Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭NemesisEejit

You are leaving the Devil's own Highlands to come to Mightily God Fearing Ulster. We barely suffer the Heathens to sell alcohol on the Sabbath. Do you really think there will be a bar in the police college?

I am now forever going to be disappointed that there isn't now that I know the Scots have one.

P.S if you are in my class I will happily do a trade on the bulling and ironing front- you do all of that, and I will... do anything really, up to the value of an arm and a leg (left only), I really do feel that strongly against bull**** presentation nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Gee2

You are leaving the Devil's own Highlands to come to Mightily God Fearing Ulster. We barely suffer the Heathens to sell alcohol on the Sabbath. Do you really think there will be a bar in the police college?

I am now forever going to be disappointed that there isn't now that I know the Scots have one.

P.S if you are in my class I will happily do a trade on the bulling and ironing front- you do all of that, and I will... do anything really, up to the value of an arm and a leg (left only), I really do feel that strongly against bull**** presentation nonsense.
    There was a bar previously when people stayed over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Gee2 wrote: »

Happy dayyys made my night Gee. After all where would the senior officers go for a wee tipple if there wasn't

Happy dayyys made my night Gee. After all where would the senior officers go for a wee tipple if there wasn't
    Not sure if it’s still the case now B&B isn’t the norm. But it was a case of stay too late at your own risk...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Not sure if it’s still the case now B&B isn’t the norm. But it was a case of stay too late at your own risk...

Hopefully it's still a thing. Yes we were well out half an hour before closing. It's an offence to consume outside licensing hours and all that lol

• Advertisement

Hopefully it's still a thing. Yes we were well out half an hour before closing. It's an offence to consume outside licensing hours and all that lol
    I think I recall conversations on here a few years ago about folk being breath tested the next day. Can’t be under the influence of alcohol while on duty for some mad reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

Sorry folks, the bar is gone and there's no alcohol permitted on site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

I'm all against unnecessary bull**** but I do feelnthat you should have pride in your appearance.

I mean if you were a member of the public and the police came to your door, would you want them;

A) looking like they'd rolled into the uniform, creases everywhere, boots bogging etc?

Or

B) looking smart, professional clean boots, pressed shirt and trousers?

I knoe my confidence wpuld be shot by the former.

First impressions are everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Confusedas wrote: »
    Totally unrelated to this thread but curious none the less, I’ve seen photos up over the days of officers in Derry with Garda lanyards on and similar reports of GB officers in Belfast. How does that work? Do the PSNI contract officers in this time of year?

I seen the photo of the PSNI officer with the Garda lanyard, my first thought was that it was ex AGS now PSNI. GB officers would only be used for public order duties, I havent seen photos of them though. (They are easy to spot if you are a bit of a uniform freak like me)

Have you a link to the photo? It would be nieave to think that both the PSNI and AGS do not have a known exchange or train one another, however to have AGS operationally deployed would cause a greater storm than 2 para patrolling the bogside on a hearts and minds operation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Troll posts, and replies, removed.

In future, please do respond to the troll. It just causes more clean up work for the mods, CMods and Admins. Just report and ignore. Do not engage. Thanks

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Faugha wrote: »
    Goonerdee wrote: »
    Confusedas wrote: »
    Totally unrelated to this thread but curious none the less, I’ve seen photos up over the days of officers in Derry with Garda lanyards on and similar reports of GB officers in Belfast. How does that work? Do the PSNI contract officers in this time of year?

I seen the photo of the PSNI officer with the Garda lanyard, my first thought was that it was ex AGS now PSNI. GB officers would only be used for public order duties, I havent seen photos of them though. (They are easy to spot if you are a bit of a uniform freak like me)

Have you a link to the photo? It would be nieave to think that both the PSNI and AGS do not have a known exchange or train one another, however to have AGS operationally deployed would cause a greater storm than 2 para patrolling the bogside on a hearts and minds operation.

It's just Loyalist propaganda mate, a lanyard is just a lanyard.

He probs got a freebie on a collaboration/secondment.

In the photo he's armed and carrying CS, and is also a Sergeant. He is not a disguised AGS Guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

I’ve seen the pic too. I guess it’s a secondment. I met a guard in newry as apart of a PSU in blue PSNI overalls. It happens. I would love to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Anyone else spending too much money on amazon today? Got one of those echo dot things..... Alexa, post on the board "still waiting".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Anyone else spending too much money on amazon today? Got one of those echo dot things..... Alexa, post on the board "still waiting".

Have no money to spend :( lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Grey8

PCA email received for August today.. some more progress

Grey8 wrote: »
    Good man / woman

Good man / woman

Also just ordered an Alexa - forgot about that sale so it’s your fault I’m spending haha

Good man / woman

Also just ordered an Alexa - forgot about that sale so it’s your fault I’m spending haha
    Some good deals on it but also loads of crap

• Registered Users Posts: 45 lmcg1106

PCA date through.. one day before I go on holiday. Meant to be !

lmcg1106 wrote: »

Works out perfect for you! You can relax more on holiday knowing it’s done too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ze0tech

Me too can't wait. Just want to keep the ball rolling and get in that waiting room

lmcg1106 wrote: »

Works out perfect for you! You can relax more on holiday knowing it’s done too

And look while sexy from all the training lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Tom_90

What sort of score bracket are you guys who got the PCA date in?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 maybecop18

Anyone else bored doing the online learning???

Tom_90 wrote: »
    What sort of score bracket are you guys who got the PCA date in?

I’m between 410-430 on merit list.

Thanks. Another wee while to wait for me then!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

Just out of curiosity what merit number range are you in if you mind

Recruit 6 wrote: »

The answer for this is literally two posts up

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

Sorry didn't see it I apologise

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Sorry didn't see it I apologise

It was probably posted when you were writing, don’t worry about it :)

Advertisement