Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Gee2

Nap702 wrote: »
    Can you request a blood sample be taken if you have no body hair? Or how does it work. I'm just curious.

I know they will take hsir from the Armpits or chest. But what if you have Alopecia?
    i think if you cant give a hair sample they go with a urine sample. dont quote me on that
    you know what i cant find were i read that so yea i am properly talking ****e :-)
    That’s what they say on medical forms I think I read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

found it!!!

its in the invitational medical email they send you.
    [justify]The only exception to this will be where prior information has been provided as to why you cannot provide a sufficient hair sample.  If you have concerns regarding the provision of three centimetres of hair, objections based on religious beliefs or have a recognised medical condition that will prevent you from providing a sample you should e-mail ac&vppv.psni.pnn.police.uk as soon as possible to inform them of the reasons why you are unable to provide a suitable sample. [/justify]

[justify] [/justify]

[justify]In these instances a urine sample will be required to be provided.  Urine samples will be undertaken by the collection of a sample of at least 50ml. If at testing you are unable to provide a sample you will be offered 250ml of water every 15 minutes up to a period of 1 hour and not exceeding a maximum of 1 litre.  You will be given up to 2 hours to provide a 50ml sample from time of first request.  Failure to provide a sample in the time period will be deemed as a refusal and debar you from the process. Applicants who provide a urine sample will be required to provide a further three random samples over a 6-month period from the date of your initial test.***[/justify]

• Registered Users Posts: 4 demp18

Hi Everyone! I am guilty of being a lurker for a while but since I got my merit list number I feel like it is getting a little more real!! I hope everyone’s campaigns are going well so far!

I am on the merit list between 470 and 500. I am just wondering if anyone between these numbers has heard anything since you got the email about your merit number?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭NemesisEejit

With hair they can look a few months backward, which is why they want 3cm, while urine is only good for a day or two before the test so they need multiple tests over time.
    I guess if you had been taking things you shouldn't you could napalm all of the hair on your body and then give clean urine tests for the next six months ;)
    Do they take a urine sample during the medical for other tests (cholesterol, blood sugars, ???), or do they take blood, or do they take nothing at all?

FYI the prision service is looking guards and drivers for anyone it may interest (sorry [url=javascript:;]NemesisEejit[/url] i have no answer and for changing the subject lol)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Gee2

With hair they can look a few months backward, which is why they want 3cm, while urine is only good for a day or two before the test so they need multiple tests over time.
    I guess if you had been taking things you shouldn't you could napalm all of the hair on your body and then give clean urine tests for the next six months ;)
    Do they take a urine sample during the medical for other tests (cholesterol, blood sugars, ???), or do they take blood, or do they take nothing at all?
    Last time I had the medical they took hair and urine on the day but not blood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Gee2 wrote: »
    Last time I had the medical they took hair and urine on the day but not blood.

Don't exercise 24 hrs before medical as traces of blood turn up in urine for some reason. Biologists can answer that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Can you request a blood sample be taken if you have no body hair? Or how does it work. I'm just curious.

I know they will take hsir from the Armpits or chest. But what if you have Alopecia?
    i think if you cant give a hair sample they go with a urine sample. dont quote me on that
    you know what i cant find were i read that so yea i am properly talking ****e :-)

Nah you are right they would take urine. Most GB forces only take urine anyway
    Are you saying they take the piss? Sorry had to fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 pom16

Medical done and online learning submitting now more waiting! -_-

pom16 wrote: »
    Pom16 first time posting? Welcome lol if not ignor.

Was your medical done recently?

Where approx are you on the merit list?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

I know the mail says they don't tell you if you pass on the day (i think?), but do they allude to it?

Around a month from PCA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

Quick question for anyone who’s already had a medical would it be a hassle for me to come in smart work clothes as I have to go straight back to work or would it be necessary to bring casual clothes and change? I heard most people dressed casually so just wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Quick question for anyone who’s already had a medical would it be a hassle for me to come in smart work clothes as I have to go straight back to work or would it be necessary to bring casual clothes and change? I heard most people dressed casually so just wondering

Wear whatever lets you roll your sleeve up. I wore work corporate wear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

ML515 wrote: »

Wear whatever lets you roll your sleeve up. I wore work corporate wear.[/quot

Great thanks for replying will be able roll up my sleeves in work clothes anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

David we anybody know how long until medical after passing?

It all depends on your placement in the merit list. You're progressed in merit order. You should have received an email with a merit number.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Carlas1000

How are the PSNI in terms of appearance? If I had bright red hair for example (which was clearly not a natural colour), would this breach uniform standards?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 pom16

Pom16 first time posting? Welcome lol if not ignor.

Was your medical done recently?

Where approx are you on the merit list?
    Posted once before I think!
    Done recently so still waiting on results
    Merit is 150-200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Hey everyone, I havnt been on in a while been in flat out prep mode. But on for a bit answering a few DM's.
    I'm going to be in the first 1710 intake, so if anyone has any questions I'll try and answer while I'm here.
    Please no questions about dates etc.... Or firearms lmao.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭stm1

How long does the push pull take?

• Advertisement

stm1 wrote: »
    How long does the push pull take?

I think it was 20 seconds

20 seconds of pure torture. It is also the first time you will ever have used the damn thing so it is super awkward. It isn't a pass/fail element though.

Confusedas I believe you are correct in your assumptions.

Confusedas I believe you are correct in your assumptions.

Well I’m headed for the right career anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

*Comment deleted*

NiK9 wrote: »
    You complete idiot lol

It's a wahhhh

On the 1% chance that you aren't the crap troll, delete that post. To be honest I am concerned at some usernames, but posting real identifying characteristics is not on. Even if they aren't your own, what are the chances of there being a real person by that name from Newry? Fairly high.

You can mess about, but don't risk anybody's safety.

On the 1% chance that you aren't the crap troll, delete that post. To be honest I am concerned at some usernames, but posting real identifying characteristics is not on. Even if they aren't your own, what are the chances of there being a real person by that name from Newry? Fairly high.

You can mess about, but don't risk anybody's safety.

Absolute belter if he/she is an applicant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Grey8

NiK9 wrote: »
    *Comment deleted*

Nik9 - how’d everyone for August find their allocated station? Obviously not looking details of where etc but compared to preferences did you all get the districts you wanted or will yous be travelling serious distances to work?

• Advertisement

They only found out districts

Advertisement