Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

The merit list numbers reached are probs due to people unable to take an August start.
    I think young banter might be right (don't tell him though, it'll go to his head) ;)

They've probably got quicker through the merit list than they thought considering how into the 100s they got with August calls.

Time will tell I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

The merit list numbers reached are probs due to people unable to take an August start.
    I think young banter might be right (don't tell him though, it'll go to his head) ;)

They've probably got quicker through the merit list than they thought considering how into the 100s they got with August calls.

Time will tell I guess

I.e. sept squad might be rather full already.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tigger19

I too have missed a call. Will they call back?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭NemesisEejit

Yeah, I didn't take into account deferred entries because I wasn't sure that they were available.

Still, I can't see why they would be looking to move dates forward if it wasn't to increase the pool of appointable candidates. Why would they spend hours phoning people if it was only to "get through the numbers quicker"? That doesn't help them unless there is a deadline by which they need a certain number of candidates ready to go.

Yeah, I didn't take into account deferred entries because I wasn't sure that they were available.

Still, I can't see why they would be looking to move dates forward if it wasn't to increase the pool of appointable candidates. Why would they spend hours phoning people if it was only to "get through the numbers quicker"? That doesn't help them unless there is a deadline by which they need a certain number of candidates ready to go.

Quicker they get an appointable list the better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spasticator

Afternoon peeps! Just got an email back saying PCA should begin August for use around 410-430 position! Can’t come sooner!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Hi all, it's great to see some of you progressing and getting start dates etc but please don't forget about the ones who haven't got a date for their PCA yet and are worried incase they don't get in, due to their placing on the merit list.

Peace and love.... BB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Gee2

That’s what my thinking would be. If you are offered an earlier date, take it if possible. The quicker you get through each stage the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Gee2

That’s what my thinking would be. If you are offered an earlier date, take it if possible. The quicker you get through each stage the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ron_Mon

Afternoon peeps! Just got an email back saying PCA should begin August for use around 410-430 position! Can’t come sooner!
    Good job!
    If you don't mind me asking, who did this email come from?

• Advertisement

Ron_Mon wrote: »
    Good job!
    If you don't mind me asking, who did this email come from?

I mailed the police recruitment address...reply came from “L C.” (Don’t want to write the name if you get me). Same correspondent that send the mass email recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tigger19

Jaymeg wrote: »
    Don't be worrying folks if you haven't got a call about dates being moved forward. I know someone who works in that area (not occupational) and they said they are just calling people to see if they can do earlier. It won't change your position it's so they can get through the numbers quicker. The date I was given as an option for sooner was a new date with no candidates being processed and I was under no obligation to take it. It was information only as the time stands as they needed to see if they could even get enough numbers for people to move forward to this date.

I hope this clears it up, it's not to do with people being processed quicker it's to help with their end of things.

Does this then mean that if we were called but missed the call, they wont seek to call us back?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ChillFactor

If PCA dates are received does that mean you are within the number they’re looking for to reach their target number? For example if they are looking 400 and 100 of the merit list fail medical, PCA example then merit 500 would get a pca date?

If PCA dates are received does that mean you are within the number they’re looking for to reach their target number? For example if they are looking 400 and 100 of the merit list fail medical, PCA example then merit 500 would get a pca date?

They'll keep taking until they are told to stop.

Edit: just to follow up...likey to be first half of the month with invites going out in the next few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Grey8

I’m between 410-430 so that’s good news, after last weeks email I wasn’t sure we’d hear anytime in the next few months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Arniez12

Edit: just to follow up...likey to be first half of the month with invites going out in the next few weeks

What is the range of merit scores given in the email was the limit 430?

Arniez12 wrote: »

Not sure what the limit is, it said “next batch.”

I used 410-430 randomly as my merit number is somewhere hidden in there...I’m assuming they will do it in batches, so prob gonna do 350-450 imo...cud be wrong like.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Spike1886

Confusedas wrote: »
    Hoping someone here who has had their vetting come back ok can chime in.

