Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

Scammy21 wrote: »
    Yes I am in an awkward position. Iv completed everything and in top 20 merit list. Unfortunately my employers have announced redundancies recently and I have been told my job is safe. However if i knew I was starting in September I could hand in my notice and potentially save one of my colleagues jobs as 2 are leaving my department. I doubt raising this with the recruitment people would even give me any more insight or info

That is a hard one, from what you have said I would be 95% sure you be on the next set of calls. But that's only my opinion. Good luck what ever way you choose to deal with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Gee2

Yes I am in an awkward position. Iv completed everything and in top 20 merit list. Unfortunately my employers have announced redundancies recently and I have been told my job is safe. However if i knew I was starting in September I could hand in my notice and potentially save one of my colleagues jobs as 2 are leaving my department. I doubt raising this with the recruitment people would even give me any more insight or info

Why not just offer to swap with a colleague. As you know that you are in?

Start the redundancy process either way everybody wins.

Tough one. Like Nap says you should be next up, but you never know what can happen. If it was me, I would wait on the call first. Surely if it was next week you got the call, it would still be time to save someone’s job as they would presumably be working their notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

Who says that you quitting will 'save' someone else's job? I would doubt that HR would work like that. That said, I do not know where you work. Unfortunately, in circumstances like this, it is dog eat dog. You have to look after number 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Scammy21

Yea its a tough one because the people are being informed in 2 weeks. I could be in the next calls but dont want to put my neck on the line for the chop in case I dont and Iv handed my notice in lol

Also handing your notice in does mitigate a position where I work and does save someones job

• Advertisement

Also handing your notice in does mitigate a position where I work and does save someones job

Fair enough. FWIW, I'd wait until I know I'm in. Yes, you're in a good spot merit wise etc. But that's just me.

Confusedas wrote: »

Who says that you quitting will 'save' someone else's job? I would doubt that HR would work like that. That said, I do not know where you work. Unfortunately, in circumstances like this, it is dog eat dog. You have to look after number 1.

100 agree to this, look after number one, dont let someone else future bother you. Harsh but you bigger fish to fry

Would it be a waste of time emailing recruitment to get a generic response?

Probably. Recruitment are generally very vague in what they tell you. Having said that, there's nothing stopping you asking I suppose.

What I mean is, I doubt they're going to say 'Yes Scammy21 you're in the next set of calls, welcome to the PSNI' if you get me? lol

Probably. Recruitment are generally very vague in what they tell you. Having said that, there's nothing stopping you asking I suppose.

What I mean is, I doubt they're going to say 'Yes Scammy21 you're in the next set of calls, welcome to the PSNI' if you get me? lol
    My thoughts exactly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭GW88

Can someone PM me please in regards to OU learning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Grey8

My thoughts exactly

Personally I would ask recruitment, nothing lost or gained if they come back with a generic reply but at least you know you’ve tried... yes look after yourself ofcourse but I’d bet a lot on the fact you’ll get the call and be in GV sept... recruitment will probably be happy to confirm there’s a Sept intake and you know from your merit position you’ll be in it if so.

We all seen that absolute rocket in Randalstown then? Stark reminder of the nutcases most of us will one day encounter

No fill us in . . .

Nap702 wrote: »
    No fill us in . . .

Aw man, google randalstown. You’ll know it when you see it.

Aww yea got that sent to me in whatsapp didnt know it was randalstown. It it the same guy that walks up to parade singing republic songs?

Nap702 wrote: »
    Aww yea got that sent to me in whatsapp didnt know it was randalstown. It it the same guy that walks up to parade singing republic songs?

Quite possibly yeah. Hard to tell though with his mas scarf around his face lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

A 35 year old man and 53 year old woman have been arredted innrelation to the video.

Pretty sure it was an airsoft gun. Still stsnds though. Effing tube

A 35 year old man and 53 year old woman have been arredted innrelation to the video.

Pretty sure it was an airsoft gun. Still stsnds though. Effing tube

That's what I was thinking lol what a fool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Seen this today on A PSNI Facebook page. A new recruit giving his first weeks on thw Job.

We asked the new guys to tell us...

I am very recently out of Garnerville and beginning my probation at PSNI Lisburn. Here are some of the things I’ve being doing in my first few shifts.

My first night was a very quiet one my nerves were still wrecked though, I was extremely nervous about having to deal with real scenarios and real people verses the safety of dealing with role actors at Garnerville, no matter how good the actors were this was now real life. I got a good tour of the areas we patrol and I’m glad all was well, a calm and safe night for all in Lisburn and Castlereagh. We had two calls that night, one came to nothing the other was a blue light run to help paramedics get into a house where the woman inside couldn’t get up, My first experience of the blue lights was a real white knuckle ride, but I always felt safe due to the good driving of my pilot.

After that I have been involved in more incidents, from making my first arrest and booking into custody, interviewing suspects, to dealing with quite a few road traffic incidents from setting up a laser speed op and conducting preliminary breathe tests, and even giving someone a push start. I have also assisted where ambulance resources have been under strain, to be the first responder and help an elderly couple where the husband had fallen over. I have dealt with street brawling, domestic abuse, death, catching a burglar, tracking missing persons and drugs.

After my first few dealings I am starting to feel less anxious and I am now happy to be going out to things. I’m getting used to the blue light runs too.

#KeepingPeopleSafe
    #LisburnCastlereaghPSNI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 H8thewait

Anyone who done pca last week got medical date email yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ChillFactor

H8thewait wrote: »

No eagerly waiting haha

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mrmagooo

No eagerly waiting haha
    Also eagerly waiting haha, haven’t heard anything since. Probably busy with everything going on this week but I’m still refreshing my emails every other hour haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Mrmagooo wrote: »

No eagerly waiting haha
    Also eagerly waiting haha, haven’t heard anything since. Probably busy with everything going on this week but I’m still refreshing my emails every other hour haha.

(to steal from Confusedas) with it being cultural expression week, I'd say most of us won't hear anything all week.

I haven’t received the online learning either would I be right in saying a few of you are in the same boat?

Mrmagooo wrote: »
    I haven’t received the online learning either would I be right in saying a few of you are in the same boat?
    if its the same progress for you as for me, you will get your online leanring after medical date.
    some people around the same score as me got 4/5 weeks notice for medical and others got 2 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Guys I seriously wouldn't worry about the online learning. It takes 2 hours to crap out when you get the email about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 H8thewait

Anyone around the 300 to 350 Mark hopeful if they pass vetting and medical they could be in with a shot? If so do you think it would be next year?

Ah no bother guys. Thanks for clearing that up!

• Advertisement

Anyone around the 300 to 350 Mark hopeful if they pass vetting and medical they could be in with a shot? If so do you think it would be next year?
    i am literally just under this mark and i think it will be this year as PCA will expire, the next set of calls will be interesting. have they already filled septmber with the folk who vetting wasnt back in time for august calls with merit list up to 120? or will they need to go beyond this 120 mark?

Advertisement