Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JECornette

Nap702 wrote: »
    just got online learning, at this rate i could be in the waiting room early august providing it all goes well.

Snap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

JECornette wrote: »
    just got online learning, at this rate i could be in the waiting room early august providing it all goes well.

Snap!

Me too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Slo18

Snap!

Me too!

Me as well ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

What has been different from the 15/09 recuitment and 17/10 regarding both set of stages?

Application, IST, AC, PCA, online learning, medical and SMT, vetting . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Gee2

Hi Nap - have you had your medical, or do we get online learning before the medical?

• Advertisement

Good luck to all those who got their PCA date. As someone who passed it this week, my advice is to make sure you have done plenty of HIIT training. I didn’t do a lot of training and I thought it looked easy enough. I was wrong. I was busted after the first lap.

Although I passed with plenty of spare time, I definitely underestimated it. Get as fit as you can and on the day do it at a steady jog making sure to minimise faults. Good luck.

What has been different from the 15/09 recuitment and 17/10 regarding both set of stages?

Couple friends in 1509, basically it wasn’t very transparent and took forever...

Gee2 wrote: »
    Hi Nap - have you had your medical, or do we get online learning before the medical?
    to be honest i dont think any group yet has had it similar. i passed PCA tuesday, medical date recieve yesterday and then online leanring today. but i know of others who had to wait a week for online learning and others got it same day. i dont think anyone has the answer lol

Couple friends in 1509, basically it wasn’t very transparent and took forever...
    but they had the same stages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭stm1

Arniez12 wrote: »
    eslow wrote: »
    I got my email today to say they have hit my group and I’m in 450-500 range

I’m also in this bracket and got the E-Mail. Hopefully get PCA dates pretty soon ðŸ˜

I'm frantically refreshing my emails but alas nothing yet. Suppose there's still time yet this afternoon.

• Advertisement

but they had the same stages?

Oh yeah same stages

• Registered Users Posts: 20 H8thewait

Anyone else pass pca this week am session?

H8thewait wrote: »
    ðŸ‘ðŸ»

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Sorry lala29 it’s still saying you don’t allow PMs to be sent to you. Wonder what’s up with it

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LKB89

Hiya Joe, I had to remove my other account and create another one 🙄 as I couldnt post or PM- Hopefully better luck with this 1.

Seen you are sitting around the same number as myself on the merit list.

Going by what ive read today, we won't have that long to wait in regards to the PCA :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

Is your vetting cleared yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Arniez12

Do yous think those of us emailed today is to allow them to make appointments up until March? So for example they have lost too many from the psni managed stages or drop outs etc and therefore need more for March? Hate the thought of being progressed through and not even guaranteed intakes after March 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 H8thewait

Do yous think those of us emailed today is to allow them to make appointments up until March? So for example they have lost too many from the psni managed stages or drop outs etc and therefore need more for March? Hate the thought of being progressed through and not even guaranteed intakes after March 19.

I think they will continue to process for appointable applicants.. I wouldnt think everyone above u passed everything and is now appointable.. Therefore if u pass pca/medical and ur vetting is fast you could be appointable sooner than others and be in with a shout

yipðŸ‘ðŸ»

I think they will keep processing the list to ensure they have a ready supply of appointable people.

Nightmare thought of getting progressed through then not getting in 😭

• Advertisement

yipðŸ‘ðŸ»
    Been there done that, but you would rather be processed than not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Grey8

LKB89 wrote: »
    Hiya Joe, I had to remove my other account and create another one 🙄 as I couldnt post or PM- Hopefully better luck with this 1.

Seen you are sitting around the same number as myself on the merit list.

Going by what ive read today, we won't have that long to wait in regards to the PCA :)

I tried to reply to you earlier to and wouldn’t let me

yipðŸ‘ðŸ»

What campaign was that?

Been there done that, but you would rather be processed than not.[/quote]

What campaign was that?[/quote]

Back in 2011

I know someone that happened to then also...grim but hopefully different this time

What campaign was that?[/quote]

Back in 2011[/quote]

So did you get through all stages to the waiting list and not get appointed? I’d be gutted if that happened!

Grey8 wrote: »

What campaign was that?

Back in 2011[/quote]

So did you get through all stages to the waiting list and not get appointed? I’d be gutted if that happened![/quote]. Yip. Vetting & medical all passed. Sitting by the phone.

What campaign was that?

Back in 2011

So did you get through all stages to the waiting list and not get appointed? I’d be gutted if that happened![/quote]. Yip. Vetting & medical all passed. Sitting by the phone.[/quote]

Was that the budget cut?

What campaign was that?

Back in 2011

So did you get through all stages to the waiting list and not get appointed? I’d be gutted if that happened![/quote]. Yip. Vetting & medical all passed. Sitting by the phone.[/quote]

Soul destroying! Where you at with this year? Hope you’re definitely in after going through that last time!

• Advertisement

What campaign was that?

Back in 2011

So did you get through all stages to the waiting list and not get appointed? I’d be gutted if that happened!
    . Yip. Vetting & medical all passed. Sitting by the phone.[/quote]

Was that the budget cut?[/quote]
    Correct on both accounts. Everything passed, and then budget cut came in and I got a Dear John 12 months later.

Advertisement