Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Grey8

Recruit 6 wrote: »
    Confusedas wrote: »
    The ft3 covers a larger range than a 200.

I'm saying my merit number is somewhere between 150-200 (confidentiality and all that)...I couldn't tell you what range FT3 covers.
    No problem.
    Does anybody know how far up the merit list position has been offered a pca day

Upto position 350

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

Grey8 wrote: »

I'm saying my merit number is somewhere between 150-200 (confidentiality and all that)...I couldn't tell you what range FT3 covers.
    No problem.

Upto position 350
    I know no one knows the answer but do you think they will get through the full list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

I know no one knows the answer but do you think they will get through the full list

You just answered your own question - lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Grey8

Grey8 wrote: »

No problem.

Upto position 350

Someone posted on here yesterday that they emailed recruitment to ask about upto merit position 430 when they should expect a PCA and said the emails would be sent in the next few weeks for dates in August if that helps you any.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Scammy21

Does anyone know if there is a class in September? Or is it August then another in December time etc?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Scammy21 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a class in September? Or is it August then another in December time etc?

Looking like monthly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

There are squads starting every 5 weeks excluding July and Dec.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Slo18

NiK9 wrote: »

I take it no new squads start in the month of December then? So November intake then January?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Slo18 wrote: »

I take it no new squads start in the month of December then? So November intake then January?

Yea :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Gee2

Slo18 wrote: »

Yea :)

I wonder if needs must, will they try to squeeze a a Dec intake in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭NemesisEejit

They probably avoid them altogether because the two weeks in July and December that they are unable to run classes would mess up their training timetable quite badly.

Thoughts on online learning? I feel like they don't care about the content at all, and the whole aim is to try to get folks with GCSE/A Level education up to speed on independent learning/references/academics, etc.

They probably avoid them altogether because the two weeks in July and December that they are unable to run classes would mess up their training timetable quite badly.

Thoughts on online learning? I feel like they don't care about the content at all, and the whole aim is to try to get folks with GCSE/A Level education up to speed on independent learning/references/academics, etc.

I think you’re on the money there. I was excited to get at it it but it ended up being pretty mind numbing lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 cazzie23

You will have loads of mind numbing online courses when you get in the job its part of your report every 4 months

cazzie23 wrote: »
    You will have loads of mind numbing online courses when you get in the job its part of your report every 4 months

Buzzing

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

I think you’re on the money there. I was excited to get at it it but it ended up being pretty mind numbing lol
    Mind numbing vs the 1509 online learning I done, produced by the PSNI directly.

Knocked it out in a very boring hour lol. Needs must though, end goal and all!

Plenty of real material to be covered at Garnerville. The amount of things officers have to know about is ****in huge.

Doesn't look like any more boardies from ft3 got their medical pulled forward today. Was kinda hoping me and old robocop would get a pity call to the over 200s in the ft3 merit list lol

Doesn't look like any more boardies from ft3 got their medical pulled forward today. Was kinda hoping me and old robocop would get a pity call to the over 200s in the ft3 merit list lol

Nothing here either pal. I’m merit 150-200. Pretty close to the 200 mark. Must have just been random or even alphabetical. Doubt it’ll matter!

Nothing here either pal. I’m merit 150-200. Pretty close to the 200 mark. Must have just been random or even alphabetical. Doubt it’ll matter!

Don't know your age fella or I'd have included you with us older folk lol. Finalcountdown can wait the extra few weeks....young whipper snapper!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Fina1countdown

Got my date changed much sooner than before!

(swears under breath) lol

Don't know your age fella or I'd have included you with us older folk lol. Finalcountdown can wait the extra few weeks....young whipper snapper!

Well without disclosing my age, I should get the full 35 year pension. Put it that way. Lol

I felt old among my PCA group. A load of early and mid twenties, even a couple of 18 year olds. I already work with a load of 18 year olds and they are basically children.

Well without disclosing my age, I should get the full 35 year pension. Put it that way. Lol

Fully you mention that. I was talking to a retired officer and due to my age they suggested putting more into my pension each month. Anyone thought about that or have any experience/advice for older people signing up?

Gee2 wrote: »

Fully you mention that. I was talking to a retired officer and due to my age they suggested putting more into my pension each month. Anyone thought about that or have any experience/advice for older people signing up?
    That's a very good idea!

That's a very good idea!

Easier said than done when you’re already taking a pay cut lol.

That's a very good idea!

Easier said than done when you’re already taking a pay cut lol.

I know mate. Was just thinking about it, my degree is in something similar so was just thinking from a £point of view long term

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tigger19

How much sooner?

Without giving away an actual date of course

• Advertisement

Tigger19 wrote: »

How much sooner?

Without giving away an actual date of course

From speaking to him, about a month sooner. I could be wrong.

Advertisement