Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

Nap702 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is anyone else worried about hurting themselves over the next number of weeks, i dont think anyone has ever mention it but the wait until medical and being over cautious. Imagine breaking an arm at this stage. Would it be a straight medical fail or will they let you recover?

I think that's a "if it happens ring 101" scenario.

Just maintain fitness in a manner that you are comfortable in.

And avoid five a sides. "A bit of fun" ended up hurting me

It would be a disaster if you did.

Always said to myself if I got past IST and AC it will be all downhill. It's not the case for me. Seems to be I find something to worry about at every stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Gee2

Is it just me or is anyone else worried about hurting themselves over the next number of weeks, i dont think anyone has ever mention it but the wait until medical and being over cautious. Imagine breaking an arm at this stage. Would it be a straight medical fail or will they let you recover?

Having to make up excuses to get out of 5x5 at the minute. Wrapping myself in cotton wool for the considerable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Gee2 wrote: »

Having to make up excuses to get out of 5x5 at the minute. Wrapping myself in cotton wool for the considerable.

Nets?

Nets?

Not even. I usually do my best to avoid them at the best of times.

Fake an injury is best way to opt out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 H8thewait

Nets?

I unfortunatly have a love for motorbikes and trackdays and plan to continue them haha.. Only time will till weither this has been a wise or unwise decision lol

Youd have to stop living your life completely and you still might not make it lol

• Advertisement

H8thewait wrote: »

Nets?

I unfortunatly have a love for motorbikes and trackdays and plan to continue them haha.. Only time will till weither this has been a wise or unwise decision lol

Youd have to stop living your life completely and you still might not make it lol
    I think at this stage there’s no harm being cautious for a few weeks. Once you’re in, you can crack on with your past times.

Nets?

I think at this stage there’s no harm being cautious for a few weeks. Once you’re in, you can crack on with your past times.

Hahah the voice of reason rings true...
    You sound like my other Half lol
    Fair point though i might just have to go without for a while

Nets?

Hahah the voice of reason rings true...
    You sound like my other Half lol
    Fair point though i might just have to go without for a while

Just come too far and waited too long to risk things for a few weeks. ðŸ‘ðŸ»

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭stm1

So based on the emails today how far up the merit list have a medical date?

stm1 wrote: »
    At a guess 350?

• Advertisement

Anyone any idea when vetting actually starts?
    After pca
    After ac
    After medical
    Etc lol

I’m based around 300 - 340 and medical date today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Arniez12

I’m based around 300 - 340 and medical date today.

Hopefully those in the next batch to be progressed will get PCA dates soon now that yous all have medical dates sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Oh goodness, was away on holiday there and I see there has been nearly 30pages of conversation done since then lol. Anyone want to make it easy for me and tell the estimated highest number that has been called forward for PCA? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Oh goodness, was away on holiday there and I see there has been nearly 30pages of conversation done since then lol. Anyone want to make it easy for me and tell the estimated highest number that has been called forward for PCA? :)

You didn't miss much. I think it's around 350 ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Morning all. Heard there were shots fired at police last night in Derry, they’re treating it as attempted murder.

Joceyjoe wrote: »
    Morning all.  Heard there were shots fired at police last night in Derry, they’re treating it as attempted murder.
    trouble also trying to reduce the bonfire in belfast too. this place really lets itself down this time of year :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Grey8

Goonerdee wrote: »

Those of us from 350-500 ish have got emails to say we’re now being processed and they’ll be in touch soon with our PCA dates also..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

I've set up the September calls page early in case any boardies have deferred to that month as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Oh, about 100 away from me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Arniez12

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the funding situation for April/May/June 19 classes? Hoping it comes through to give us about to be progressed a good shot.

Morning all. Heard there were shots fired at police last night in Derry, they’re treating it as attempted murder.

Knew it was all a come on dirty scumbags

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mrmagooo

At a guess 350?
    Just under that and no medical date for me yet! I know it’s nothing to worry about and it should come but that’s not going to stop me from refreshing my emails like a mad man Hahahaha. I’m going away for a wee hotel break with my girlfriend and I’ve a feeling I’ll be getting an outright ban from being on my phone to check emails lol

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭NemesisEejit

Morning all.  Heard there were shots fired at police last night in Derry, they’re treating it as attempted murder.

Is the idea of a "come on" not to lure as small a number of officers as possible into a location where further support will be hindered so that a gun or explosive attack is more likely to succeed? An inconspicuous call which turns into an ambush. I don't think shooting at scores of fully alert and tooled up police officers is a "come on".

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ChillFactor

Who cares what way it was done. The bottom line is officers were fired at and someone’s family could have been sitting with very bad news this morning. Just shows what we are going to be faced with and hopefully we can have the chance in removal of these idiots in our communities.

Is the idea of a "come on" not to lure as small a number of officers as possible into a location where further support will be hindered so that a gun or explosive attack is more likely to succeed? An inconspicuous call which turns into an ambush. I don't think shooting at scores of fully alert and tooled up police officers is a "come on".

Public order kit doesn't stop bullets...

Most orchestrated civil disturvance is to lure police into an area.

A "come on" is anything that brings police into an area where they can be attacked with either firearms or IEDs. Simple.

No need for pedantics.

He's back again.

Mods work rapidly. If you are watching cheers from the thread.

• Advertisement

I dont know about you lot but I cant wait to be in the middle of this next year.

Advertisement