Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

This might go to **** but I was thinking (sometimes a bad thing) that we should maintain some list of where everyone is....
    E.g. Those waiting to be appointed, those awaiting vetting, medical, smt, pca, etc.

I'm sure there are reasons not to do this but it might be helpful for folk to know who to ask questions to.

Thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭stm1

I think it's a great idea. It will certainly save the same questions being asked over and over again.

stm1 wrote: »
    I think it's a great idea. It will certainly save the same questions being asked over and over again.

Right, I'll handle this. I think the easiest way for anyone who wants to participate....rather than a load of pages getting filled up on this...... Message me what stage you are at, if you're ft1/2/3, etc, I'll come up with some way of separating it into groups. I'll sort it later when I'm not working lol

Thanks to those messaging. I'll get a look at this tonight. The plan is to be vague so as to not give anyone away obviously.

E.g. Username, ft1, waiting on vetting

Since are probably worrying it'll be more like

E.g. Username, real name, merit list position, ac score, home address, etc lol

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Adam West

I hope everyone is taking advantage of this weather to do a bit of prep for the PCA. It's a good way to simulate running in a sauna.........something I'm sure we will all have to do at some point in our future careers......:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 JECornette

Not sure if this has been asked and I can’t find information on PCA page. In PSNI PCA YouTube video the fitness instructor puts her foot over the black line at the beginning of the balance beam. I thought your foot had to be before the black line at the beginning and over the second black line at the end. Can anyone shed any light? :)

JECornette wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been asked and I can’t find information on PCA page. In PSNI PCA YouTube video the fitness instructor puts her foot over the black line at the beginning of the balance beam. I thought your foot had to be before the black line at the beginning and over the second black line at the end. Can anyone shed any light? :)
    To be on the line

To be on the line

Cheers :)

Ok here goes with the scores on the doors guys and girls:
    AyeChihuahua - FT3, waiting on medical
    Confusedas - FT3, waiting on medical
    Kermit243 - FT2, waiting room
    Belfast_22 - FT2, waiting room
    Tigger19 - FT3, waiting on medical
    Joceyjoe - waiting on PCA
    Robocop2k16 - FT3, waiting on medical
    Final Countdown - FT3, waiting on medical
    Stm1 - waiting on PCA
    Doesany1know - waiting on PCA
    Daisy04 - pca soon
    Ze0tech - waiting on pca
    ML515 - FT2, waiting room
    JECornette - waiting on pca
    TW2017 - Waiting on pca
    Yellow321 - waiting on PCA

Right, anyone who wanted on this message me and let me know. There's load of lurkers out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Ok here goes with the scores on the doors guys and girls:
    AyeChihuahua - FT3, waiting on medical
    Confusedas - FT3, waiting on medical
    Kermit243 - FT2, waiting room
    Belfast_22 - FT2, waiting room
    Tigger19 - FT3, waiting on medical
    Joceyjoe - waiting on PCA
    Robocop2k16 - FT3, waiting on medical
    Final Countdown - FT3, waiting on medical
    Stm1 - waiting on PCA
    Doesany1know - waiting on PCA

Right, anyone who wanted on this message me and let me know. There's load of lurkers out there.

Good stuff :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Seen on the news George Hamilton said he doesn’t know who to ask for the extra 400 officers. He said he feels he’s being kept in the dark in regards to security post Brexit. Would someone tell the man who to ask lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Normally he would get second opinions and bounce his idea's off his right hand man, the go-to guy, the man for all seasons, DCC Drew Harris. Alas he has abandoned ship for greener pastures lol.

ML515 wrote: »
    Normally he would get second opinions and bounce his idea's off his right hand man, the go-to guy, the man for all seasons, DCC Drew Harris. Alas he has abandoned ship for greener pastures lol.

In my head, that needs to be how he is introduced at any event in a Bruce buffer voice and is just missing the "for the thousands in attendance, and the millions watching at home...."

OK so I've done an initial version of a list up above for everyone (with a few edits for Late messages) but there's loads more out there. I honestly want everyone to let me know, even if you're sitting there thinking "sure I'll probably not get in with where I am in the merit list".

Thanks to those who contacted me anyway.

OK so I've done an initial version of a list up above for everyone (with a few edits for Late messages) but there's loads more out there. I honestly want everyone to let me know, even if you're sitting there thinking "sure I'll probably not get in with where I am in the merit list".

Thanks to those who contacted me anyway.

JECornette: PCA soon

Hopefully those of us still waiting to do PCA pass it first time, however if we don’t any ideas on the earliest possible time period for the second and final try we are given? I realise it can be done any time during the 12 week programme but how long after first failed test does this begin? Hopefully we all won’t need to find out I again hasten to add!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Gee2

Hopefully those of us still waiting to do PCA pass it first time, however if we don’t any ideas on the earliest possible time period for the second and final try we are given? I realise it can be done any time during the 12 week programme but how long after first failed test does this begin? Hopefully we all won’t need to find out I again hasten to add!

First opportunity is two weeks after initial PCA.

Gee2 wrote: »

First opportunity is two weeks after initial PCA.

Love this board, someone always knows! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 pom16

pom16 FT2 waiting on medical

Any news on the (recruitment) western front for anyone this week? Been a bit quiet overall

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

Any news on the (recruitment) western front for anyone this week? Been a bit quiet overall

Quiet surely. You know the craic with me anyway Ayechihuahua. Vetting passed, waiting on medical.

Confusedas wrote: »

Quiet surely. You know the craic with me anyway Ayechihuahua. Vetting passed, waiting on medical.

Go on my son!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Got my medical forms signed without paying a fee. Thats about the height of my craic at the minute!

Got my medical forms signed without paying a fee. Thats about the height of my craic at the minute!

It doesn't count when you get them to sign for free by refusing to uncuff them until they sign though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

Here was me thinking I scored getting it done for a fiver!

The server is really playing up today stopping me from posting anything. Maybe that's a good thing. Was saying about how I hate getting all these emails now into my main account as its giving me false hope. Might block everything for a month that isn't recruitment related..... Might save a few quid doing that in fact ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭TW2017

NiK9 wrote: »
    The picture of 'Sgt Mark Wright's' head is pretty rough.   :(

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭NemesisEejit

A lot of that is historic hearing loss claims. When doing firearms training demand double ear protection folks. The figure going forward will be much lower.

33 million over 5 years is chump change compared to what health trusts pay out.

Compensation is an extra reason for the PSNI to fully support officers in dangerous situations. Cops get injured, we all know that. No issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Downlow

Hi, I’m new to the forum and I’m asking on bahalf of a mate. My mate is between 210 and 230 on the merit list and wondering what intake he is likely to be in? Also how are people being informed of the result of their vetting? Any info greatly appreciated

Advertisement