Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Niscouser18

Hi guys,

I have been lurking ever since the IST stage of the process and the info on here has been extremely helpful!!

I have finally got the call for a standby space for September intake and a guaranteed spot for October.

Was quite hesitant to join the boards before vetting etc had been done but hopefully this board keeps going to help others as much as it has helped me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

cjc123 wrote: »
    Can anybody who has done the medical help me ? I already asked a similar question regarding BMI but wanted to check-has anybody been over the 30 BMI mark and still passed? Someone said they were 32 and got in..
    Thanks.

I have a BMI of 35 and passed because I passed PCA. It used to be if you were over 30 you then did a PCA. It was unfair so everyone has to do it. From the horses mouth at medical

Hi guys,

I have been lurking ever since the IST stage of the process and the info on here has been extremely helpful!!

I have finally got the call for a standby space for September intake and a guaranteed spot for October.

Was quite hesitant to join the boards before vetting etc had been done but hopefully this board keeps going to help others as much as it has helped me!!

Where approx is your merit list number

Njim91 wrote: »
    Hi guys, just a quick question as I've been away for some time now and the pages have ramped up on this! Anyone have any idea if the merit list for the 2017 campaign will be exhausted before any potential new merit lists are formed for subsequent campaigns? Basically, if the speculated 400 additional new officers that the CC has reportedly called for to be included in next year's budget, would the first few applicants put through to psni managed stages for those alloted places be taken from the current merit list first or will somebody who scored higher in the 2018 campaign get a place before?

Thanks in advance :)

Not too sure if anyone can answer that, well I can't anyway lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Niscouser18

Nap702 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm between 170 and 200

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 cjc123

Can anybody who has done the medical help me ? I already asked a similar question regarding BMI but wanted to check-has anybody been over the 30 BMI mark and still passed? Someone said they were 32 and got in..
    Thanks.
    They assess you based on looking fit and healthy. My bmi was on the low side and they just looked at me and said I looked fine. They said it’s not a reliable tool for a lot of people

Thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cjc123

Thanks.

I have a BMI of 35 and passed because I passed PCA. It used to be if you were over 30 you then did a PCA. It was unfair so everyone has to do it. From the horses mouth at medical

Thank you for response. I have a bmi of 31 at present but I am quite fit - play sports and I run And gym. Have been fretting over it.
    Thanks again !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Kermit243

If you pass the pca you are declared fit enough regardless of your bmi. It used to be a big factor but if you can pass the pca the nurse will not bring it up at all in the medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Yellow321

Anyone else get an email from psni about social media & security etc or just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 pom16

Yes everyone did I assume!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Jaymeg

Hi guys,

I'm between 170 and 200

I was the same as you! Was called yesterday for a maybe September start but definitely October. Just phoned again today and have been confirmed September so looks promising for you too! Probably see you at the induction day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Doesany1know

Jaymeg wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm between 170 and 200

I was the same as you! Was called yesterday for a maybe September start but definitely October. Just phoned again today and have been confirmed September so looks promising for you too! Probably see you at the induction day!
    Jaymeg what ML position are you

Hi guys,

I'm between 170 and 200

Jaymeg what ML position are you

140-160

What stage or ML are you? I may be able to find out for you approx intake as I know someone in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 pom16

I got confirmation this week that drugs test is passed and my merit is 140-160 so hopefully I will hear soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Adam261

Just got an email to say I’m now being processed through the PSNI managed stages....happy days!

Adam261 wrote: »
    Just got an email to say I’m now being processed through the PSNI managed stages....happy days!

Me too!!!!!!! Yehaaaa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Yellow321 wrote: »

Me too!!!!!!! Yehaaaa

Where are you on the merit list?

Hi where are you on the merit list roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Adam261

Joceyjoe wrote: »

In the 500-550 bracket

In the 500-550 bracket

Brilliant, good luck and get training :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Daisy04

Hi guys,

I'm between 170 and 200

Well done and good luck, I'm sure you can't wait

Yellow321 wrote: »

Me too!!!!!!! Yehaaaa

Where are you on the merit list?

I’m 475-500 on merit list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Tom_90

I’m 550-600, holding out hope for the same email soon

• Registered Users Posts: 32 belfast_22

Jaymeg congrats, see you next month!

You too bud 🙌ðŸ»ðŸ™ŒðŸ» See you then!

Malonegirl96 delete your inbox :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

Malonegirl96 delete your inbox :)
    Done

• Registered Users Posts: 24 countrymusic1

Hey everyone

Please delete this if it isnt acceptable but i was wondering has anyone passed the medical even with occasions of stress? I am really worrying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Doesany1know

Hey everyone

Please delete this if it isnt acceptable but i was wondering has anyone passed the medical even with occasions of stress? I am really worrying

Sorry mate, I've no idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 ChillFactor

Has anyone a rough idea when vetting is completed? Like what stages as I’m towards the end but still heard nada

Advertisement