Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Nap702 wrote: »
    H8thewait wrote: »
    Anyone around the 300 to 350 Mark hopeful if they pass vetting and medical they could be in with a shot? If so do you think it would be next year?
    i am literally just under this mark and i think it will be this year as PCA will expire, the next set of calls will be interesting. have they already filled septmber with the folk who vetting wasnt back in time for august calls with merit list up to 120? or will they need to go beyond this 120 mark?

You guys won't be in the next calls for September start as you won't have your drug test results by then. And you've to get vetting back as well. Realistically you're talking October or November calls depending on how many ahead of you and vetting coming back quickly enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

Anyone around the 300 to 350 Mark hopeful if they pass vetting and medical they could be in with a shot? If so do you think it would be next year?
    i am literally just under this mark and i think it will be this year as PCA will expire, the next set of calls will be interesting. have they already filled septmber with the folk who vetting wasnt back in time for august calls with merit list up to 120? or will they need to go beyond this 120 mark?

You guys won't be in the next calls for September start as you won't have your drug test results by then. And you've to get vetting back as well. Realistically you're talking October or November calls depending on how many ahead of you and vetting coming back quickly enough.

Yes I still stages to pass and I understand some peoples SMT took three weeks so I cant see me in the waiting room until very late august. Again I have no idea how long my vetting will be or if I will even pass it. I always said I think I get the call around October that's if I make the waiting room.

In my previous post I mention how uncertain my own guesses are about September intake. Will it be people that narrowly missed out on august due to vetting etc who were below 120 on merit list or will recuitment push on past 120 as that many had failed a stage. Like I said the next set of calls will be interesting.

Either way I dont care my time will come lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

(to steal from Confusedas) with it being cultural expression week, I'd say most of us won't hear anything all week.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭NemesisEejit

It seems that every able-bodied officer is on duty during the 12th, so it is probably already all hands on deck to get rest days in beforehand (a lot more night shifts, and it could be some time before rest days are available again). Recruitment team might include officers, and if it doesn't they are probably being used to fill gaps in other headquarters departments that are short-staffed this week.

Or they could all have buggered off on holiday.

If we are successful this will be our last Twelfth Fortnight off work for a long time. Relax and enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

It seems that every able-bodied officer is on duty during the 12th, so it is probably already all hands on deck to get rest days in beforehand (a lot more night shifts, and it could be some time before rest days are available again). Recruitment team might include officers, and if it doesn't they are probably being used to fill gaps in other headquarters departments that are short-staffed this week.

Or they could all have buggered off on holiday.

If we are successful this will be our last Twelfth Fortnight off work for a long time. Relax and enjoy it.

Who gets 2 weeks off?

I get 2 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 H8thewait

Emails out today folks get checking

I wonder if all the trouble in Derry are all come ons?

I thought it was them uns ;)

Certain groups are claiming that the police are just stopping and battering folk.

Awk dissident lies make me laugh. It would make a good drama though

Happy with the date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Tigger19

What are today's Emails regarding?

Tigger19 wrote: »

What are today's Emails regarding?
    I'm assuming medical dates based on who is posting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Gee2

Medical date received. Thankful. Feedup refreshing my emails.

Well it wasn't us'uns so it wasn't

Confusedas wrote: »

Well it wasn't us'uns so it wasn't

Loving the norn iron use of the pas(sed)t tense lol

• Registered Users Posts: 20 H8thewait

Medical dates.. Quite a wait ahead lol 🀔

Tell me about it. Got my date back mid June and still waiting. Nearly there though

Really I only have to wait 2 weeks. Strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

Was 2-3 for me as well 😅

Yeah I mind you saying. Still confused about that. Funny feeling it may be to do with all the calls they made a while back anoint bringing medicals forward. You have may have got one of those slots by chance, who knows.

• Advertisement

Tell me about it. Got my date back mid June and still waiting. Nearly there though

You tell em sister! ;)

Yeah I mind you saying. Still confused about that. Funny feeling it may be to do with all the calls they made a while back anoint bringing medicals forward. You have may have got one of those slots by chance, who knows.

Well as you know your over 100 up the merit list compared to me so wouldn't worry

Well as you know your over 100 up the merit list compared to me so wouldn't worry

I susepct it'll have something to do with a lot of folknin the top of the list telling recruitment that their notices are longer.

I.e. there may be a substantial amount already in the Sept squad

No don’t get me wrong, it’s not something I’m worrying about. It’s more a case of thinking this process has been very transparent then they throw a curve ball. Would love to be a fly on the wall at the recruitment office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Gee2

4 weeks for my medical. Just what I expected tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

No don’t get me wrong, it’s not something I’m worrying about. It’s more a case of thinking this process has been very transparent then they throw a curve ball. Would love to be a fly on the wall at the recruitment office.
    "pass the donuts over will you, John?" "Boss, Robocop2k16 is posting MJ popcorn memes on that boards thing again.."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Slo18

I’ve only had to wait just over 2 weeks for mine. We defo must’ve got one of those earlier slots available.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mrmagooo

I was the pm session for pca and no email received as of yet. Will give me time to hunt down my GP i guess! Feel so close but so far. I think this application process has made my job at the minute feel even more boring as stupid as that sounds.

Is it just me or is anyone else worried about hurting themselves over the next number of weeks, i dont think anyone has ever mention it but the wait until medical and being over cautious. Imagine breaking an arm at this stage. Would it be a straight medical fail or will they let you recover?

• Advertisement

Is it just me or is anyone else worried about hurting themselves over the next number of weeks, i dont think anyone has ever mention it but the wait until medical and being over cautious. Imagine breaking an arm at this stage. Would it be a straight medical fail or will they let you recover?

I think that's a "if it happens ring 101" scenario.

Just maintain fitness in a manner that you are comfortable in.

And avoid five a sides. "A bit of fun" ended up hurting me

Advertisement