Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

JECornette wrote: »
    I’m 250-300, does that mean I’m guaranteed? Providing I become apponitable of course

I would say so... barring any apocalypse or sudden loss of public sector funds

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

I’m 250-300, does that mean I’m guaranteed? Providing I become apponitable of course

Nothing is “guaranteed” so don’t tempt fate! But providing you become appointable without your vetting taking forever etc. I’d say you’re ‘safe’?

Zombie apocalypse is always something I’ve prepped for.

ML515 wrote: »

Have you seen kickout time on a saturday in Belfast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Compulsory sessions of resident evil to prep for it?

• Advertisement

Bradbury place/Shaftesbury. Ground zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ze0tech

I'm between 400 and 450 here and it makes for disheartening reading. But no way am I giving up. Just hope people infront of me fall or give up. And I become appointable before them.

That'd be 28 days later type running and spitting zombies?

Compulsory sessions of resident evil to prep for it?

Mentally I’ve prepared myself for encountering any such event while on duty by carefully deciding where to abscond to in advance of first catagory 1 zombie call from dispatch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

That'd be 28 days later type running and spitting zombies?

Definatly not World war Z type. Even them zombies are smart enough not to go near people with "infections" lmao.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Doesany1know

Got to love northern Ireland

No government, no real steady finances planned for the ever growing need in public sector.

The psni processing over a 1000 of us with out even being able to facilitate over 300 of us.

Quite disheartening that email and sorry for the rant.

Just hope they listen to big George!

The don't moan they "yeooooo"

Ze0tech wrote: »
    I'm between 400 and 450 here and it makes for disheartening reading. But no way am I giving up. Just hope people infront of me fall or give up. And I become appointable before them.

Well that’s lovely ekk. More power to you. At least there is some silver lining to the future misery of your fellow boardie lol. I respect your honesty. Most people sign off with a very watery “Awk I hope everyone does well xx”... but nope, it’s you or me lol. Fair enough.

Well that’s lovely ekk. More power to you. At least there is some silver lining to the future misery of your fellow boardie lol. I respect your honesty. Most people sign off with a very watery “Awk I hope everyone does well xx”... but nope, it’s you or me lol. Fair enough.

Kind of positivity you need for this job. You guys are gonna see some mad and sad stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ze0tech

That really didn't come across too well did it. It's a job application process and everyone wants it. Have to look at it that way. "awk I really do hope everyone does well xox". Does that balance it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

No government, no real steady finances planned for the ever growing need in public sector.

The psni processing over a 1000 of us with out even being able to facilitate over 300 of us.

Even with a functioning government. The spending is always April to April with the tax year. So don't let them not having "guaranteed" spaces put anyone off.
    Just remember brexit happens 1 weeks before the next tax year. The gov might get a kick up the ass and decide to exhaust the list of 1710 instead of paying to look for new recruits.

That really didn't come across too well did it. It's a job application process and everyone wants it. Have to look at it that way. "awk I really do hope everyone does well xox". Does that balance it out.

Yeah that should be enough to save face and restore karma/feng shui etc

• Registered Users Posts: 45 lmcg1106

This email is nothing to panic about really. Same thing happens in all campaigns, This is just the first time they have openly communicated it.

The vast majority will get their chance at the psni stages in due course I would say

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

It's basically the same in any job you apply for. There could be 100 people apply, 75 people pass the interview but only one job which would go to the person with the highest score. It just gives them a bigger pool of people to work from

Lily79 wrote: »

It's basically the same in any job you apply for. There could be 100 people apply, 75 people pass the interview but only one job which would go to the person with the highest score. It just gives them a bigger pool of people to work from
    And a contingency in case tbey dont recruit again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

What is everybody's thought on that email . Is it the case that people in the higher merit list position are in for bad new or a long wait

How high up it are you?

Recruit 6 wrote: »
    What is everybody's thought on that email . Is it the case that people in the higher merit list position are in for bad new or a long wait

Check your PMs mate i thought you meant dispatcher email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

It's nothing. It's just to stop people calling and asking about it. It didn't say anything we didn't already know.

It's not to be worried about guys

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Peelerwannabe

I really don’t know, maybe alot of current dispatchers have been promoted leaving more vacancies than originally thought?

Also guys anyone in for dispatcher check emails.

I really don’t know, maybe alot of current dispatchers have been promoted leaving more vacancies than originally thought?

Wrong thread guys. We are all confuddled.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

Won't let me send a response to you says there is a error lol

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Peelerwannabe

Wrong thread guys. We are all confuddled.

Oops

• Advertisement

Won't let me send a response to you says there is a error lol

Make sure no emojis then button bash

Advertisement