Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 DarylD96

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Personal securitybis an issue bit it's a retrospective date, so no real danger. But Daryl be security conscious. There's folk out there that want to murder you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

Personal securitybis an issue bit it's a retrospective date, so no real danger. But Daryl be security conscious. There's folk out there that want to murder you.

Retrospective date aye but times etc. Maybe that’s overly cautious. Would probably be best not to mention anything like it though.

DarylD96 wrote: »
    Anyone?

Wouldn’t worry too much. They’ll get to you when they get to you. Leave it to Friday and if nothing received then email them. Obviously the mandatory *check your junk* applies too lol

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Spike1886

I'm in same boat as you Daryl. I wonder if you're the fella I heard talking about Boards lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Slo18

Spike1886 wrote: »
    I'm in same boat as you Daryl. I wonder if you're the fella I heard talking about Boards lol

I’m the same. Heard nothing yet. They said on the way out we should hear in a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭NemesisEejit

Lol we do seem paranoid with the security but it is important at this point. Later on when we have up to date threat assessments, personal protection weapons and training, and have used a couple grand to strengthen our homes, we can perhaps be a little less paranoid. Or our caution will turn out to be entirely warranted and we won't have been paranoid at all.

Fun fact- the opposite of paranoia is a phenomenon called "pronoia". An unwarranted feeling that there are unknown people out there trying to help.

Lol we do seem paranoid with the security but it is important at this point. Later on when we have up to date threat assessments, personal protection weapons and training, and have used a couple grand to strengthen our homes, we can perhaps be a little less paranoid. Or our caution will turn out to be entirely warranted and we won't have been paranoid at all.

Fun fact- the opposite of paranoia is a phenomenon called "pronoia". An unwarranted feeling that there are unknown people out there trying to help.

Just by that fact alone I’m almost sure you were at my PCA lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

I get home from the gym and see I've missed a philosophical lesson from nemesis...... Gonna try and use pronoia at some point tomorrow so I can look smart (er) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭NemesisEejit

Was it a conversation about the worst possible job re urology? If so... yeah, I chat **** when I am nervous.

• Advertisement

Was it a conversation about the worst possible job re urology? If so... yeah, I chat **** when I am nervous.

Yes! **** it is you. Well done on passing that day pal!

I love crap like this. We better be in the same class!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JECornette

Anyone know how far up the merit list are in the waiting room?

I think some over 100 got in this time around but with the influx of everyone else that'll be up in the air for the next few months once the FT2 and FT2 are appointed.

I think some over 100 got in this time around but with the influx of everyone else that'll be up in the air for the next few months once the FT2 and FT2 are appointed.

Moving pretty quickly!

JECornette wrote: »

Moving pretty quickly!
    True but my point was they will be covering lower numbers again once the new guys become appointable and ft1/2 failed pcas, vetting get sorted or passed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

Moving pretty quickly!

Got my medical date lol

Nap702 wrote: »

Moving pretty quickly!

Got my medical date lol

That old song 'moving on up' should accompany that post.

Approx 2 weeks away too pretty shocked at that

Where are you merit list wise?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Slo18

See ya there ;)

Mine next month!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Slo18 wrote: »

See ya there ;)

And you giys thought it would be a long wait 😂

Slo18 wrote: »

See ya there ;)

Approx 300

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

Mine next month!
    Roughly the same!

who most recently got online learning? and when do you get it? after medical

took about a week after my PCA to get the link. Earlier FT's got it the same day. It's not an automatic process.

Confusedas wrote: »

took about a week after my PCA to get the link. Earlier FT's got it the same day. It's not an automatic process.
    you know what the way they are doing things is mind F****** me lol but thats ok bring it on

you know what the way they are doing things is mind F****** me lol but thats ok bring it on

In fairness, I wouldn't get too excited about the online learning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 H8thewait

Well passed my pca cant believe it thought i was gonna pass out haha thanks for all the kind messages over the last few days and nik9 for the pm wont let me message back lol.. Roll on the next stages

Advertisement