Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CaptainCanary

Guess it will depend on how many are taken on each intake and how many people before you in the merit list are now ready to go.

I'm sure a few have unfortunately not made it this far but who knows how many. Hopefully some of those that got the call this week can give us an idea of how far down the merit list they are on this intake.

To be honest would be better to be told now if we are going to start in November, January or whenever it might be. I'm contracted to give 6 weeks notice with my current employer. I would like to be able to give them that at least that as they have been good to me over the past 7 years and want to leave on good terms!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sparkplug1710

Yes any update on Merit List calls would be great.
    Had not considered drop off from the process but cant imagine it would be very many.
    It would just be nice to know. Do you know if the calls go out every 5/6 weeks?

No idea. Just went through all the old emails sent out looking for clues! Not much there apart from there will be "regular courses from August onwards" with 30-50 in each intake. Done some basic maths and allowed for a few to have dropped off we might be looking at a Nov or Jan start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

No idea. Just went through all the old emails sent out looking for clues! Not much there apart from there will be "regular courses from August onwards" with 30-50 in each intake. Done some basic maths and allowed for a few to have dropped off we might be looking at a Nov or Jan start.
    Know of someone getting a call on Tuesday around 220 mark and that’s the only day this week so far we have heard calls so likely more to come this week

Know of someone getting a call on Tuesday around 220 mark and that’s the only day this week so far we have heard calls so likely more to come this week

Well that's good news, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 sparkplug1710

Yes Thanks MaloneGirl96

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Squirrel1234

Does anyone happen to know the policy for laser eye surgery? Which one is acceptable etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JustChecking93

There have been more calls going out today. I know someone who scored between 200-250

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Doesany1know

There have been more calls going out today. I know someone who scored between 200-250
    Can that be narrowed down at all by maybe 30 lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Does anyone happen to know the policy for laser eye surgery? Which one is acceptable etc?
    I think as long as you can see you're grand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Wild.Wild.West

I think as long as you can see you're grand

Lol lol lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 cazzie23

If you go to the psni recruitment page and under the medical and substance misuse section if gives you information regarding laser eye surgery

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tigger19

Just got the call!!!!

Over the moon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Congrats! Are you 235-240 on ML?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭TW2017

Tigger19 wrote: »
    Just got the call!!!!

Over the moon

Good news, what is your merit list number (roughly)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tigger19

TW2017 wrote: »
    Good news, what is your merit list number (roughly)

220-240

• Registered Users Posts: 24 maybecop18

Anyone on here had any response back from vetting.
    They emailed me last week saying I had left out some information. I got it together and fired it off in an email within an hour.
    Just wandering if anyone had any similar experiences and how long it had held them up??

maybecop18 wrote: »
    They emailed me last week saying I had left out some information. I got it together and fired it off in an email within an hour.
    Just wandering if anyone had any similar experiences and how long it had held them up??

What's you approx ML number?

Had the same thing happen

What's you approx ML number?

Had the same thing happen

Merit List of 340 - 360

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Squirrel1234

Yeah I had a similar situation. They should get back to you ASAP. Minus a day for the bank holiday. Everyone’s vetting is different!

• Advertisement

Anyone with a pass is around 310 Mark, I leave it another few weeks

Anyone with a pass is around 310 Mark, I leave it another few weeks

Thanks all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

LASIK and LASEK are fine (don’t know the difference). I had one of those but can remember which lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

I think the general rule of thumb is if you can drive without restrictions on your licence you're good to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Busdriver123

Is anyone on the current merit list for 1710 going to try on the new campaign beginning on the 1st October?

Is anyone on the current merit list for 1710 going to try on the new campaign beginning on the 1st October?

Yes, might as well, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Newbie1710

Anyone know the lowest number that has been given a date for their PCA? 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Newbie1710

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Adam261

Somewhere in the mid 500's roughly

• Advertisement

Newbie1710 wrote: »
    Up to 550ml have completed their PCA. Although people between 550ml and roughly 580/600ml have just received their progression emails and will receive PCA date imminently.

Advertisement