Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Slo18

Slo18 wrote: »
    Passed mine too. Roll on the medical dates.

Told you that you'd be grand

You did indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Glad to hear guys well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Anni123 wrote: »
    Me too! Have medical date and all too! Things moving quickly!
    Mid August onwards I'm guessing? Good luck guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

Sooner than that actually. Thank you!

Confusedas..... Hold me back lol.

• Advertisement

What? Lol

What? Lol

Lol he'll get it. I've a decent wait to my medical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Some people higher up the merit list but were not in our fast track 3 group (for some reason) may be getting earlier medicals than us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Lala29 it won’t let me reply to your PM saying you either don’t accept them or it won’t allow you to accept them lol. But thanks for the Pm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Well done everyone :) delighted for youse all, but we knew it would be no bother for youse :D

• Advertisement

Were there many fails at the recent pca for you guys?

What? Lol

Lol he'll get it. I've a decent wait to my medical.

Who knows what way they are working it. Not everyone who was there has got a medical date yet so maybe they are filling some extra slots in earlier medicals.

Were there many fails at the recent pca for you guys?

Just a couple as far as I’m aware

At the end of the week I'll update the list of where everyone is after the PCA's are done for the week. Well done all for passing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭stm1

What about including merit list position? I can do it if you don't have the time.

stm1 wrote: »
    What about including merit list position? I can do it if you don't have the time.

I don't want to include it in case it gives away who anyone is for any reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

I would say me and you possibly were in one of the last PCA groups of our batch and got the last of the medical slots. These new passers are probably the first in their batch and will be getting first look in at the next set of medical slots. Im not saying that’s definitely what it is but seems plausible.

Anyway. HR, if you’re reading this, g’on and bring some more medicals forward. Cheers mate

• Registered Users Posts: 20 H8thewait

Hi folks newbie here got my pca soon and can safely say im dreding it.. Have Worked hard over the last year to drop weight 5 stone so far but still was the heftiest at my familiarisation lol most where like rakes lol.. Congrats on everyones passes so far.. Hopefully i can get there too .. Just under 4 nightmare minutes lol

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Daisy04

H8thewait wrote: »
    Hi folks newbie here got my pca soon and can safely say im dreding it.. Have Worked hard over the last year to drop weight 5 stone so far but still was the heftiest at my familiarisation lol most where like rakes lol.. Congrats on everyones passes so far.. Hopefully i can get there too .. Just under 4 nightmare minutes lol
    That's an incredible weight loss, very well done, if you have the determination to do that you can do the pca! Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Anni123

Has anyone heard if they passed their vetting before they have done their mesical or is vetting usually the last thing to come back?

• Advertisement

*medical

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ze0tech

First of all well done on the weight loss. That's incredible and takes serious dedication. Secondly this is a maximum effort test that lasts 3 min and 54seconds which could shape you life for the next 35 years of your life. Give it everything you have, never give up and hopefully for you that's enough. If not keep training and try again. Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Slo18

What a fantastic achievement and shows what you can achieve. As others have said it is a maximum effort test and I truly believe it is mind over matter. During my second lap I honestly didn’t know if I was going to be able to complete it. Next thing I knew was I was approaching the end of my last lap so dig deep and go and get the career you want. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Spike1886

That's some going! I'm carrying a bit more weight than I'd like, I've lost a stone and have been going to the gym the past few months to try and get fit but I'm still nowhere near where I'd like to be. I'm still overweight and can't run. I passed PCA thankfully but I found it really hard. By the last lap, my mouth was so dry and I could hardly lift my legs lol. Just throw everything at it from the whistle and know that you've left everything in that sports hall! I couldn't even talk after lol.

Has anyone heard if they passed their vetting before they have done their mesical or is vetting usually the last thing to come back?

Most will hear after medical but I know a few have heard back before their medical

• Registered Users Posts: 20 H8thewait

Thanks folks its been a grind lol thats what i keep telling myself just under 4 minutes for the potential for great things.. Does anyone know if when being called in alphabetically the first person gets a few mins to stretch?

Thanks folks its been a grind lol thats what i keep telling myself just under 4 minutes for the potential for great things.. Does anyone know if when being called in alphabetically the first person gets a few mins to stretch?

No but they'll not immediately bring you in if you're first. They expect you just to be ready to go in when called.

Im sure the first clue that its been checked is if something would show up on your credit report?! Im constantly checking lol

Im sure the first clue that its been checked is if something would show up on your credit report?! Im constantly checking lol
    Your credit report will only change once a month.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

Its one of those 'how long is a piece of string' things. I have mine back cleared, medical in a few weeks, however, others in this campaign and previous campaigns were still waiting on their vetting clearing long after their medical.

Its the only part of this process that isn't really that straightforward.

PSA: Check your credit report.

Advertisement