Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JECornette

Downlow wrote: »
    Hi, I’m new to the forum and I’m asking on bahalf of a mate. My mate is between 210 and 230 on the merit list and wondering what intake he is likely to be in? Also how are people being informed of the result of their vetting? Any info greatly appreciated

I’m no expert but I would guess November perhaps? Providing they pass PCA first time and vetting etc goes smoothly. I think everything is communicated via email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

JECornette wrote: »
    Hi, I’m new to the forum and I’m asking on bahalf of a mate. My mate is between 210 and 230 on the merit list and wondering what intake he is likely to be in? Also how are people being informed of the result of their vetting? Any info greatly appreciated

I’m no expert but I would guess November perhaps? Providing they pass PCA first time and vetting etc goes smoothly. I think everything is communicate via email

Maybe November if everyone before him is appointable. Could be a month or two earlier if people up the merit list have failed a stage/ dropped out/ results or vetting etc aren’t back yet.

Joceyjoe wrote: »

I’m no expert but I would guess November perhaps? Providing they pass PCA first time and vetting etc goes smoothly. I think everything is communicate via email

Maybe November if everyone before him is appointable. Could be a month or two earlier if people up the merit list have failed a stage/ dropped out/ results or vetting etc aren’t back yet.

Great point. How does it reconcile with the fact that our merit list number does not change then? In affect it does if someone at 300 for example is appointed before 301, you could argue they have jumped to 299?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Downlow

Thanks for the replies. I should have said he has passed the PCA and has medical in August if this sheds any light. Are people receiving emails to say they have passed the vetting then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Grey8

Thanks for the replies. I should have said he has passed the PCA and has medical in August if this sheds any light. Are people receiving emails to say they have passed the vetting then?

According to those who have got calls they have said on here before that yes you get an email when vetting is cleared.. where are you on the merit list yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

I received a mail stating I had passed vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭NemesisEejit

PSA re online learning- statement of participation is not available for a while after you complete the course. Wait until you get an email. I was being driven crazy because I couldn't find it straight away.

Merit list numbers won't change, they will just ignore those not ready to progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

PSA re online learning- statement of participation is not available for a while after you complete the course. Wait until you get an email. I was being driven crazy because I couldn't find it straight away.

Merit list numbers won't change, they will just ignore those not ready to progress.

That fried my head. Didn't get the confirmation of it being passed until about an hour later.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Is anyone else still waiting for their PCA date?

Me! Merit list between 600-650 so I’ll be waiting a good few months at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spasticator

I mailed them about 9 days ago. Next batch should be sent out in the next few weeks for early August pca

I suppose failing your PCA the first time (hopefully none of us waiting will) will in affect push us down the merit list? If not technically but in reality, it could add on another 12 weeks where those with higher merit list numbers could become appointable first

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

NiK9 wrote: »
    Or remember that inspector who lost his ear? Crazy. And in the comments people are saying 'that's what the police are paid to take ' - no way. No one hoes into work expecting to deal with that.

Thanks team I was starting to think I was the only one left ha ha....a little more waiting to go for us ☺️☺️

Thanks team I was starting to think I was the only one left ha ha....a little more waiting to go for us ☺️☺️

Don’t worry most on the list haven’t had theirs yet. They just aren’t on this board :D

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

Joceyjoe wrote: »

Don’t worry most on the list haven’t had theirs yet. They just aren’t on this board :D

I am also still waiting a pca date

Anyone got PCA soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Anyone seen the mad vigalantism hapoening in Derry? Views?

I mailed them about 9 days ago. Next batch should be sent out in the next few weeks for early August pca

Any idea what number we are up to on the merit list for PCA's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

Anyone got PCA soon?

Me :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Grey8

Any idea what number we are up to on the merit list for PCA's?

350ish

Grey8 wrote: »
    350ish

AHH I will be waiting for a good while then I'm.away down the list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Slo18

Anyone got PCA soon?

Me too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Daisy04

Slo18 wrote: »
    Anyone got PCA soon?

Me too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

So apart from (I refuse to call him anything apart from 'the kid') final countdown (he's a decent kid though I'll give him that having met him lol)..... Anyone else had their medical bumped forward? I think one or two others mentioned it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Anyone 200-250 got word about their vetting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Nah mate. Confusedas has but I think he is 150-200

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mrmagooo

Daisy04 wrote: »
    Slo18 wrote: »
    Anyone got PCA soon?

Me too
    Me too, nerves are starting to really kick in, I’ve been scared to train since yday incase I end up spraining something in the build up haha even think I can feel a lovely chest infection coming on too fs! Fingers crossed for you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cjc123

I am between 200-250, I got an email regarding one of the years I was living away, I hadn't included it in the 5 year history. Haven't heard anything else regarding it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

cjc123 wrote: »

I am between 200-250, I got an email regarding one of the years I was living away, I hadn't included it in the 5 year history. Haven't heard anything else regarding it.

You'll be fine. So I wouln't worry about. Simple mistake anyone could have made, you answered honestly when asked so all is good.

Advertisement