Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Gee2

Gee2 wrote: »
    Arniez12 wrote: »
    Grey8 wrote: »
    Nightmare thought of getting progressed through then not getting in 😭
    Been there done that, but you would rather be processed than not.

What campaign was that?

Back in 2011

So did you get through all stages to the waiting list and not get appointed? I’d be gutted if that happened!
    . Yip. Vetting & medical all passed. Sitting by the phone.

Was that the budget cut?[/quote]
    Correct on both accounts. Everything passed, and then budget cut came in and I got a Dear John 12 months later.[/quote]
    PCA now passed, waiting on medical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Grey8

What campaign was that?

Back in 2011

So did you get through all stages to the waiting list and not get appointed? I’d be gutted if that happened!

Was that the budget cut?
    Correct on both accounts. Everything passed, and then budget cut came in and I got a Dear John 12 months later.[/quote]
    PCA now passed, waiting on medical.[/quote]

Everything crossed for you then that the rest of this process is quick for you & you get the call :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Gee2

What campaign was that?

Back in 2011

Was that the budget cut?
    Correct on both accounts. Everything passed, and then budget cut came in and I got a Dear John 12 months later.
    PCA now passed, waiting on medical.[/quote]

Everything crossed for you then that the rest of this process is quick for you & you get the call :)[/quote]
    Cheers - we all deserve it getting this far.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LKB89

Hi Grey8,

Sorry about that. I have no idea what was going on with my other account. It would let me send PMs but not receive them, nor would it let me post publicly.

Send me a PM now if you don't mind, to see if it works :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Grey8

LKB89 wrote: »
    Hi Grey8,

Sorry about that. I have no idea what was going on with my other account. It would let me send PMs but not receive them, nor would it let me post publicly.

Send me a PM now if you don't mind, to see if it works :)

Sent one there :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Busdriver123

I'm in the 400-430s , due to go on holiday for 2 weeks in August. Are PCA dates easily rescheduled?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Hey guys, I don’t know if any of you know but I thought I would ask anyway. A friend of mine suggested the PSNI have moved away from issuing those terrible warder boots they’ve had for the last 4-5 years. Does anyone know the name/brand/pictures of the new issue boot expected to be given to new recruits? I’m told they’ll be hard to bull etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

ML515 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I don’t know if any of you know but I thought I would ask anyway. A friend of mine suggested the PSNI have moved away from issuing those terrible warder boots they’ve had for the last 4-5 years. Does anyone know the name/brand/pictures of the new issue boot expected to be given to new recruits? I’m told they’ll be hard to bull etc...

Jollyes

Jollyes

Do we know which model? The naughties boots where decent.

https://www.jollyscarpe.com/en-gb/calzat-polizia-iso-20347-pelle-alta-2355ga

I wonder is this them... my friend said they looked like Welly boots, impossible to bull... and I’ve had a look online and they seem to have come up with a new “patrol boot”... they look horrible. The danger is we’ll be caught up like a half baked GB force who’re trying to stay traditional yet modern..

• Advertisement

https://www.jollyscarpe.com/en-gb/calzat-polizia-iso-20347-pelle-alta-2355ga

I wonder is this them... my friend said they looked like Welly boots, impossible to bull... and I’ve had a look online and they seem to have come up with a new “patrol boot”... they look horrible. The danger is we’ll be caught up like a half baked GB force who’re trying to stay traditional yet modern..

Just get a cheap boot off cadet direct or something for pass off parade/drill (ehich isn't called drill anymore)

Bull the living **** outta them. Don't have to be comfy as you'll be wearing them once?

Sylvet cloth, parade gloss, tiny circles all over lol

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JECornette

Not sure if been asked, but those this far along, did you receive email saying vetting was cleared?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Jollyes
    The pet shop? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spasticator

I'm in the 400-430s , due to go on holiday for 2 weeks in August. Are PCA dates easily rescheduled?

I’m in the same bracket as you. I mailed them a few weeks ago and they said the pca (for my number at least) would be before August 20th. Hopefully things haven’t changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Anotherhopeful

Haix boots at the minute not hard to bull at all some people who have very small feet get ones which are harder to bull at the toes but everyone else can get there's nice and shiny. They don't expect them to be super shiny until you're quite far into the programme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Arniez12

I’m in the same bracket as you. I mailed them a few weeks ago and they said the pca (for my number at least) would be before August 20th. Hopefully things
    haven’t changed.

Reckon that’s applicable for all of us emailed yesterday or just your number. Got an email but just slightly lower on the list than that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

Confusedas wrote: »
    Nap702 wrote: »
    just got online learning, at this rate i could be in the waiting room early august providing it all goes well.

Is your vetting cleared yet?

No just getting ahead of my self.

Online learning question.

After completing week one, should it show a complete percentage of the course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Just read every page and go every quiz and you're fine. Takes less than 2 hours

For the whole thing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

For the whole thing?
    yeah just click through and pass the quizzes. Doesn't take that long

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 20 H8thewait

Anyone currently filling in medical forms?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭stm1

I asked this in the August 18 calls thread but didn't get any response.

Planning ahead for time off to attend the various appointments - am I right in saying the PCA familiarisation, the PCA itself and the medical are all within a fairly close timeframe? Like within 6 weeks?

Then secondly is induction now during the week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Slo18

stm1 wrote: »
    I asked this in the August 18 calls thread but didn't get any response.

Planning ahead for time off to attend the various appointments - am I right in saying the PCA familiarisation, the PCA itself and the medical are all within a fairly close timeframe? Like within 6 weeks?

Then secondly is induction now during the week?

I’ve no answers regarding the induction but with my pca and medical they are within 3 weeks of each other

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Scammy21

Any word of a September intake?

Scammy21 wrote: »
    Any word of a September intake?

I think the calls go out every 5 weeks so I think the next set will be WC 23/07/2018

I am pure guessing lol

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Scammy21

Yes I am in an awkward position. Iv completed everything and in top 20 merit list. Unfortunately my employers have announced redundancies recently and I have been told my job is safe. However if i knew I was starting in September I could hand in my notice and potentially save one of my colleagues jobs as 2 are leaving my department. I doubt raising this with the recruitment people would even give me any more insight or info

• Advertisement

Scammy21 wrote: »
    Yes I am in an awkward position. Iv completed everything and in top 20 merit list. Unfortunately my employers have announced redundancies recently and I have been told my job is safe. However if i knew I was starting in September I could hand in my notice and potentially save one of my colleagues jobs as 2 are leaving my department. I doubt raising this with the recruitment people would even give me any more insight or info

Why not just offer to swap with a colleague. As you know that you are in?

Start the redundancy process either way everybody wins.

Advertisement