off this until after PCA, good luck everyone in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tigger19

Hi All - Another long term lurker here.
    I have passed my PCA, have a date for Medical, Completed Online Learning and sit between 210 and 250 on the merit list.

Have my fingers and toes crossed that it all works out successfully.

Glad to now be part of the forum as this has been a great source of information to date.

From my reading, it seems to be classes of ~80 beginning in August so anyone in same boat as me is looking at an October/November Start. Would that be correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

We don't know it's a class of 80. I think we are assuming this based just on merit score places.

GW88 wrote: »

I’m 1509 so can confirm it’s a silly mixture with 3 from the top and 2 from the bottom lol

Sorry if I sound thick but I don’t understand?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 belfast_22

Tigger19 wrote: »
    Hi All - Another long term lurker here.
    I have passed my PCA, have a date for Medical, Completed Online Learning and sit between 210 and 250 on the merit list.

Have my fingers and toes crossed that it all works out successfully.

Glad to now be part of the forum as this has been a great source of information to date.

From my reading, it seems to be classes of ~80 beginning in August so anyone in same boat as me is looking at an October/November Start. Would that be correct?

*Disclaimer* I don’t need anymore about the process than the rest of you guys do so I could be wrong about this, if we look at the 1509 campaign moreso towards the end I remember reading that the last few sets of calls happened each month so I think courses run every 4ish weeks? So potential September start for some

Thoughts?

We could be the BSG - brexit support group and getting sent to man border crossings lol

Thoughts?

We could be the BSG - brexit support group and getting sent to man border crossings lol

Thon NI Border Agency

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

We don't know it's a class of 80. I think we are assuming this based just on merit score places.

A squad of 80 isn't going to happen. They don't have the space or the manpower for the lessons. Generally squads are around 50 people which is then broken down into 3 classes which is more manageable for them. Some people will have jumped their merit place because others have failed, dropped out, or are still waiting to become appointable.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ChillFactor

Wonder how many squads GV can cope with at any one time obviously space and resources is an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

Wonder how many squads GV can cope with at any one time obviously space and resources is an issue.

5 at a time

Advertisement