Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Is anyone else not seeing the recent posts that are popping up in our emails?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Anotherhopeful

Nap702 wrote: »
    I wounder if 'anotherhopeful' could help us out with squad numbers and anything GV related.

After all he/she was the first to mention an August intake and was right about it.

If I can help with anything ask away I'll try my best.
    I've had a quick look through the forum I'd imagine this first squad will be about 50 in size. I'd imagine 2nd calls will go out 4-5 weeks after the first one!

I wounder if 'anotherhopeful' could help us out with squad numbers and anything GV related.

After all he/she was the first to mention an August intake and was right about it.

I've had a quick look through the forum I'd imagine this first squad will be about 50 in size. I'd imagine 2nd calls will go out 4-5 weeks after the first one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Gotmyour induction packs guys? Been shafted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

How do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Wanabepeeler1

Anyone able to tell me.. on the last 'quiz' on e learning do u have to score full marks??

Anyone able to tell me.. on the last 'quiz' on e learning do u have to score full marks??

No its 50%

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Wanabepeeler1

No its 50%

Sent u a pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Sorry for the stupid questions but does Anyone else not know any police at all and have no clue what district to choose lol? I know it’s a long way off for me but if anyone lives “west of the Bann” and wants to Pm me any advice on districts please do.

• Advertisement

Joceyjoe wrote: »
    Sorry for the stupid questions but does Anyone else not know any police at all and have no clue what district to choose lol? I know it’s a long way off for me but if anyone lives “west of the Bann” and wants to Pm me any advice on districts please do.

I'm in the same boat. Know no one in but I'll just be happy wherever I'm sent. As long as I don't end up in fermanagh lol, that'd be a big jaunt.

I'm in the same boat. Know no one in but I'll just be happy wherever I'm sent. As long as I don't end up in fermanagh lol, that'd be a big jaunt.

Lol yeah as long as it’s reasonably close without travelling hours everyday

Lol yeah as long as it’s reasonably close without travelling hours everyday

Faugha wrote: »

How do you mean?

Quite a limited selection?

Is there a list somewhere that shows the districts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Gee2

Is there a list somewhere that shows the districts?

https://www.psni.police.uk/my-area/all-districts/

How do you mean?

Due to protective markings it would be unwise to make comment

How do you mean?

Due to protective markings it would be unwise to make comment

Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Lpt?

Local policing team... sometimes called “response”. Where we’ll have to spend three years post GV.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Jaymeg

I’m confused why people are saying about picking districts because from what I’m told you are given your station on the day you enter GV and that’s that. No options and it’s assigned for you. Is this not the case?

• Advertisement

Jaymeg wrote: »
    I’m confused why people are saying about picking districts because from what I’m told you are given your station on the day you enter GV and that’s that. No options and it’s assigned for you. Is this not the case?

You can select districts of your preference if they are available but ultimately they pick.

You get the chance to make hour preferences known before you start. You will know what station you are going to while at GV. You’ll get a chance to visit your station before you start.

You can however just be told where you are going.

Yeah. That’s the bottom line. Putting forward a preference is a privilege. You have to be prepared to meet the needs of the public and go where the demand is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Its your district you're told at induction. Not your station.

NiK9 wrote: »
    Its your district you're told at induction. Not your station.

Apologies, but from that you can work out what station you’ll probably end up at? A or B station usually?

So when do you put forward your district preference? That’s good! Didn’t realise that.

So when do you put forward your district preference? That’s good! Didn’t realise that.

Preference list comes with induction pack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Yea true. But there can be a massive diff between distances for some districts. E.g..
    Coleraine & limivady are same district
    Cookstown & dungannon are same
    Ballymena & Carrick are the same.

One station could take you 30mins to drive to. Another in same district could be over 1 hour.

• Advertisement

Thanks banterbus!

Advertisement