Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭sparkylarky

Maxi515 wrote: »
    I was worried there. The PSNI don't know who we are until Deloitte hand over a merit list as far as I know. Again, the pass mark of the AC can be relative to how everyone scored. To advance people to further stages who may not make it sounds like a waste of time on their part. Phew!

But did it not say near the start of the email that the psni would be sending us out vetting forms by post?

Please note: Following this invitation to attend the Assessment Centre, you will receive correspondence directly from the PSNI (via post)

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

In the consensia days people would begin vetting etc before others had completed their ACs.

Pretty sure that bit at the end means people will receive not progressing at this time emails when the results do come out i.e top scorers first then the next batch a few months later and so on like we had in 1509.

In the consensia days people would begin vetting etc before others had completed their ACs.

Pretty sure that bit at the end means people will receive not progressing at this time emails when the results do come out i.e top scorers first then the next batch a few months later and so on like we had in 1509.

Yea that sounds more like it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Does anybody know if you can request to see the correct/wrong answers from the IST. It would be very helpful to see where I went wrong?

• Advertisement

NornIron74 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if you can request to see the correct/wrong answers from the IST. It would be very helpful to see where I went wrong?

Honestly dont know, woulnt do any harm sending them an email!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

It's the first time they've done it this way. Maybe. Before you couldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Cheers, I'll give it a go anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭TW2017

Sorry for the stupid question... If we have A-level certificates, do we bring those? Or just the required GCSE ones?... ps, hope to see you all soon.

TW2017 wrote: »
    Sorry for the stupid question... If we have A-level certificates, do we bring those? Or just the required GCSE ones?... ps, hope to see you all soon.

Just the 5 GCSEs Incl Maths + English, no more...even if you have 10 GCSEs. Brought everything and they made me give them a random 3 last time to photocopy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Cheers, I'll give it a go anyway.

Just make a subject access request under the Data Protection Act (1998)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

Weird question, I have 4 GCSES ( eng maths science and IT) and I currently have 2 AS levels going to be full A levels this year, will the compensate the missing GCSE?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rookie23

KN1231999 wrote: »
    Weird question, I have 4 GCSES ( eng maths science and IT) and I currently have 2 AS levels going to be full A levels this year, will the compensate the missing GCSE?

I'm not to sure as it doesn't state anything about further qualifications beyond GCSE's. Not much help I know but I would ring and ask..

Give what they ask for

Rookie23 wrote: »
    KN1231999 wrote: »

I'm not to sure as it doesn't state anything about further qualifications beyond GCSE's. Not much help I know but I would ring and ask..
    I'll shoot them an email, I think it should be fine realistically speaking as it counts for more than 5 GCSES lol

Mate if you stated on your application form. That you have 5 GCSEs A*-C And actually have 4, you could be disqualified.

Mate if you stated on your application form. That you have 5 GCSEs A*-C And actually have 4, you could be disqualified.
    It says (Equivalent) I I was guessing that it would be fine, because academically it would be the equivalent or more

The equivalent would be a level 2 qualification, essential skills etc.

As levels are level 3 and are so higher.

Pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 45 lmcg1106

Think equivalent refers to the irish leaving cert for those applying across the border. I would shoot deloitte an e-mail as banterbus's concern is valid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

My point is this.

You signed an accountable document stating that you have 5 GCSEs.

You then signed a confirmation that everything you stated on the application is true.

See where this going?

You’ll be fine

"Provided that you meet our eligibility criteria (i.e. have a minimum of 5 GCSEs at A*-C grade"

From Goonerdee's link

I've shot Deloitte an email, I'm thinking it's fine, as it's worth more than 5 GCSE's

There is an example further down about not having the GCSEs and they use A Levels as being acceptable

That's ok. The have seen sense. Sometimes in recruitment it's just not sorry don't meet criteria despite having a the equivalent of a degree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

On a side note, has anyone heard on the news today about the current shortage of officers and the strain it's causing on the PSNI? hopefully that encourages the PSNI to recruit more than 300 recruits.

Thanks for all the information and replies, banter and goonerdee, I've sent out an email just in case. Just so I don't worry about it. Sort of worrying now lol

• Advertisement

I used to work with a colleague was excluded from the selection process because he had 4 GCSEs 2 A levels and an OU degree.

My understanding of equivalent qualification is GCSE -> Vocational Equivalent, Essential Skills etc.

Who know's though, it may have changed.

Potentially, you could sit some sort of fast-tracked essential skills course now and have it done in time for the AC.

Advertisement