Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

maybecop18 wrote: »
    Anyone else bored doing the online learning???
    It takes 2 hours max to crap it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Gee2

Online learning through today. Haven’t had time to look at it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Doesany1know

Grey8 wrote: »
    Tom_90 wrote: »
    What sort of score bracket are you guys who got the PCA date in?

I’m between 410-430 on merit list.
    I'm 370-390

Hey everyone, so like others I received my PCA date today. Very excited at the small progress lol

Apologies if this has been asked many pages ago.

Do you receive your medical paperwork on the day of PCA or so they arrive via post or email?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Hey everyone, so like others I received my PCA date today. Very excited at the small progress lol

Apologies if this has been asked many pages ago.

Do you receive your medical paperwork on the day of PCA or so they arrive via post or email?

Thanks

If you pass PCA you get the medical papers envelope.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Guys remember we were told by mods not to respond to the troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Joceyjoe wrote: »

Just saw the moderator post now...not sure who they were referring to as the troll. I've replied now and will leave it at that.

Just saw the moderator post now...not sure who they were referring to as the troll. I've replied now and will leave it at that.

Generally any muppet that posts asking "when do I get my boom stick"

Ano I done the same thing last night, but this person keeps rewriting the same thing over and over and gets answers but still asks

Ano I done the same thing last night, but this person keeps rewriting the same thing over and over and gets answers but still asks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Some people just keep posting though when they don't get an answer as they get frustrated. They may not necessarily be a troll. I've answered their question so hopefully that will keep them happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mrmagooo

Gee2 wrote: »
    Got mine through also, still no medical date yet unfortunately! Going to have a sit down tonight and look at the online learning, might need a cup of coffee to get me going lol

Mrmagooo wrote: »
    Got mine through also, still no medical date yet unfortunately! Going to have a sit down tonight and look at the online learning, might need a cup of coffee to get me going lol

Going to wait until later in the week to get stuck in. Hopefully not overly taxing.

How come you don’t have a medical date. What’s your rough merit number?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭NemesisEejit

The online learning is super easy. You can knock it out in maybe 2 hours. Read everything, ace the quizzes, done.

The online learning is super easy. You can knock it out in maybe 2 hours. Read everything, ace the quizzes, done.
    Is it multiple choice lol. What happens if you fail?

Some multiple choice, mostly pasting in answers. The quiz is solely to test whether you have read the material, but the answers are so intuitive that you could probably go without. The stuff is worth reading anyway, it just won't take very long. If you get an answer wrong you get to redo the question instantly, and I believe you can redo the entire quiz if you like. It is not meant to be an obstacle, I think it is just an introduction to academic thinking aimed at folks that didn't do subjects that would stray into that area during GCSE'S or A Level.

Some multiple choice, mostly pasting in answers. The quiz is solely to test whether you have read the material, but the answers are so intuitive that you could probably go without. The stuff is worth reading anyway, it just won't take very long. If you get an answer wrong you get to redo the question instantly, and I believe you can redo the entire quiz if you like. It is not meant to be an obstacle, I think it is just an introduction to academic thinking aimed at folks that didn't do subjects that would stray into that area during GCSE'S or A Level.
    Great, thanks for the advice.

My dad di advise get a book just to get your brain used to intaking information again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

Get a notebook and start note taking. If anything it'll give you good practice for GV. Over time you'll get to know what kind of information you need to remember, it also helps immensely when it comes to exams and revision having condensed notes

Yep, gotta start practicing that illegible notebook scrawl that would make even a Doctor blush.

Seriously though, good note-taking is a skill that the online learning explicitly aims to develop, so good call.

• Advertisement

Going to wait until later in the week to get stuck in. Hopefully not overly taxing.

No idea man, I emailed recruitment to see what the craic was so hopefully hear back from them today.
    I’m between 300-350. Started to panic when everyone else was getting their date and I still haven’t got mine haha.

No idea man, I emailed recruitment to see what the craic was so hopefully hear back from them today.
    I’m between 300-350. Started to panic when everyone else was getting their date and I still haven’t got mine haha.
    So after the PCA, you get a medical pack. Do you also need to go for an actual medical?
    And when do you do smt?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Grey8

So after the PCA, you get a medical pack. Do you also need to go for an actual medical?
    And when do you do smt?

Thanks

If you pass the PCA you get your medical forms on the day to get completed by your GP, you then get a date to attend a medical and they do the SMT whilst at your medical appointment..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Grey8 wrote: »

And when do you do smt?

Thanks

If you pass the PCA you get your medical forms on the day to get completed by your GP, you then get a date to attend a medical and they do the SMT whilst at your medical appointment..

If you're bald you're in trouble if they need some other hair ;)

Update: got medical date! Can relax until the next thing now hahaha

Can you request a blood sample be taken if you have no body hair? Or how does it work. I'm just curious.

I know they will take hsir from the Armpits or chest. But what if you have Alopecia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

Can you request a blood sample be taken if you have no body hair? Or how does it work. I'm just curious.

I know they will take hsir from the Armpits or chest. But what if you have Alopecia?
    i think if you cant give a hair sample they go with a urine sample. dont quote me on that

Nap702 wrote: »

i think if you cant give a hair sample they go with a urine sample. dont quote me on that
    you know what i cant find were i read that so yea i am properly talking ****e :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

you know what i cant find were i read that so yea i am properly talking ****e :-)

Nah you are right they would take urine. Most GB forces only take urine anyway

• Advertisement

Nah you are right they would take urine. Most GB forces only take urine anyway
    am near sure i read it but i cant find where it was

Advertisement