Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭TW2017

Afternoon peeps! Just got an email back saying PCA should begin August for use around 410-430 position! Can’t come sooner!

Just checking I’ve read this right. Are the PSNI continuing to process people, who are above 350 on the merit list through the pca, etc? I thought they’re only keeping the 350 until March.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ChillFactor

TW2017 wrote: »
    Afternoon peeps! Just got an email back saying PCA should begin August for use around 410-430 position! Can’t come sooner!

Just checking I’ve read this right. Are the PSNI continuing to process people, who are above 350 on the merit list through the pca, etc? I thought they’re only keeping the 350 until March.

People would have failed the PCA not turned up or failed other stages so they will progress through the list to hit their target of 350 - 400

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

TW2017 wrote: »

In anticipation of PCA fails, medical fails, vetting fails, SMT fails and those who drop out; they will progress more than they need. If they want 350 they'll progress 500 to see wgat wastage there is

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Scammy21

Passed all stages. Got smt back 2 days after the calls last week. No call yet for myself. Merit list in the top 20. Hoping its soon. Defo missed August intake unfortunately. Hope the next isn't far after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Scammy21 wrote: »
    Passed all stages. Got smt back 2 days after the calls last week. No call yet for myself. Merit list in the top 20. Hoping its soon. Defo missed August intake unfortunately. Hope the next isn't far after
    You'll be the first to hear next month most likely then

• Advertisement

You'll be the first to hear next month most likely then

Aye they'll squeeze you in amongst those who are August reserves

If you’re in top 20 and passed everything should you not have been in first group? Or were you delayed. Well done btw

If you’re in top 20 and passed everything should you not have been in first group? Or were you delayed. Well done btw
    He said he only got smt results after the calls went out

I know that but if he was in the top 20 then should his results not have came back much earlier that others unless he was delayed

• Advertisement

I know that but if he was in the top 20 then should his results not have came back much earlier that others unless he was delayed

I'm gonna guess vetting or he was in ft2? Doesn't really matter though, well done on being appointable.

Probs had AC after FT1...

So see the FT1, FT2 and FT3 were they not included in the 1052 merit list? Were they before that?

So see the FT1, FT2 and FT3 were they not included in the 1052 merit list? Were they before that?

You are missing the point.

FT1, 2 and 3 were fast tracked before results were released. So are appointable sooner than the rest of the herd.

FT1, 2 and 3 were fast tracked before results were released. So are appointable sooner than the rest of the herd.

I get that, that why I’m asking are the FT groups included in the 1052 list then. I’m just taking the above example. Top 20 in the merit list should have got a call unless they were delayed unless the FT groups aren’t in the merit list and got their calls ahead of the list.

I get that, that why I’m asking are the FT groups included in the 1052 list then. I’m just taking the above example. Top 20 in the merit list should have got a call unless they were delayed unless the FT groups aren’t in the merit list and got their calls ahead of the list.

Yes they are included. He/she missed the call because they weren't appointable at the time calls were being made...

Yes they are included. He/missed the call because they weren't appointable at the time calls were being made...[/quot

Which is why I asked were they delayed because given their merit ranking providing everything was passed then they should have had a call. Anyways we’ll done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

Which is why I asked were they delayed because given their merit ranking providing everything was passed then they should have had a call. Anyways we’ll done.

I get what you mean.

If said person was in top 20 of merit list, then to only get SMT after the first batch of calls must mean they were delayed, perhaps by vetting or the PCA. I assumed the FT groups were made up of the highest scoring people.

ie. FT 1 - 1 > 50 of merit
    FT 2 - 51 > 150 of merit

etc etc.

Confusedas wrote: »

I get what you mean.

If said person was in top 20 of merit list, then to only get SMT after the first batch of calls must mean they were delayed, perhaps by vetting or the PCA. I assumed the FT groups were made up of the highest scoring people.

ie. FT 1 - 1 > 50 of merit
    FT 2 - 51 > 150 of merit

etc etc.

Yes that’s what I mean. But after reading the above I was thinking ft groups were pre-merit list which meant your merit order was even further down in the over all picture but that’s reassuring. Cheers

• Advertisement

Yes that’s what I mean. But after reading the above I was thinking ft groups were pre-merit list which meant your merit order was even further down in the over all picture but that’s reassuring. Cheers

No, the merit list consists of those in FT too.

AFAIK I was FT3, merit of 150-200

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Scammy21

Yes they are included. He/missed the call because they weren't appointable at the time calls were being made...[/quot

Yea close friend got called last week and 2 days later I got smt result back so I had missed the calls. Praying I would be squeezed in but nothing. Bit frustrating guys further down merit list going first but sure main thing is getting to this stage. Hoping to hear something back in next 2/3 weeks about induction day in Aug then maybe start in Sept. But who really knows

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tigger19

How do we discover if we have passed Vetting guys? Is it Email?

At what stage were those getting confirmation of passing vetting?

I have completed Online Learning and have my medical date set but keep forgetting that vetting needs to be passed too

Tigger19 wrote: »

I have completed Online Learning and have my medical date set but keep forgetting that vetting needs to be passed too

AFAIK we receive two separate emails regarding vetting. One for CTC and one for the rest of it I think. Either way, I think you know if you pass vetting or not.

Tigger19 wrote: »

Yes people have wrote saying you get an email. The website states you don’t get told but doesn’t seem to be the case.

The ft3 covers a larger range than a 200.

I'm saying my merit number is somewhere between 150-200 (confidentiality and all that)...I couldn't tell you what range FT3 covers.

I'm saying my merit number is somewhere between 150-200 (confidentiality and all that)...I couldn't tell you what range FT3 covers.
    No problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

No problem.
    Does anybody know how far up the merit list position has been offered a pca day

Advertisement