Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Gee2

maybecop18 wrote: »
    I can understand the Vague responses.
    Better question then.
    Anyone know how lenient they are in giving a weeks holidays in GV.
    Me and some mates are talking about going skiing in February, but dont want to book it incase I get in and they dont give time off.
    What stage are you at?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 maybecop18

Gee2 wrote: »
    Better question then.
    Me and some mates are talking about going skiing in February, but dont want to book it incase I get in and they dont give time off.
    What stage are you at?

About to do medical!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Its very hard to guess how long you have to go. I would like to say that if you are at the medical stage then you would be in GV or starting GV in February but it all depends on your Merit List position and how long your vetting is.

Its the old adage, how long is a piece of string.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Better question then.

The course is a solid 23 weeks. You cannot afford to miss a week so they will deny it.

You get 1 day for funeral, weddings etc

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Cand1

https:/m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/236m-how-much-overtime-has-cost-the-psni-in-the-last-five-years-37209262.htmlThis got me thinking a bit. I wonder how much overtime is average for a constable?? Is it paid at normal rate? I love a bit of OT to boost the wage each month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Adam West

Recently passed my medical, waiting on my SMT results back. Running into snags with my vetting because I lived overseas for a while. So I think that will take a month or so to resolve. Hopefully not too much of a delay. Still fingers crossed to start before xmas.

#keepthethreadalive

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

Adam West wrote: »
    Recently passed my medical, waiting on my SMT results back. Running into snags with my vetting because I lived overseas for a while. So I think that will take a month or so to resolve. Hopefully not too much of a delay. Still fingers crossed to start before xmas.

#keepthethreadalive
    That's good mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

#keepthethreadalive

Great news. Hopefully not too long on the SMT. Expect about a 2-week turnaround on that, maybe a little less, maybe a little more!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Njim91

#keepthethreadalive

What number bracket do you fall in the merit list?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spasticator

#keepthethreadalive

Congrats on passing the medical!
    May I ask how they test eyesight? Ta!

• Advertisement

#keepthethreadalive

The same way an optician does.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spasticator

#keepthethreadalive

The same way an optician does.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Yellow321

Anyone know what the hours are in GV? Like is it mon-fri, shift work, weekends, 40hrs?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ze0tech

Yellow321 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the hours are in GV? Like is it mon-fri, shift work, weekends, 40hrs?

I highly doubt you get an answer to this question due to the sensitive nature of it. There are people there now and talking about their work pattern would be of benefit to the wrong individuals. Sit tight if you get in you will find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭eslow

Any one any tattoos on arms, hands etc? Have PCA very soon but concerned I won’t pass vetting for tattoos. Have a small one on my hand which is currently going through laser removal. Hoping they still pass it!

eslow wrote: »
    Any one any tattoos on arms, hands etc? Have PCA very soon but concerned I won’t pass vetting for tattoos. Have a small one on my hand which is currently going through laser removal. Hoping they still pass it!
    Every individual case is different. If vetting have any questions, they will contact you to discuss I believe.

As long as your reported them on vetting forms and gave them all the info they asked for there is nothing you can do now apart from what they come back and say.

Saw a lot with tattoos above the elbow. Didn't see any hand ones. Though if you're getting it lasered then I imagine it would be ok. It really all comes down to what the vetting dept say though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Doesany1know

I have a small 1 just above the cuff line, that's also being removed.
    Haven't heard anything back regarding it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

How is everyone getting on with the recruitment process? One step away from the waiting room myself.......... By the power of greyskull I should be over that last step at month end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭NemesisEejit

The eyesight element has a few separate tests. First they ask you to read fairly small type from an old book. Then colour blindness is tested. Then there is the normal reading from the progressively smaller lines of the chart. Finally there is a peripheral vision check- person stands a few metres in front of you, holds their arms out and wiggles fingers- you have to point at the wiggling fingers with your own outstretched hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tigger19

How is everyone getting on with the recruitment process? One step away from the waiting room myself.......... By the power of greyskull I should be over that last step at month end.

Just awaiting SMT result. Everything else passed and cleared.
    Racking my brain as to when call might come.
    Anyone have any insight or able to guess timescale?

Tigger19 wrote: »

all depends on that big ML number! where you at on the list?

Tigger19 wrote: »

Have you passed vetting?

Have you passed vetting?

Yes

Confusedas wrote: »
    all depends on that big ML number! where you at on the list?

Between 200 and 230?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 lmcg1106

Congrats to anyone that passed the PCA, was great meeting some faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Cand1

It's great they are getting through the merit list so quickly. If the PCA expires after 6 months that could mean those 500 to 550 could be in GV by Feb.

Cand1 wrote: »
    It's great they are getting through the merit list so quickly. If the PCA expires after 6 months that could mean those 500 to 550 could be in GV by Feb.

Not trying to rain on your parade but that 6 months means jack to be honest. It been extended for some and dear John's have been sent before it expired. All depends on budgets, operational needs and attrition of the merit list. Nothing is a given.

• Advertisement

Are the Tangi replacement, the OVIK Pangoli, an ARV or a patrol vehicle? Or are they something else?

I've always wondered what they'd be used for thanks to the improving situation.

You what???

Advertisement