Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

H8thewait wrote: »
    Well passed my pca cant believe it thought i was gonna pass out haha thanks for all the kind messages over the last few days and nik9 for the pm wont let me message back lol.. Roll on the next stages
    yessssss, well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Grey8

Quick question around vetting... does having 3 points on your license cause problems with vetting, checked the website and it’s not clear? Has anyone passed vetting with penalty points?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Grey8 wrote: »
    Quick question around vetting... does having 3 points on your license cause problems with vetting, checked the website and it’s not clear? Has anyone passed vetting with penalty points?

Shouldn't be an issue.

Well passed my pca cant believe it thought i was gonna pass out haha thanks for all the kind messages over the last few days and nik9 for the pm wont let me message back lol.. Roll on the next stages

Amazing well done :)

Shouldn't be an issue.

Hopefully won’t be, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Gee2

PCA passed.

Tougher than I thought it was going to be, but completed in a quicker time than I imagined. Now to track down my GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mrmagooo

Passed PCA today, barely! Fell off the balance beam twice on my first lap haha so all those with it coming up don’t underestimate it, a wide stance on it is the way forward, I think I was trying some kind of ballet on it (I was the smallest guy with the dog tattoo for anyone who was there today, say hello your all sound people.)
    This board has really helped with everything so thanks everyone who has give advice etc over the past few months. Obv I’m no expert as I can’t even go on a balance beam without falling off it haha but my advice for anyone doing the PCA is breathe heavy from the beginning, the Hall has very weird air and a lot of guys caught the PCA plague after it and were coughing their lungs out myself included, and just blast the sprints and stairs, take your time on the tricky bits like the cones and balance beam and you will be fine! If you can’t get out to the gym hit the star jumps and burpees in the house (HIIT I believe you gym savvy people call it) it is tough but it is completely doable! Again thank you to everyone who has helped settle nerves etc on this.
    Now where’s the nearest KFC drive thru, boneless banquet for one please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Slo18

Well done guys onto the next box that needs ticked now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 H8thewait

Mrmagooo wrote: »
    Passed PCA today, barely! Fell off the balance beam twice on my first lap haha so all those with it coming up don’t underestimate it, a wide stance on it is the way forward, I think I was trying some kind of ballet on it (I was the smallest guy with the dog tattoo for anyone who was there today, say hello your all sound people.)
    This board has really helped with everything so thanks everyone who has give advice etc over the past few months. Obv I’m no expert as I can’t even go on a balance beam without falling off it haha but my advice for anyone doing the PCA is breathe heavy from the beginning, the Hall has very weird air and a lot of guys caught the PCA plague after it and were coughing their lungs out myself included, and just blast the sprints and stairs, take your time on the tricky bits like the cones and balance beam and you will be fine! If you can’t get out to the gym hit the star jumps and burpees in the house (HIIT I believe you gym savvy people call it) it is tough but it is completely doable! Again thank you to everyone who has helped settle nerves etc on this.
    AM OR PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mrmagooo

AM OR PM?

PM buddy

• Advertisement

AM OR PM?

PM buddy

Congrats i was Am didnt Think i had it was well chuffed

Email received thismorning to say they are now processing applicants in my merit band and I will be contacted with a PCA date soon... Everything is still moving at a good pace and good news for us lot that are higher up the list!!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spasticator

Email received thismorning to say they are now processing applicants in my merit band and I will be contacted with a PCA date soon... Everything is still moving at a good pace and good news for us lot that are higher up the list!!

Whoop whoop! Got mine too. Where roughly u at merit wise? Wonder how many they are processing this time.

Whoop whoop! Got mine too. Where roughly u at merit wise? Wonder how many they are processing this time.

I’m between 400-430, don’t want to narrow it down too much, you? Maybe 100 or so at a time but who knows :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spasticator

I’m between 400-430, don’t want to narrow it down too much, you? Maybe 100 or so at a time but who knows :)

:) I’m 400-430 too. Can’t wait to get a date for pca!

:) I’m 400-430 too. Can’t wait to get a date for pca!

Maybe end up at the same familiarisation/PCA then.. yeah can’t wait for a date now too though makes the nerves go, I worry about the PCA the most!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Coco2070

Oh yes! Email received. Im hanging around the low 400’s also. How’s everyone’s training going?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 lmcg1106

Got the email as well, good to see the ball rolling!

Coco2070 wrote: »
    Oh yes! Email received. Im hanging around the low 400’s also. How’s everyone’s training going?

Doing as much as I can but not as much as I’d like with working long hours, will get as much in as I can now the dates coming! You?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Wow. Just wow. Happy for you guys.

PSNI recruitment really has changed for the better.

Bodes well for everyone in this campaign and future campaigns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Coco2070

Doing as much as I can but not as much as I’d like with working long hours, will get as much in as I can now the dates coming! You?

Pretty similar to yourself, started some interval training last night. So with that and gym work I’m hoping I can stagger around the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ktrsd

To anyone reading with a PCA coming up, keep training even after passing. They'll expect you to have a half decent level of fitness to start with and it will make the physical aspect of GV a bit easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ze0tech

Maybe end up at the same familiarisation/PCA then.. yeah can’t wait for a date now too though makes the nerves go, I worry about the PCA the most!

I'm in and around this number too. Maybe see you guys there. Can't wait now!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭stm1

So the last group to go through PCA was up to 350.......you guys are 400-430. Maybe they are doing 350 to 450?

Anyone else in this range?

Pretty similar to yourself, started some interval training last night. So with that and gym work I’m hoping I can stagger around the course.

Make sure you do high intensity burst exercises,sprints etc i done lots of interval all be it im close to 17 stone and it was really hard.. Passed but definitly take the advice and breathe hard from the start.. I didnt to my detriment.. And was puffed a lap and a Half in.. It all looks easy seperatly dont underestimate it and youll be fine go hard and before you know it your on the last stretch.. Ps you can onli drag the weight bag running forward so factor that in for your familiarisation
    Best of luck.. The best phrase someone used for me was leave everything you have in the Hall and youll nail it😀😀

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ze0tech

stm1 wrote: »
    So the last group to go through PCA was up to 350.......you guys are 400-430. Maybe they are doing 350 to 450?

Going by my merit number id say that your correct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

Ze0tech wrote: »
    stm1 wrote: »

Going by my merit number id say that your correct

Not be too long for you’s now! Exciting. Recently passed mine. It’s doable but it is hard going. Push yourself to exhaustation training and then try getting yourself over a wall weaving through cones etc. Wish you’s all the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭eslow

I got my email today to say they have hit my group and I’m in 450-500 range

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Arniez12

eslow wrote: »
    I got my email today to say they have hit my group and I’m in 450-500 range

I’m also in this bracket and got the E-Mail. Hopefully get PCA dates pretty soon ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

just got online learning, at this rate i could be in the waiting room early august providing it all goes well.

Advertisement