Long story short, I only discovered last week (after paying for Experian) that I had a CCJ against me. Funny thing is though, it wasn't mine. I share my father's name and it was his from 5 years ago (was paid as well, the solicitors cocked up).

I've had it lifted from my account and my credit score is well in the green now (900+) as it should have been. Only thing is, is that vetting checked my score when it was in the ****, around the 630ish mark. I did call 101 and spoke to HR about this last week, but as I understand it, the vetting is external.

My question is, those of you who have passed vetting, were your scores in around the 630ish mark or lower? I'm worried that vetting may deem that too low, even though it's incorrect.

Just don't want to possibly fail vetting on this small issue and possibly set my self back with an appeal or something like that.

I'm actually raging too, this has been on my name for 3 years and I had no idea.

It's the security service that process vetting. And credit score is only a smidge of what they are looking for. A ladbrokes account with a grand going into it every month a only 200 coming out would disqual you sooner.

Eh? They're doing a credit reference check, not looking at your debit card payments. They wouldn't even knew if you've got a Ladbrokes account.

Spike1886 wrote: »
    Confusedas wrote: »
    Hoping someone here who has had their vetting come back ok can chime in.

Long story short, I only discovered last week (after paying for Experian) that I had a CCJ against me. Funny thing is though, it wasn't mine. I share my father's name and it was his from 5 years ago (was paid as well, the solicitors cocked up).

I've had it lifted from my account and my credit score is well in the green now (900+) as it should have been. Only thing is, is that vetting checked my score when it was in the ****, around the 630ish mark. I did call 101 and spoke to HR about this last week, but as I understand it, the vetting is external.

My question is, those of you who have passed vetting, were your scores in around the 630ish mark or lower? I'm worried that vetting may deem that too low, even though it's incorrect.

Just don't want to possibly fail vetting on this small issue and possibly set my self back with an appeal or something like that.

I'm actually raging too, this has been on my name for 3 years and I had no idea.

It's the security service that process vetting. And credit score is only a smidge of what they are looking for. A ladbrokes account with a grand going into it every month a only 200 coming out would disqual you sooner.

Eh? They're doing a credit reference check, not looking at your debit card payments. They wouldn't even knew if you've got a Ladbrokes account.

They are checking if you have anything that can be used to blackmail or coerce you... i.e. debt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Betting and spending etc isn't debt lol. Also its ACPO who do the vetting not the security service.

NiK9 wrote: »
    Betting and spending etc isn't debt lol. Also its ACPO who do the vetting not the security service.

I didn't mean betting is debtm a gambling problem would be an issue lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Arniez12 wrote: »

Not sure what the limit is, it said “next batch.”

I used 410-430 randomly as my merit number is somewhere hidden in there...I’m assuming they will do it in batches, so prob gonna do 350-450 imo...cud be wrong like.

Good on ye for emailing them that’s great! They could be in the 600s before the new year if they keep going at this rate :D

Im sorry if this has been answered before on the
    forum.. but could somebody tell me how many squads are in training at one time in GV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Im sorry if this has been answered before on the
    forum.. but could somebody tell me how many squads are in training at one time in GV?

5 squads.... each with 3 classes.

Thanks for the reply Nik9 im just trying to work out (based on rough calculations) if I will make it into GV on the back of my merit list position (including me passing all the other parts of recruitment process)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Jaymeg

Does anyone know what level you are required to reach in the bleep test for GV training? Would like to add a few bleep tests in my training for the bant!

Does anyone know what level you are required to reach in the bleep test for GV training? Would like to add a few bleep tests in my training for the bant!

Why not go further than needed? Go for go for 8.2 to start with?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Jaymeg

That’s what I plan to do but just wanted to know what is the requirement so I can go beyond this. I thought it was level 7 but just wanted to be sure incase it was higher.

• Advertisement

That’s what I plan to do but just wanted to know what is the requirement so I can go beyond this. I thought it was level 7 but just wanted to be sure incase it was higher.

Don't wreck yourself. Build up to it, you don't wanna aim too high and not rewch it then lit the self doubt fire. Just build and build build.

Advertisement