Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Grey8

They only found out districts

Face palm moment.. I do know this but yeah Nik9 I mean the district allocations, folk happy or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

I love this forum times lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

Stop replying ladies and gents. Just report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Grey8 wrote: »
    NiK9 wrote: »
    *Comment deleted*

Nik9 - how’d everyone for August find their allocated station? Obviously not looking details of where etc but compared to preferences did you all get the districts you wanted or will yous be travelling serious distances to work?

A good number of people didn't get their preferences and a few I spoke to got really shafted with distance. I'm around the 1hour each way mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

*Comment deleted*

Nik9 - how’d everyone for August find their allocated station? Obviously not looking details of where etc but compared to preferences did you all get the districts you wanted or will yous be travelling serious distances to work?

A good number of people didn't get their preferences and a few I spoke to got really shafted with distance. I'm around the 1hour each way mark.

That's grim.

Not too bad if you get a "fly in" station.

(No longer means helicopters)

• Advertisement

Then join the Defence Forces or the Foreign legion then. You want firearms.

What do you think policing is?

It's being a shoulder to cry on when you tell a mother her child has been killee in an RTC.

It's standing taking horrendous abuse in public order situations whilst you are sweating your bollocks off. And guess what you have to take it on order to prevent escalation.

It's pulling dead kids from cars.

It's helping that pensioner that has fallen over at home and can't get up.

It's having a drunken teenager boke on you.

Get the picture?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

Then join the Defence Forces or the Foreign legion then. You want firearms.

What do you think policing is?

It's being a shoulder to cry on when you tell a mother her child has been killee in an RTC.

It's standing taking horrendous abuse in public order situations whilst you are sweating your bollocks off. And guess what you have to take it on order to prevent escalation.

It's pulling dead kids from cars.

It's helping that pensioner that has fallen over at home and can't get up.

It's having a drunken teenager boke on you.

Get the picture?

Never read a truer post. It’s not what you should be interested in. It’s something you will have Incase of an extreme circumstance but you will probably/hopefully never have to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Let this Kieran fella be a reminder to everyone on this board, trust absolutely no one, no matter how convincing their backstory is with tales of wanting to join the PSNI, merit numbers, passing stages. He's read enough of the board to know the lingo. Six shots were fired at police officers in Derry last week in an attempt to murder them. Attempting to murder police for some, is a full-time job. They're constantly scheming and looking for complacency. Sometimes we have craic on here but don't get sucked in. Trust no one, no matter how long a veteran on this board. Venues have been accidentally disclosed here along with dates and times. Trust no one until you meet them in person at your induction. I don't think this poster is genuine at all. The mask has slipped.

*Comment deleted*

That’s the hard part isn’t it, not knowing until the last minute where you’re going. I’d say an hour each way is handy enough.. you don’t want to be too close to home (depending on where you live ofcourse) but you also don’t want to be doing a 5 hour round trip on top of your shifts. Is anyone considering appealing that you know? Hopefully the stations are the closest to home of the districts they get!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭NemesisEejit

I believe Banterbus was alluding to the Police Ombudsman's compulsory reports into firearm use by the PSNI. Every use of TASER and CS spray is investigated as they are considered firearms under our legislation (don't quote me on that, not 100% sure). I have heard that even unholstering a pistol or raising a rifle or submachinegun wilp be investigated.

So the PSNI have no use for folks that have an unhealthy fascination of firearms. Too much paperwork, and too much risk that when subjected to stress that person will escalate to firearms and discharge them when their use is not warranted.

I find guns interesting- "thats a ****ing G36, that's what the German army use!"- but I would rather not need one for my prospective career.

• Advertisement

Folks don't answer any questions regarding where firearms can and cannot be taken. It's just another DR looking for a week spot to target your future colleagues or yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 countrymusic1

Hey everyone! Not a first time poster but first time I have posted since my failed first PCA attempt and with good news that I passed it second time round.

Can't recommend the training sessions enough for anyone who maybe be doing a repeat and literally train your backside off. It will pay off!

Received my date for my medical and it is about a month to go but everything is looking a bit more promising again! Hurrah!! 😊

Hey everyone! Not a first time poster but first time I have posted since my failed first PCA attempt and with good news that I passed it second time round.

Can't recommend the training sessions enough for anyone who maybe be doing a repeat and literally train your backside off. It will pay off!

Received my date for my medical and it is about a month to go but everything is looking a bit more promising again! Hurrah!! 😊

Congratulations on passing, I’m sure you’re relieved it’s over you now!

Congrats! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

At what point do we start a campaign to recruit more mods so we can get rid of these guys quicker? :sleeping:

It’s great to see the amount of people flying through the different stages. They mean business this time, no messing about :)

majgreen wrote: »
    At what point do we start a campaign to recruit more mods so we can get rid of these guys quicker? :sleeping:
    I'd volunteer but I say ill be too busy for the next number of months lol

How are you feeling this month getting all sorted and prepared? Are you starting to get nervous or just dying to get going?

Joceyjoe wrote: »

How are you feeling this month getting all sorted and prepared? Are you starting to get nervous or just dying to get going?

Really excited and really busy. Just been getting all my kitlist sorted. And also ALOT of online learning. My current work has also been flooding me with overtime cause they havnt found anyone to replace me yet so they want as much work done as possible before I leave. But thankfully I have some time off between finishing it and starting training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

dudara wrote: »
    Troll posts, and replies, removed.

In future, please do respond to the troll. It just causes more clean up work for the mods, CMods and Admins. Just report and ignore. Do not engage. Thanks

dudara

Repeating this message, as I’ve just had to delete over 7 pages of troll posts and responses to them. Sorry if your post got deleted, but troll posts will not be allowed remain. This person is not only trolling the PSNI forum but other forums also.

Please, before replying to a poster, take a moment to critically evaluate them. Are they brand new? If you have suspicions, please report and do not respond.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 countrymusic1

Congratulations on passing, I’m sure you’re relieved it’s over you now!

I sure am! Delighted to hear others have progressed to the call stage! Jusy let it be me soon all being well! 😊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Confusedas I believe you are correct in your assumptions.

Confusedas will confirm I messaged him to call him the moment they started posting lol

Confusedas will confirm I messaged him to call him the moment they started posting lol

FYI mate, all the PM's you sent were blank. :D

Confusedas wrote: »

FYI mate, all the PM's you sent were blank. :D

Damn no evidence to prove it beyond reasonable doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 pom16

Recruitment boys must be flat out now. 24 hours turnaround for medical and got the all clear!

pom16 wrote: »
    Recruitment boys must be flat out now. 24 hours turnaround for medical and got the all clear!

They know if you've passed 30 seconds after you walk out the door lol

Hopefully, mine is soon! Well done on passing.

You in the 'waiting room' now or waiting for vetting?

They know if you've passed 30 seconds after you walk out the door lol

pom16 most likely means the HR team sending the mails out to confirm your pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 pom16

Vetting was cleared well before PCA so “waiting room” it is.

• Advertisement

Vetting was cleared well before PCA so “waiting room” it is.
    Still got that smt to pass ;)

Advertisement